Page 167 of 358 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167168169170171177217267 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,505 of 5357
    BANNED

I hate that they let go of that "finding all her pieces" bit. Wondering if/when that would mean something was one of the few cool parts about waiting for her to return.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    Seeing Jean ressurect herself as Phoenix would be nice to see…and not take her 30 years to find all of her pieces of herself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I hate that they let go of that "finding all her pieces" bit. Wondering if/when that would mean something was one of the few cool parts about waiting for her to return.

I'm laughing but I hate those white and blue uniforms...
    Last edited by Micabe; 06-07-2023 at 04:47 PM.

How do you know they've "let go of that"? How do you know that's not what will be addressed in the upcoming solo?
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    How do you know they've "let go of that"? How do you know that's not what will be addressed in the upcoming solo?
    It would be a bit incongruent and random at this point considering she is back without any reference to such matters for literal years, but sure. I'd be down for it. They should make White Phoenix of the Crown canon again while they are at it

Astonishing Member

It always reminded me of something from the Crossgen Sigilverse. In that universe there was this character who ascended to cosmic godhood, Solusandra.....and she went around empowering the heroes of that universe, the protagonists of the various solo series, by giving them a superpower and marking them with her sigil. Then in the penultimate ramp up to the final battle of that universe before the company went bankrupt, she went around to the various solo comics and took back her sigil and reclaimed all the pieces of her power before facing off against the big bad herself.

The Jean collecting all her pieces thing always made me picture something along those lines.....the idea that at some point in the timeline, a version/form of Jean went throughout time and space and deliberately picked people to be Phoenix hosts, bestowing a fraction of her power on them or making them a temporary vessel for the Phoenix. And to become whole again, she had to later reach throughout time and space and 'recall' those pieces of her power/the Phoenix to herself.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

As for Mutant First Strike, I loved these moments:

And the way she turned the “Watchdogs” from an angry, determined mob with guns to a placid and confused group “chasing their tails” with nothing but atomized particles for weapons.

When did Jean and the X-Men become the Legion of Captain Americas?
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    When did Jean and the X-Men become the Legion of Captain Americas?
    This is their Disaster Relief Uniforms of Krakoa - the Mutant Red Cross, or Red X, if you will. A bit on the nose, visually but...
    Last edited by Thirteen; 06-08-2023 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Corrected spelling of KRAKOA
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    This is their Disaster Relief Uniforms of Krakow - the Mutant Red Cross, or Red X, if you will. A bit on the nose, visually but...
    Okay, that’s pretty cool. Didn’t realize that’s what the artist was going for with those jackets.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

It would be a bit incongruent and random at this point considering she is back without any reference to such matters for literal years, but sure. I'd be down for it. They should make White Phoenix of the Crown canon again while they are at it
    It wouldn’t be at all incongruent. Plot points and characteristics that haven’t been referenced in years get mentioned and refocused on all the time. For example, Ororo’s magical affinity and capabilities. Also, the Pak’s Phoenix Endsong and the White Phoenix of the Crown in general were never retconned.m; they are still canon. (Are we going to rehash the same debate?)

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    It always reminded me of something from the Crossgen Sigilverse. In that universe there was this character who ascended to cosmic godhood, Solusandra.....and she went around empowering the heroes of that universe, the protagonists of the various solo series, by giving them a superpower and marking them with her sigil. Then in the penultimate ramp up to the final battle of that universe before the company went bankrupt, she went around to the various solo comics and took back her sigil and reclaimed all the pieces of her power before facing off against the big bad herself.

