Page 84 of 358 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134184 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 5357

We're so far removed from Wanda's first MCU appearances that it'll be easy to give Jean her standard powerset by the time she shows up in the MCU. Wanda at this point is clearly "RED MAGIC" not TP/TK.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Last one and I'll shut up.

They once composed a theme for another caring and badass female heroine. :)

Why not Jean?

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Agreed 100% on the theme song. I liked the song they had for her on Evo when she kicked Mystique's butt. Very dark and dramatic though so it may not fit with every scene.

13:23. Also I love how if you really pay attention her hair is giving Phoenix silhouette.
    Yes! They should go watch those cartoons. There are so many things that worked and that would make the fans go crazy if they would adapt them to the movies.

Time to think outside the MCU box. The sky is the limit. :)
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 03-29-2023 at 08:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    We're so far removed from Wanda's first MCU appearances that it'll be easy to give Jean her standard powerset by the time she shows up in the MCU. Wanda at this point is clearly "RED MAGIC" not TP/TK.
    This is also correct.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    MARXIST QUEEN strikes AGAIN:

Attachment 130553

Jean Grey: "The X-Men don't do Capitalism"!!!!
    I'm loving this vocal anti-capitalism stance they've given Jean lately, it makes sense for a post-scarcity society like Krakoa but I think it's also appropriate for Jean herself.

Jean just needs to be shown as the young woman we all know her to be: kind, compassionate, considerate and tough! Her power should be TP/TK, very powerful at all times, but with both the finesse Jean possesses and doing things that the others cannot do.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

BANNED

There's an 80% chance Hickman made another Phoenix Donut Steel for his Gods event

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    There's an 80% chance Hickman made another Phoenix Donut Steel for his Gods event
    I can’t believe what I am about to write but for the first time in regard this topic I feel completely numb,
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

overall x-men unforgiven was pretty good a solid 8 out of 10 for me. And i loved the philosophy jean got to have but as an omega level mutant even if it wasn't some feat of power or what not i was at least expecting to see by the last page the effectiveness of an omega level telepathy on a vampire mind being that there should be a way for her maybe it was just a personal setup or trap i set for myself given that i feel omega level telepath is the least explored of the known omega abilities I am also over the say but not do. "Can't read minds" but then "no holding back" but the babbling random stuff and the one moment that took me out of the story was how did jean go from babbling in rogue arm to acting like "not today" a page later. it took me a bit to get back in the story after that but overal very entertaining and good art.

one of my fave pages.

theemapthygoodthough.jpg
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Reminds me of Willow in Buffy
    I like the circular aspect of it. Willow's storyline was inspired by the Dark Phoenix Saga, and Phoenix's movie design was inspired by Willow's design.

by the way, Phoenix vs. Xavier at her childhood home is such an absolutely grogeous scene in a horrible movie...just perfection!
    Last edited by Exodus; 03-30-2023 at 02:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    I think they should also highlight Jean as a telepath and the astral plane as a concept. I think it is easy to reinterpret Jean's power signature in a way and make it look different from Wanda's energy effect. The animated show X-Men: Evolution should be the template in my eyes. She came across so powerful.

Personally, I would just give her the Phoenix flame/aura to separate her from Wanda without the storyline of the cosmic Phoenix Force....Make her Phoenix from the beginning and tell at one point the Phoenix Saga without the Dark Phoenix Saga.
    Last edited by Exodus; 03-30-2023 at 02:18 AM.

I think they should also highlight Jean as a telepath and the astral plane as a concept. I think it is easy to reinterpret Jean's power signature in a way and make it look different from Wanda's energy effect. The animated show X-Men: Evolution should be the template in my eyes. She came across so powerful.

Personally, I would just give her the Phoenix flame/aura to separate her from Wanda without the storyline of the cosmic Phoenix Force....Make her Phoenix from the beginning and tell at one point the Phoenix Saga without the Dark Phoenix Saga.
    I have been saying this myself for so many years. This is the perfect solution.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    overall x-men unforgiven was pretty good a solid 8 out of 10 for me. And i loved the philosophy jean got to have but as an omega level mutant even if it wasn't some feat of power or what not i was at least expecting to see by the last page the effectiveness of an omega level telepathy on a vampire mind being that there should be a way for her maybe it was just a personal setup or trap i set for myself given that i feel omega level telepath is the least explored of the known omega abilities I am also over the say but not do. "Can't read minds" but then "no holding back" but the babbling random stuff and the one moment that took me out of the story was how did jean go from babbling in rogue arm to acting like "not today" a page later. it took me a bit to get back in the story after that but overal very entertaining and good art.

one of my fave pages.

theemapthygoodthough.jpg
    All telepaths no matter how powerful they are have those “embarrassing psychic moments”. That’s what I chalk it up to lol. But seriously I enjoyed the issue. I’m not that interested in vampires, but it was a fun little story.

MARXIST QUEEN strikes AGAIN:

Attachment 130553

Jean Grey: "The X-Men don't do Capitalism"!!!!
    Where is this from? I can’t read it, print is all,blurry when I try to enlarge it.

Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    Where is this from? I can’t read it, print is all,blurry when I try to enlarge it.
    X-Men Forgiven. It just came out this week.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    All telepaths no matter how powerful they are have those “embarrassing psychic moments”. That’s what I chalk it up to lol. But seriously I enjoyed the issue. I’m not that interested in vampires, but it was a fun little story.
    I enjoyed the issue as well an it wasn't so much the embarassing psychic momet than it is Jean is suppose to be an omega level telepath, even if it wasn't her i would like to see what that means. Maybe a moment of shock for he vampires as she goes "ahhh that's how it works." and finds out how to get into the mind of a vampire. Jean has had a lot of "Feats" but there has been no description on what her power means, how it is set apart from other telepaths. It has gotten no definition and it feels like there should have been by now so the book setting up the problem admittedly my brain went to hoping there was a solution.

But it's not a this book problem it's a in general problem.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/