Page 19 of 187 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast

I imagine this will be like Taylor's Nightwing so I don't expect the team to have much to angst about or too much drama. It sounds like the biggest issue will be Gar's trauma from Dark Crisis.

Also, again, there are only two former sidekicks on this roster .

I kind of wonder who Taylor would set up as a Titans East.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

With a new series starting, are there any of the older villains you would like to see resurface...dusted off and updated? I liked Grayson's idea Tartarus, a group consisting of Lady Vic, Siren, Red Panzer, Grodd, Cheshire and Vandall Savage. While I wouldn't necessarily use those characters, it's possible to pull in some others like maybe Goth, maybe Trident? I also thought Harvest had an incredible visual and some great potential that fell very flat. Even though he's not this generations antagonist, he is someone who could be updated.

Villains I do NOT want to see anytime soon are Trigon or Deathstroke.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I imagine this will be like Taylor's Nightwing so I don't expect the team to have much to angst about or too much drama. It sounds like the biggest issue will be Gar's trauma from Dark Crisis.

Also, again, there are only two former sidekicks on this roster .

I kind of wonder who Taylor would set up as a Titans East.
    A few spin-offs that did well were West Coast Avengers, JLE and Excalibur.

One option would be to take Roy and make him the leader of the other team ala WCA.
    Another option would be to take Cyborg and Beast Boy (and maybe Raven if they're still an item) and have them form a secondary team ala JLE and Excalibur.

As much as Bumblebee has been used in Super Hero Girls and Teen Titans cartoons, I wouldn't be surprised to see her added to either the main team or its spin-off title.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

They could use a Titans East\West to explore the Young Justice crowd.

And Roy being the leader of a spin-off team would be cool.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Now that I think about it, I could actually see Taylor using other Titans or teen heroes. His books tend to have plenty of guest stars.

Well Hopefully we'll get the Titans back on track like they were in the 80's N 90'S i personlly would like to see more than just the 80's version.maybe we can get

New Titans L.A. my team picks would be as follow

Bumblebee
    Omen
    Dolphin
    Magenta
    Herald
    Tempest
    Redstar
    Golden Eagle

And

Titans Task Force

Ravager
    Mirage
    Power Girl=Tanya
    Solstice
    Arsenal
    Jericho
    Zatara
    Offspring

Titans New York

Wonder Girl=Cassie
    Teen Lantern
    Empress
    Speedy
    Bombshell
    Ms Martain
    Superboy
    Red Robin
    Kid Flash
    Aqualad
    Static
    Blue Beetle
    Bunker
    Risk
    Joto

will work as the young version of the Satellite years JLA.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Here is what Taylor had to say about this:

"Is that going to be part of the series? That they’re graduating from being the sidekicks to being the front line heroes?

Taylor: No, it’s really not! It’s weird because I read so much Titans in the lead up to this, and everybody's different versions — from Wolfman and Perez, to Geoff Johns, to Judd Winnick’s, to Devin Grayson’s, and so often there's that there's that feeling of, 'Oh, we’re the sidekicks stepping up!' For once, I didn't want that. I wanted them to go, 'Yeah, it's our time.' Particularly for people like Nightwing. I mean, Beast Boy would think that anyway, but I wanted them to go, 'It’s our time. We’re not the sidekicks.' There’s no imposter syndrome.

In the end of Nightwing #100, he basically says, 'It's not time for the Justice League. It's time for the Titans,' and that's certainly how we feel going into this book. So it's not sidekicks and 'Are we good enough?' Yeah, they’re good enough."

https://www.thepopverse.com/dawn-of-...-interview-dcu
    That’s good to hear.

I’m glad he’s aware that that is a typical Titans trope that’s been done to death.

Incredible Member

If a team needs a superman than I hope something other than a Kryptonian is chosen. Heck just boost Starfire strength. She comes from a race of fighters who also are powered by the sun. Why must a Kryptonian be the perfect end to all race?

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    Well Hopefully we'll get the Titans back on track like they were in the 80's N 90'S i personlly would like to see more than just the 80's version.maybe we can get

Bumblebee
    Omen
    Dolphin
    Magenta
    Herald
    Tempest
    Redstar
    Golden Eagle

And

Titans Task Force

Ravager
    Mirage
    Power Girl=Tanya
    Solstice
    Arsenal
    Jericho
    Zatara
    Offspring

Titans New York

Wonder Girl=Cassie
    Teen Lantern
    Empress
    Speedy
    Bombshell
    Ms Martain
    Superboy
    Red Robin
    Kid Flash
    Aqualad
    Static
    Blue Beetle
    Bunker
    Risk
    Joto

Which Kid Flash? Do you mean the current one, Ace? Or Impulse, who's a better match to that group?

Also, Jackson's codename is Aquaman now, not Aqualad, and Tanya going forward is probably Powerhouse, the name she had in Future State, rather than Power Girl.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post

Bumblebee
    Omen
    Dolphin
    Magenta
    Herald
    Tempest
    Redstar
    Golden Eagle

And

Titans Task Force

Ravager
    Mirage
    Power Girl=Tanya
    Solstice
    Arsenal
    Jericho
    Zatara
    Offspring

Titans New York

Wonder Girl=Cassie
    Teen Lantern
    Empress
    Speedy
    Bombshell
    Ms Martain
    Superboy
    Red Robin
    Kid Flash
    Aqualad
    Static
    Blue Beetle
    Bunker
    Risk
    Joto

I add more 2 groups:
    TITANS METRÓPOLIS
    With the Jurgens Titans
    TITANS GOTHAM
    With Damian Titans

It have vibes from X-Men with multiples teams.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    If a team needs a superman than I hope something other than a Kryptonian is chosen. Heck just boost Starfire strength. She comes from a race of fighters who also are powered by the sun. Why must a Kryptonian be the perfect end to all race?
    I'm reminded that Bendis' Superman run created some weird illuminati group comprised of alien species like Krptonians and Tamarenians working together

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Even though I dont mind a Super being on the team....you dont need a Kryptonian to win the war. Earth survived long enough with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I'm reminded that Bendis' Superman run created some weird illuminati group comprised of alien species like Krptonians and Tamarenians working together
    The United Planets? They had a bunch of uninspired characters, i only remember Prince Zerep cause he was a Tamaranian and his name is Perez backwards.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    The United Planets? They had a bunch of uninspired characters, i only remember Prince Zerep cause he was a Tamaranian and his name is Perez backwards.
    Not just the United Planets, his run started revealing that Superman's father Jor-El was apart of some ancient intergalactic Illuminati organization called the Circle which included a Tamaranian king or ruler as apart of its membership

And yeah the UP characters are uninspired, Prince Zerep is basically a gender-inverted version of Starfire right down to having the comical vocal tics associated with the character

Also included the Daxamites for some reason despite how infamously isolationist they are

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I think the Circle is closer to the Bendis version of the Galactic Council (made up of J'son/Kree Supreme Intelligence/Asgardian All-Mother/Brood Queen/Gladiator/Annhilus) that showed up in his run of GOTG.