Page 83 of 358 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793133183 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 5357

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Its a figure of speech
    That lol.

10char
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    Dark Phoenix by Mark Brooks. I'm guessing it's a commission.
    https://twitter.com/MarkBrooksArt/st...477249/photo/1

I love the powerful buid, golden colors and details to the Phoenix symbols, especially on the sash, not to mention the sash itself.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

BANNED

Oh, I'm just lovin' the sash and the Phoenix hip emblem. I wonder where Carol Danvers got the idea

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Oh, I'm just lovin' the sash and the Phoenix hip emblem. I wonder where Carol Danvers got the idea
    Carol's entire costume with the red sash seemed to be a take on the Phoenix costume, only Jean's Phoenix costume is better!

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Sometimes I'm wondering if I'm deep down a Dark Phoenix and not a Jean Grey fan. ;-) lol I really do love this costume. Her eyes are so amazing here!!

The blackened dark eyes in the Brooks piece is unusual. I wonder if it's just a layer of the work in progress. Reminds me of Dark Phoenix Famke from THE LAST STAND.

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    The blackened dark eyes in the Brooks piece is unusual. I wonder if it's just a layer of the work in progress. Reminds me of Dark Phoenix Famke from THE LAST STAND.
    I was wondering that too, my friend. Perhaps the artist sees DP with dark eyes and Jean Phoenix with Green.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Reminds me of Willow in Buffy

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Reminds me of Willow in Buffy
    Which Joss based Dark Willow on lol. It even got referenced on an episode.

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

MARXIST QUEEN strikes AGAIN:

FsXz-daX0AEOT4B.jpg

Jean Grey: "The X-Men don't do Capitalism"!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    MARXIST QUEEN strikes AGAIN:

FsXz-daX0AEOT4B.jpg

Jean Grey: "The X-Men don't do Capitalism"!!!!

Nobody is perfect, I still love her anyway. lol

Btw, I'd like to ask you guys what do you expect from Jean's portrayal in the MCU. Regarding her powers, we have the Scarlet Witch displaying TK and TP, which probably happened because they wanted to make her some type of Jean Grey, since they didn't have X-men's rights at the time. But now that they're unfolding Wanda's powers and displaying reality warping, do you think they will showcase Jean's power using a pink signature and similar to Wanda's in Age of Ultron?

We have a glimpse of what her telepathy may look like given Professor X's power display in Doctor Strange 2, I'm kinda worried about power levels and too many similarities to Wanda though. The only telekinetic I can remember right now is Ebony Maw in Infinity War and he set the bar high.

Quote Originally Posted by Psych1c View Post
    Nobody is perfect, I still love her anyway. lol

Btw, I'd like to ask you guys what do you expect from Jean's portrayal in the MCU. Regarding her powers, we have the Scarlet Witch displaying TK and TP, which probably happened because they wanted to make her some type of Jean Grey, since they didn't have X-men's rights at the time. But now that they're unfolding Wanda's powers and displaying reality warping, do you think they will showcase Jean's power using a pink signature and similar to Wanda's in Age of Ultron?

We have a glimpse of what her telepathy may look like given Professor X's power display in Doctor Strange 2, I'm kinda worried about power levels and too many similarities to Wanda though. The only telekinetic I can remember right now is Ebony Maw in Infinity War and he set the bar high.
    Normally, If Wanda wasn't basically a copy/paste of Jean with Magic, I'd say high level TP+TK with the eventual ascension to Phoenix and that drama.

Now? I have no idea. Not to say that their can't be more than one TP/TK in the MCU but it's clear to anyone with eyes and knows comics that what they did to Wanda is exactly how Jean should've been done power wise. The thing is now that Wanda has claimed the title of "red haired chick with Thanos busting TK and TP", I'm not exactly sure how how they could make Jean her own character.

One path I'd take to differentiate the two is to show off not only Jean's brute force but also her finesse. Have her do some of the stuff we've seen her do recently, scan/protect the minds of an entire city, have her atomize a group of fodder enemies. Show both the highs and the "lows" of her abilities.

Plus, the personality. To me that would be the biggest factor that would separate the two characters in the eyes of the audience. No one is ever calling Wanda the heart and soul of any team. Use Jeans empathy (which IIRC is part of the reason why her telepathy is so potent compared to others) and selflessness.

But long term, I think this is going to be bigger than just Jean and Wanda. The X-Men are oreo double stuffed with telepaths/TKs and all of them will need to stand out.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Normally, If Wanda wasn't basically a copy/paste of Jean with Magic, I'd say high level TP+TK with the eventual ascension to Phoenix and that drama.

Now? I have no idea. Not to say that their can't be more than one TP/TK in the MCU but it's clear to anyone with eyes and knows comics that what they did to Wanda is exactly how Jean should've been done power wise. The thing is now that Wanda has claimed the title of "red haired chick with Thanos busting TK and TP", I'm not exactly sure how how they could make Jean her own character.

One path I'd take to differentiate the two is to show off not only Jean's brute force but also her finesse. Have her do some of the stuff we've seen her do recently, scan/protect the minds of an entire city, have her atomize a group of fodder enemies. Show both the highs and the "lows" of her abilities.

Plus, the personality. To me that would be the biggest factor that would separate the two characters in the eyes of the audience. No one is ever calling Wanda the heart and soul of any team. Use Jeans empathy (which IIRC is part of the reason why her telepathy is so potent compared to others) and selflessness.

But long term, I think this is going to be bigger than just Jean and Wanda. The X-Men are oreo double stuffed with telepaths/TKs and all of them will need to stand out.
    I agree with the personality thing. No one wants Jean to be one-dimensional. Her fans love her temper and her contradictions. But, in my opinion, this needs to come with the empathy *and* the heroism she is also known for. Those things are not mutually exclusive, after all.

On top of that, I'd like the MCU to start using more character musical themes. Jean certainly deserves one. I'd instruct the composer to create a theme that is versatile, that you tweak it to be delicate, romantic, emotional, dark, threatening and terrifying. This is an operatic technique that works wonders and I believe fits the superhero genre perfectly.

If they did that for a cartoon, they can do it for a film.

No excuses, right?

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Cool character themes like this:

Now, those are examples of the concept. I don't think any of those themes fit Jean. I'm talking about the idea behind them, of marking the characters presence and their power activation with a song.
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 03-29-2023 at 07:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    I agree with the personality thing. No one wants Jean to be one-dimensional. Her fans love her temper and her contradictions. But, in my opinion, this needs to come with the empathy *and* the heroism she is also known for. Those things are not mutually exclusive, after all.

On top of that, I'd like the MCU to start using more character musical themes. Jean certainly deserves one. I'd instruct the composer to create a theme that is versatile, that you tweak it to be delicate, romantic, emotional, dark, threatening and terrifying. This is an operatic technique that works wonders and I believe fits the superhero genre perfectly.

If they did that for a cartoon, they can do it for a film.

No excuses, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Cool character themes like this:

Now, those are examples of the concept. I don't think any of those themes fit Jean. I'm talking about the idea behind them or marking the characters presence and their power activation with a song.
    Agreed 100% on the theme song. I liked the song they had for her on Evo when she kicked Mystique's butt. Very dark and dramatic though so it may not fit with every scene.

13:23. Also I love how if you really pay attention her hair is giving Phoenix silhouette.