Page 7 of 187 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    It's rather sad that the Titans have gotten the best build up they have had in ages...their appearanes in B/S World's Finest, Dark Crisis...they are supposedly the next Justice League, taking their place on the podium...but DC has such little faith in them as a concept that there's not even a book on the horizon. If DC truly believed the Titans to be taking the place of the Justice League, I would have thought the best place to start their book would have been off the hype of the end of Dark Crisis.
    They are 100% getting a book. I just don't know why they haven't announced yet. Nightwing 100 is building into Batman asking them to take the Justice League place. Hopefully we get the announcement next week with the release of NW 100 and the solicits dropping Friday.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    They are 100% getting a book. I just don't know why they haven't announced yet. Nightwing 100 is building into Batman asking them to take the Justice League place. Hopefully we get the announcement next week with the release of NW 100 and the solicits dropping Friday.
    Is that something you know for a fact and have information on or is that your assumption based on the direction things seem to be pointing in?

Is that something you know for a fact and have information on or is that your assumption based on the direction things seem to be pointing in?
    Based on what DC is doing. We don't have all the books from the Dawn of DC announced yet and they were in the promotion.

Why would DC spent all this time and effort for them not to have a book?

Doom Patrol didn't had any of this and will have one. Do you think they have more faith on Doom Patrol than the Titans that they are positioning to be in front of their stories?

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Even Terra? And her very dated look?
    The costume would still work fine, but yeah, her hairstyle is definitely of it's time. It dated pretty fast - they updated it when Team Titans launched.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Based on what DC is doing. We don't have all the books from the Dawn of DC announced yet and they were in the promotion.

Why would DC spent all this time and effort for them not to have a book?

Doom Patrol didn't had any of this and will have one. Do you think they have more faith on Doom Patrol than the Titans that they are positioning to be in front of their stories?
    If DC had faith in the book, it would have been announced before Doom Patrol, it should have been with them "positioning" the team to take the place of the Justice League. Had they been forming a new Justice League book out of Dark Crisis, it would have launched the next week. Why are we waiting five months (at the least) after the Dark Crisis ended? If they are giving them another book, this is just another case of DC fumbling the touchdown. Maybe they are giving them a book, maybe they are having to wait for the creative team to free up from previous engagements. Who knows. It's just all poor planning on DC's part.
    Maybe Mark Waid is going to write the book, at this point, he's the only really acceptable writer for me.

If DC had faith in the book, it would have been announced before Doom Patrol, it should have been with them "positioning" the team to take the place of the Justice League. Had they been forming a new Justice League book out of Dark Crisis, it would have launched the next week. Why are we waiting five months (at the least) after the Dark Crisis ended? If they are giving them another book, this is just another case of DC fumbling the touchdown. Maybe they are giving them a book, maybe they are having to wait for the creative team to free up from previous engagements. Who knows. It's just all poor planning on DC's part.
    Maybe Mark Waid is going to write the book, at this point, he's the only really acceptable writer for me.
    They don't have faith in a Titans book, but somehow are publishing one right now? We don't have a Justice League book either, it has nothing to do with faith in the product.

I don't know why they didn't announced, no clue, but doesn't make sense for them to do all this and not give them a book. Looks like the progression of the Titans is tied to the Nightwing book, so it might have something to do with Tom Taylor's schedule.

We shall see what is going to happen.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

The show totally ruined this entire storyline and watered it down to the max degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    I wonder if Lazarus Planet: Legends Reborn is going to call back to this story. Solicitations mentions a trio of siblings for Raven and it's all about "exploring corners of the planet newly awakened and primed to restore some heroes and villains long forgotten".
    Quote Originally Posted by Reddead View Post
    One of the previews called them "resurrected siblings", implying they are not new characters, so probably.

There was the group of siblings, Sons of Trigon that they introduced in prior volumes.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Yeah this is probably the most sure thing in comics right now.

I think not releasing it right after the Dark Crisis is kinda smart because the event was so damn dull and forgettable. It allows readers to forget the actual story beats but keep the overall theme of the Titans supposed importance going forward.

Taylor is more than likely the Titans writer and he can do some build up in his critically loved Nightwing book.

But they better not delay it too long. Really hoping it’s announced for July. Pushing it to fall or winter would be stupid. Announcing it right after Nightwing 100 would be great.
    Last edited by Robotman; 01-14-2023 at 04:07 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Yeah this is probably the most sure thing in comics right now.

I think not releasing it right after the Dark Crisis is kinda smart because the event was so damn dull and forgettable. It allows readers to forget the actual story beats but keep the overall theme of the Titans supposed importance going forward.

Taylor is more than likely the Titans writer and he can do some build up in his critically loved Nightwing book.

But they better not delay it too long. Really hoping it’s announced for July. Pushing it to fall or winter would be stupid. Announcing it right after Nightwing 100 would be great.
    I'm not even sure Dark Crisis had a theme, everything that happened during that event was forced and all payoffs felt unearned. Even the Titans 'big moment' was off.

The announcement for a Titans book has already been delayed too long. A July announcement would feel too late.

I'm not even sure Taylor's Nightwing is good/ critically acclaimed or gets a free pass from fans because of what came before it.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I'm not even sure Dark Crisis had a theme, everything that happened during that event was forced and all payoffs felt unearned. Even the Titans 'big moment' was off.

The announcement for a Titans book has already been delayed too long. A July announcement would feel too late.

I'm not even sure Taylor's Nightwing is good/ critically acclaimed or gets a free pass from fans because of what came before it.
    Why you anyone give him a pass for almost two years? And it's not like the book don't have its critics.

I'm just thinking to myself how weak the villains in a Taylor Titans run would be.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm just thinking to myself how weak the villains in a Taylor Titans run would be.
    Taylor is a weird writer for me. Nothing he writes is outstanding or good, but its definitely not bad. Its okay reading and entertainment, but it doesn't stand out. Everything comes across as low stakes even when Taylor presents the situation as high stakes.

I've said for a while that a low stakes Titans run might be what the franchise needs,but DC wants them to step up and replace the Justice League. I don't see Taylor's usual way of writing meshing well with the direction DC has in mind for the franchise.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Interesting to see Wolfman and Perez planting seeds for the Dick/Kory 'ship to possibly end. They sure seem pretty incompatible here.