Page 186 of 187 FirstFirst ... 86136176182183184185186187 LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,790 of 2796
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    In terms of exposure, it’s their best year in decades for sure.
    In terms of quality… I’m still waiting for the main book to really deliver and I’m not sure being part of PG’s current era is a plus for Lilith’s character… But Flash has a good run right now and Nightwing is definitely better than previous runs. Waid’s mini was really fun too.
    Lilith being utilized at all is a plus for her. But yeah this has been great year for titans. I’m gonna miss Waids book, but Beast Workd is ramping up.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I dont disagree that if we never have another Trigon story, my feelings wont be hurt, but I would like to see the old goat go out on a high note (but then that sets him up to be used again because he was such a big bad....so maybe it's better.) The same can be said I feel for Brother Blood. Let's bring back the Brotherhood of Evil and make them magnificent! Give us Phobia, Houngan, Warp...maybe replace Mallah and the Brain as I fear they too have drifted too far. Maybe bring in Gemini and some others. Give us a really kick-ass story with an updated Tartarus (the group from Grayson & Buckingham's Titans run), bring back the Fearsome Five. Reinvent Trident (or add him to one of the groups?)
    There's tons of opportunities and potential in other Titans villains that has barely been explored or could be explored more.

Now if we can just get Donna straightened out along the way...
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Criticized mostly by namesless and faceless people on the Internet? Sure, I can agree with that. Also what's taken it's place?
    I mean the Cowboy Bebop live-action show was lambasted among many things for its terrible Whedonesque dialogue. To the point several articles where made criticizing the apparent omnipresence of this type of dialogue.

Going "Oh these people don't matter they are irrelevant" is an absolutely terrible and childish way to handle criticisms of something. Just because you don't care about it doesn't mean other people don't and that their opinions are worth less than your's.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I dont disagree that if we never have another Trigon story, my feelings wont be hurt, but I would like to see the old goat go out on a high note (but then that sets him up to be used again because he was such a big bad....so maybe it's better.) The same can be said I feel for Brother Blood.
    The solution to monotonous repetitive storytelling is not recycling the same stories only better. It’s changing up the wheel as it were. I think they are trying to do that on some level, but if they are successful or not who knows.

I do think his appearance at the start of the year brought up real issues that will come to a head for Raven mainly in terms of the trust word that keeps hanging over her head.

Last edited by jmc247; 12-29-2023 at 04:55 AM.

Taylor confirms he was using the New 52 Starfire origin, which is weird.

I wonder if it was his idea to pick that origin or it was editorial's.

Quote Originally Posted by Reddead View Post

Oh, i also thought it was his idea.
    I didn't even know that Kory parents died in the New 52, cause i didn't waste my time with RHaTO.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

There are some differences with the New 52 origins stories and classic yes. The New 52 stuff editoral had their hands on updating.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    There are some differences with the New 52 origins stories and classic yes. The New 52 stuff editoral had their hands on updating.
    That's something interesting to consider:

* Cyborg has his N52 origin (but he left the JL and joined the Titans)
    * Starfire has her New 52 origin
    * Donna Troy has her first origin
    * I don't think Beast Boy even had a New 52 origin to begin with? But Galtry and Mento are shown in his Tales of the Titans issue so I assume it's just the original one.

The lingering question is Raven, I suppose, but I don't think DC is interested in a version of Raven that starts out as evil.
    Last edited by Reddead; 12-29-2023 at 03:46 PM.

I don't know why he would but I guess he felt like he could spin something out of it.

The lingering question is Raven, I suppose, but I don't think DC is interested in a version of Raven that starts out as evil.
    New 52 Raven was raised on Azarath and then fled to Earth.

Trigon made a deal with the Phantom Stranger to capture her and he trains her and she becomes a queen of part of his Empire. She then becomes part of a complicated game between Trigon and the Titians to get on the team while protecting Earth because he ceded the world to her.

There are some other differences namely they deleted the sexual violence stuff from Trigon and Arella’s relationship and also had her knowing his true form from the start.
    Last edited by jmc247; 12-29-2023 at 05:55 PM.

Incredible Member

Isn't Starfire's father Myand'r alive? I remember he appeared in Superman Vol 5 #2 back in 2018. Blackfire (Komand'r) and Ryand'r are also alive. Luand'r (Starfire's mother) is the only one who is deceased.

Extraordinary Member

The man always has receipts. People wanna blame him for developments that existed for over 10 years .

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

So she goes from 3 origins to 2 or well...2.5

They even retained her skimpy freedom outfit .

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    The man always has receipts. People wanna blame him for developments that existed for over 10 years .
    I imagine that there are lots of people who'd prefer if her New 52 stories were retconned out of existence. But I guess complaining about 40 years old continuity gets even weirder in that case.