Page 125 of 358 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135175225 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 5357

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    This was a great design! Too bad they changed it to yellow later...
    Not a fan of the Kubert designed Ultimate X-Gals standard uniform. It’s trying too hard to be sexy/edgy. Bare midriffs…arm (but with 2 layers of gloves?) AND the leg cutouts? Too much. Not even added the “Phoenix-y” touches of long boots/gloves really helped.
    The ultimate X-minidress (as modeled by Kitty) would be a step up.
    5EDE7E0A-54C4-4BF6-8A07-7CF140FA332F.jpg

I much prefer the Krakoan reinterpretation of what Ultimate Jean might wear by Kevin Kimbelstits
    A4233EB3-5586-4749-BCF2-AA45D09B9F0F.jpg
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

BANNED

Now, I don't want to make a big deal out of this but considering this is Jean Grey we're talking about...

Is it just me or did Jean just punk-check Scott? Another note... Shouldn't Jean be capable of suppressing any mutant's power like that or should I just attribute said power stunt to something she's always been capable of (in reference to Scott's powers) courtesy of that special telepathic bond the two share that no one talks about anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Now, I don't want to make a big deal out of this but considering this is Jean Grey we're talking about...

Is it just me or did Jean just punk-check Scott? Another note... Shouldn't Jean be capable of suppressing any mutant's power like that or should I just attribute said power stunt to something she's always been capable of (in reference to Scott's powers) courtesy of that special telepathic bond the two share that no one talks about anymore?
    Jean can Telekinetically hold back Scott's and anyone's powers.

Jean could also Telepathically turn off Scott's or anyone else's powers, but prolly easier and quicker to just hold them back like here.

While Jean has done this before to Scott through the years, it is still a very powerful showing. I love it!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Fantastic Member

Jean has shown to suppressed mutant's access to their own powers (other than Scott's). She can also remove limiters of mutant powers as well. She can also use/control other mutant powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Not a fan of the Kubert designed Ultimate X-Gals standard uniform. It’s trying too hard to be sexy/edgy. Bare midriffs…arm (but with 2 layers of gloves?) AND the leg cutouts? Too much. Not even added the “Phoenix-y” touches of long boots/gloves really helped.
    The ultimate X-minidress (as modeled by Kitty) would be a step up.
    5EDE7E0A-54C4-4BF6-8A07-7CF140FA332F.jpg

I much prefer the Krakoan reinterpretation of what Ultimate Jean might wear by Kevin Kimbelstits
    A4233EB3-5586-4749-BCF2-AA45D09B9F0F.jpg
    I think that was the point. This wasnt 616 Jean. She was supposed to be sexier and more edgy. Putting her in a minidress would be a direct callback to Marvel Girl and the Ultimate universe was going for different interpretations of these characters, not just variations of what came before

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post

Jean could also Telepathically turn off Scott's or anyone else's powers, but prolly easier and quicker to just hold them back like here.

While Jean has done this before to Scott through the years, it is still a very powerful showing. I love it!
    No, I think it would be easier for her to TP shut down his powers. There is alot of force and energy expelled with her using her TK to hold him back. Remember back int he day it was an incredible feat that she could only do as Phoenix. She doesnt use her TP here bc she dindt want to take away his agency. She wanted him of full mind when he answered her. What stands out here is how she did this with ease, didnt struggle and of course didnt need the PF
    Last edited by Havok83; 04-28-2023 at 10:46 AM.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post

I also enjoy it and it's obviously iconic... but I'm not entirely sure how it works in practice LOL. Did Jean create a TK shield just over Scott's eyes? Otherwise he would still fire his optic blasts everywhere I assume.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I also enjoy it and it's obviously iconic... but I'm not entirely sure how it works in practice LOL. Did Jean create a TK shield just over Scott's eyes? Otherwise he would still fire his optic blasts everywhere I assume.
    Jean says that she is holding back his blasts, and it looks like it could be at the point just prior to leaving the eyeballs.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post

I forgot she did it quite a few times without the PF. I think the second image displays best how it actually works

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

I forgot she did it quite a few times without the PF. I think the second image displays best how it actually works
    That is what I said in my earlier post above---that Jean had did it to cyclops a few times before this current time.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

There was also last year's Hellfire Gala issue.

BANNED

This frame is why I questioned if Jean could do that to any mutant, mutate, or alien, so contemptuously as she did with Scott's mutant abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    There was also last year's Hellfire Gala issue.
    Umm... What about last year's Hellfire X-Fashion issue?

Fantastic Member

Does Jean and Scott still have the lame psychic link/rapport going on? I thought that went away when they died and never really re-established it, since Jean is already portrayed as a Omega - she doesn't need no psychic rapport to control Scott's powers.

Coz before, they reference this psychic rapport like all....the....time.....but there was no mention of it anymore when they were resurrected

BANNED

I think writers, with hindsight, have realized there are more mature and less toxic ways to show that two characters know each other. It kinda goes without saying now that never having a separate private thought is not a romantic situation lol.

They've actually been fairly restrained with some of the Jott stuff since they have been in the same book. I still prefer there to be literally none of it, but Duggan is a lot less obnoxious with the pair than I could have anticipated.

This frame is why I questioned if Jean could do that to any mutant, mutate, or alien, so contemptuously as she did with Scott's mutant abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by mike7171 View Post
    Does Jean and Scott still have the lame psychic link/rapport going on? I thought that went away when they died and never really re-established it, since Jean is already portrayed as a Omega - she doesn't need no psychic rapport to control Scott's powers.

Coz before, they reference this psychic rapport like all....the....time.....but there was no mention of it anymore when they were resurrected

I dont believe the rapport has been specifically referenced since her return but in Dark Web, Scott called out to jean and she heard him. This was when she was under Maddie's spell and Scott psychically reaching out to her snapped her out of it. With this in mind, on some level they do appear to have some link. This wouldnt have worked otherwise bc Jean wasnt checking for him as she wasnt in her right mind
    Last edited by Havok83; 04-29-2023 at 06:26 PM.

The Red Dragon

No Jean doesn’t necessarily need the rapport to suppress a mutant from using their powers.

Off the top of my head to prevented Thunderbird III from using his powers and most recently prevented Stryfe from using his.

Since Scott can’t choose to turn off his powers, she uses the telekinetic route to basically contain his powers.

With Thunderbird III and Strfye she prevented them from accessing their powers telepathically.