Page 352 of 358 FirstFirst ... 252302342348349350351352353354355356 ... LastLast
Results 5,266 to 5,280 of 5357

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    Some tidbits without spoiling too much.

spoilers:
    Immortal X-Men #18 is great for the Jean/Phoenix mythos. Acknowledges the deep connection between Jean, Phoenix, and the White Hot Room in a way that adds to it and respects the Claremont and Morrison interpretations. Some fans may be a bit frustrated, because we will have to wait for Jean's awakening. But Gillen's understanding of Jean/Phoenix is so good, we should be confident that there will be a great payoff,imho.
    end of spoilers

Reading the issue I felt like I was reading Gillen’s Hope again. It’s basically the same kind of storytelling with very similar plot.

Merry Christmas Jean fans .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Merry Christmas Jean fans .
    Thank you, Frontier.

Merry Christmas to you too and Jean fans everywhere!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Braxxer View Post
    Reading the issue I felt like I was reading Gillen’s Hope again. It’s basically the same kind of storytelling with very similar plot.
    Have not read the issue, but I would not put it past….well, any writer to consciously or subconsciously finish the story they wanted to tell in the past, but couldn’t for one reason or another. It might be closure sort of deal, but regardless, it was very clear that where Gillen wanted to take Hope’s storyline back in 2012 was vastly different from the event that was AvX.

Happy Holidays to all Jean fans

BANNED

I kinda think it's Gillen's right/responsibility to nail down how Hope came to be.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Merry Christmas Jean fans :).
    Quote Originally Posted by Keno View Post
    Happy Holidays to all Jean fans :)
    Thanks, guys.

I hope everyone is celebrating with their loved ones and having a wonderful time.

I wish you a great 2024. See you there! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Thank you, Frontier.

Merry Christmas to you too and Jean fans everywhere!
    hey bro gonna be on the road soon but ur mail is full lol

Quote Originally Posted by GMikey View Post
    hey bro gonna be on the road soon but ur mail is full lol
    Sorry! I just cleared a spots for you.
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 12-26-2023 at 07:57 AM.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Sorry! I just cleared a spots for you.
    gr8 on the road now and having intermitten wifi. the msg i sent this morning is actually dated and i have more updated info but i just sent it still bc i am having connection issues for time being. see ya later!

Jean’s nonchalance in the first panel always struck me as telling, as if she knew more than she was letting on. She knew what was coming. She once asked Quire, “Why does [Phoenix] always whisper my name when I’m around?” Because one can't help but speak to oneself.

The way Gillen has been building up to this…🤌🏻
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Months ago, Kate said this to Sebastian Shaw with total conviction, a dash of prescience, and a soupçon of “I never lost faith in her.” And so, it will soon come to pass…

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

The Progenitor clocked it. Tony sensed it. And Logan knew it and kept her secret…

Scott’s always known, perhaps longer and more profoundly than most…

I'm definitely interested in X-men Forever and it is going to be a long wait - I wonder if we have to wait until then to see the direct follow up to tomorrow's issue. I hope Immortal X-men 18 will generate a lot of interesting discussion. I am excited for the issue to release.

I love that Gillen understands Jean and he has a good grasp on her history. They have had Jean on a trajectory of reckoning with her past -especially as the Phoenix is concerned and I hope we get a great payoff.

I want to see Jean help the X-men take on the Dominion or even Orchis. I'm excited for the Fall of X to enter the next phase. We've seen the mutants at their lowest and soon it will be time to watch them fight back in a big way. They never quite do what we expect or want them to but I do hope for something memorable and epic out of the current story.

I'm interested to see where they take Jean next. I wonder how long we'll have to wait to see her reunite with Scott, etc. Should be interesting!