Page 88 of 187 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298138 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 2796
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    I wonder why 6 issues like is it because of the writer or because DC doesn't believe it will sell well for whatever reason.
    Generally it's this.

Along with the fact certain parts of the fandom will scream Bumblebee is being added for political reasons versus "hey she was a member of this team before Wolfman, Perez and Wein showed up".

Dc should easily get a good 18-25 issues out of this back in the old days. Now with folks LOOKING for reasons to not support versus just trying the book instead of wasting money on yet another Batman worshiping event with a writer most don't like.

We keep screaming we want better but act like we can't break old habits.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Generally it's this.

Along with the fact certain parts of the fandom will scream Bumblebee is being added for political reasons versus "hey she was a member of this team before Wolfman, Perez and Wein showed up".

Dc should easily get a good 18-25 issues out of this back in the old days. Now with folks LOOKING for reasons to not support versus just trying the book instead of wasting money on yet another Batman worshiping event with a writer most don't like.

We keep screaming we want better but act like we can't break old habits.
    I have seen nothing but people being excited for Bumblebee.

I wonder why 6 issues like is it because of the writer or because DC doesn't believe it will sell well for whatever reason.
    The mini-series format is just working better for modern audiences, I think.
    It's worked for Hellboy for forever.

A few pros:
    It gives more properties a chance to get seen.
    It gives creators more time between blocks to get caught up and maintain quality.
    Issues one through six tend to sell better than seven through twelve.
    Each first issue is someone's jumping on point, and can lead them to pick up trades of previous minis to see what they might've missed if they end up liking the characters.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Yeah I hate this tendency to make everyone an orphan, single, the only survivor, homeless, etc. It makes the characters' world so much smaller, only defined by their relationships to their teammates, and removes potentially interesting settings and side characters for future stories. All in the name of cheap drama.
    I thought they just didn’t want her having responsibilities to a planet so far from earth.

Titans #1 came out on DC Universe Infinite today, so I finally got a chance to read it.
    Even better than I expected it to be.

Titano felt very much like a MacGuffin. Like the terrorist in Justice League #1 that killed himself.
    There may be more to its appearance, but I think the whole thing was just to set the playing pieces on the board.

Re: the controversy over Donna's comment- I think some people may be overreacting. Nightwing's comment that preceded it was all the clarification that was needed to understand what she, Kori and Raven meant. And it even ties into Garth's conversation earlier.

A Suicide Squad clash is most likely on the horizon.
    However, after reading Doom Patrol #1, I really want to see Titans team up with the DP. Especially since the Brotherhood of Evil are currently being seen there.

I haven't read Cyborg, yet, but I plan to today or tomorrow. I have to say it's good to see Gizmo and Mammoth appear there, too.
    And Brother Blood coming up in Titans.

I know folks want to see new foes, and stop retreading the old ones, but I don't mind if it's to set the foundations for the team after being gone for so long.

Taylor says in this interview that this Titans book launches something really big that he imagine will be announced around San Diego Comic con.

They didn't talk much about the Titans book, unfortunately.

This was recorded before issue #1 was released. Issue two has a flashback scene with 9 characters in the era between Teen Titans and the New Teen Titans.
    Scott talked a bit about Starfire's hair and that she will get a scene in civis with her hair loose.

Last edited by Drako; 06-15-2023 at 06:25 AM.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Taylor says in this interview that this Titans book launches something really big that he imagine will be announced around San Diego Comic con.

They didn't talk much about the Titans book, unfortunately.

This was recorded before issue #1 was released. Issue two has a flashback scene with 9 characters in the era between Teen Titans and the New Teen Titans.
    Scott talked a bit about Starfire's hair and that she will get a scene in civis with her hair loose.

Sounds good. Especially seeing them in civvies .

Astonishing Member

Yeah, it's not like she wasn't an actual member -- even if it was only towards the end of the first run. Many of us enjoy seeing B-list characters included over the same old, same old. I haven't bought a comic book in years, but am planning on getting this series!

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    World's Finest ad:
    The one glaring issue with BUMBLEBEE in this solicit about "Teen Sidekicks" would seem to be that Karen isn't one - unless they go the route of making her an ATOM legacy character as in the animated version OR if they introduce her as an independent teen character which could make her an inspiration to the group to break away from their mentors. Could be good stuff there especially if they infuse her with the headstrong leader personality from the animated TEEN TITANS version.
    I don't mind a limited series because its assures a quality creative team and story that has a defined arc.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Extraordinary Member

I can’t belive beast boys the one getting a solo project

https://twitter.com/universodcnauta/...jJ3z6TXVzl8ksw

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I dont mind a six issue mini series they can always do one of two things if it's popular enough....just continue it (DC has a nice track record of that lately) or do a season 2. A season two could be fun for either a time jump or to bring in different characters (Titans West maybe?)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    The one glaring issue with BUMBLEBEE in this solicit about "Teen Sidekicks" would seem to be that Karen isn't one - unless they go the route of making her an ATOM legacy character as in the animated version OR if they introduce her as an independent teen character which could make her an inspiration to the group to break away from their mentors. Could be good stuff there especially if they infuse her with the headstrong leader personality from the animated TEEN TITANS version.
    I don't mind a limited series because its assures a quality creative team and story that has a defined arc.
    No one should care that she not a sidekick, I don’t thinks it’s glaring at all

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post

I think he's the only one that hasn't had one.
    And he has a rich history with the Doom Patrol, '60s Titans and '80s Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post

An animated movie? Is this part of the DTV line?

From issue #2.

DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.