Page 337 of 358 FirstFirst ... 237287327333334335336337338339340341347 ... LastLast
Results 5,041 to 5,055 of 5357
    Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Jean vs. Cassandra in XMR was one of the worst things about that book tbh. Care Bear Stare Jean in full effect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    I liked Jean outsmarting and tricking Cass when she rescued Rachel...and I love that Rachel punch the hell out of her too...but the climax? How do you have two mega-Psis clash and not have any type of amazing Astral Plane spectacle? The end result with reprogramming her with empathy I didn't mind(even if that is now moot), but I wanted much more than Jean feigning defeat

Guys, don't get me started on XMR, that ending really does leave a sour taste in my mouth. I'm all for love, but for the love of God Jean, she exploded a women's head in your face, and murdered a mutant child in the X-men's care, the time for empathy was over!

SIDE-NOTE:

I want to preface this by saying I trust Gillen's overall vision with Jean. That said, I find it interesting that the Jean Grey solo series has been contentious for some Jean fans, however without it, the optics of what's been going on with her in IMX isn't great. Her first appearance after the Gala is in chains, then delirious, then subservient, I'm sure this is all leading somewhere but back in August, I can't say what I've seen in Immortal so far is what I thought we might be getting regarding Jean. Again I'm not looking to change anyone's opinion but I do wonder what your thoughts are on how she's been used so far in Immortal?

The Red Dragon

Agreed on all fronts on Xmen Red. I was so hyped for an epic knock down drag out fight between Jean and Cassandra and we had the one of the lamest fights ever if you can even call it that. I want to see actionÂ…love makes everything better care bear stare was not it. My disappointment was immeasurable and it killed any enjoyment for re-reading that series knowing it leads to a big turd.

Jean will fuck you up if you cross the line. Killing others and enslaving her family should have had her seeing red. Instead it was so lame how she reacted.

Immortal and xmen forever I hope will lead to something good. Because otherwise she’s had no agency and im tired of issues about Jean being her confused, derlious, unsure of herself see majority of phoenix ressurection, Here comes tomorrow, her recent series etx. ItÂ’s time we moved pass that and she owns up to everything and has new points other than is she/isnt she phoenix and her love life. This coming from a Jean fan.
    Last edited by Tank; 12-07-2023 at 09:11 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Guys, don't get me started on XMR, that ending really does leave a sour taste in my mouth. I'm all for love, but for the love of God Jean, she exploded a women's head in your face, and murdered a mutant child in the X-men's care, the time for empathy was over!

SIDE-NOTE:

I want to preface this by saying I trust Gillen's overall vision with Jean. That said, I find it interesting that the Jean Grey solo series has been contentious for some Jean fans, however without it, the optics of what's been going on with her in IMX isn't great. Her first appearance after the Gala is in chains, then delirious, then subservient, I'm sure this is all leading somewhere but back in August, I can't say what I've seen in Immortal so far is what I thought we might be getting regarding Jean. Again I'm not looking to change anyone's opinion but I do wonder what your thoughts are on how she's been used so far in Immortal?
    She is the same in Immortal as in Phoenix Resurrection. You can tell the drawing is her, but that's about it. She doesn't really appear in the story. Granted, this business in Immortal is what, one issue in? Gillen is a cerebral guy, and his taste is different from the average dude assigned to important X-Men issues (Jean tends to not fare well under those), so I will wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    It's beautiful, Keno. Thanks for sharing.
    Thanks GS and Grey for showing such appreciation

At this point we got canonical confirmation that Jean Grey while accessing the white hot room is able to

(1) rewrite history and reality.

(2) grant her Phoenix Powers to other Phoenix users like Hope.

and that

(3) Phoenix and Jean are one.

I cannot be more happy about this development. It is nothing per se "new" but it is now canonical confirmed what was alluded to in previous storylines like AvX or Here Comes Tomorrow.
    Last edited by Exodus; 12-08-2023 at 03:05 AM.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Keno View Post
    Thanks GS and Grey for showing such appreciation :)
    No problem. It's heartwarming to see our girl inspires so many people and that, sometimes, it shows in their art. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    No problem. It's heartwarming to see our girl inspires so many people and that, sometimes, it shows in their art.
    Yes Jean has become my second favorite character.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jean got name dropped in a non-Xmen book today

spoilers:
    Avengers 8. The Avengers face Nightmare. He demands respect from them and Sam goes "Respect?"
    Nightmare then responds: "I have been wronged! By that mutant Jean Grey!"
    end of spoilers

It was a quick mention but it was so cool to see her feat recognized across the Marvel Universe in an unexpected place. Now if anything goes down again they know a certain red head to call in

Polaris is and she looks killer doing so

Thanks for sharing the mention in avengers! Small mentions like this make the universe seem much more cohesive, believable, and enjoyable to me,

There was some comic during bendis tenure where iron man summoned teen jean to do some work for them. I can’t remember what it was or what book it was now. Butthe respect to utilize a teenage jean grey, even for such a small role, was really cool to see.

I’ve always found it interesting that the marvel office seems to give xmen the “rights”
    To the psionic domain… almost like a form of respect. Sure avengers may have had some people in their ranks with similar powers on a limited scale, but full telepathy seems to be an xmen/mutant property. I dig the respect.
    Last edited by Grey; 12-08-2023 at 09:19 AM.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Thanks for sharing the mention in avengers! Small mentions like this make the universe seem much more cohesive, believable, and enjoyable to me,

There was some comic during bendis tenure where iron man summoned teen jean to do some work for them. I can’t remember what it was or what book it was now. Butthe respect to utilize a teenage jean grey, even for such a small role, was really cool to see.

I’ve always found it interesting that the marvel office seems to give xmen the “rights”
    To the psionic domain… almost like a form of respect. Sure avengers may have had some people in their ranks with similar powers on a limited scale, but full telepathy seems to be an xmen/mutant property. I dig the respect.
    I know she was used in Civil War II so maybe that could be what you are referring to?

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Keno View Post
    Yes Jean has become my second favorite character. :)
    It shows. :)

Don't ask me why, though, I can put my finger on it. Sorry.

I hope she continues to inspire you. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post

I agree, so many mutants having psionic powers also adds credibility to the social tension between mutants and humans in a legitimate way. You would rightfully be scared if your neighbor had the ability to control your mind.

Anyone know when we are next seeing some Jean action…….. I’m missing her!

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    Anyone know when we are next seeing some Jean action…….. I’m missing her!
    She's in Immortal for the forseeable future followed by Xmen Forever

ETA:

Not really a spoiler but from Dark X-men, its good to see Maddie finally admit that Jean wasnt some monster in Inferno. I do like wher ethey are at now. later in teh issue, she also says that Jean was born to lead so she respects her in a way now that she never was allowed to before
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Havok83; 12-13-2023 at 10:54 AM.

BANNED

There is no more Immortal.