The Jean collecting all her pieces thing always made me picture something along those lines.....the idea that at some point in the timeline, a version/form of Jean went throughout time and space and deliberately picked people to be Phoenix hosts, bestowing a fraction of her power on them or making them a temporary vessel for the Phoenix. And to become whole again, she had to later reach throughout time and space and 'recall' those pieces of her power/the Phoenix to herself.
    What a brilliant reference, Bobby! I wasn’t aware of this story, but I’ll be sure to check it out. This is exactly what I’ve been saying Jean has been doing all along.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

BANNED

It wouldn’t be at all incongruent. Plot points and characteristics that haven’t been referenced in years get mentioned and refocused on all the time. For example, Ororo’s magical affinity and capabilities. Also, the Pak’s Phoenix Endsong and the White Phoenix of the Crown in general were never retconned.m; they are still canon. (Are we going to rehash the same debate?)

What a brilliant reference, Bobby! I wasn’t aware of this story, but I’ll be sure to check it out. This is exactly what I’ve been saying Jean has been doing all along.
    Storm's ability to use magic is unrelated to the state of her existence in the universe. Jean pulling her pieces together/White Phoenix of the Crown was a status quo... until it randomly wasn't and she was just dead.

Saying she was off collecting pieces of the Phoenix or herself or whatever would not remotely match with Phoenix Resurrection. That said, I don't at all care that it would be incongruent, and writers should take any and every opportunity to dump on Phoenix Resurrection with gusto.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Orlando's Jean was cool. I really like what I saw, and wouldn't mind seeing him write more of Jean in the future.

Storm's ability to use magic is unrelated to the state of her existence in the universe.
    Ororo's magical abilities are most certainly related "to the state of her existence" and to her history and character as a whole. And by your standards of assessment, up until recently, her magical abilities weren't canon, which, frankly, is a ridiculous way to look at and assess these characters and their histories. As I've said before, facets of a character that have not been referenced recently—or retconned, for that matter—simply constitute potentials and possibilities, not contradictions and impossibilities.

Jean pulling her pieces together/White Phoenix of the Crown was a status quo... until it randomly wasn't and she was just dead.

Saying she was off collecting pieces of the Phoenix or herself or whatever would not remotely match with Phoenix Resurrection. That said, I don't at all care that it would be incongruent, and writers should take any and every opportunity to dump on Phoenix Resurrection with gusto.
    That's your interpretation of Phoenix Resurrection, which actually depicted Jean's various parts, including White Phoenix.

BANNED

No, Storm's state of existence, of being present and alive, her status quo, isn't rooted in her ability to do magic at all. Jean was literally transformed into some kind of higher level of Phoenix doing things in a different plane of reality...until it was revealed that she was actually just dead. That's not interpretation; it's what is actually in the story.

Yes, the artist showed a picture of Jean in the White Phoenix costume (to **** on it, mind you). Besides that, what did the story say about White Phoenix? Nothing. It controverted the White Phoenix, and said she was dead lol. How is the Phoenix looking to resurrect Jean against her will if she is merged with the Phoenix having become White Phoenix of the Crown? It's because WPotC doesn't count and Jean was dead.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 06-08-2023 at 07:45 AM.

Jean was literally transformed into some kind of higher level of Phoenix doing things in a different plane of reality...until it was revealed that she was actually just dead. That's not interpretation; it's what is actually in the story.
    Jean became White Phoenix after her death on the Moon, and then was revealed to be in a cocoon, then became White Phoenix again in Here Comes Tomorrow, and was revealed to be dead in Phoenix Endsong, and then became White Phoenix again. So, really, flip-flopping from dead to White Phoenix is nothing new. Besides, Jean being depicted as dead and ascending and becoming the White Phoenix of the Crown are not mutually exclusive.

Yes, the artist showed a picture of Jean in the White Phoenix costume (to **** on it, mind you).
    You let your slip show. Frankly, this kind of thinking is why I tend and will continue to counter your fallacious claims. You're being illogical, and this statement is not based on anything factual.

Besides that, what did the story say about White Phoenix? Nothing. It controverted the White Phoenix, and said she was dead lol. How is the Phoenix looking to resurrect Jean against her will if she is merged with the Phoenix having become White Phoenix of the Crown? It's because WPotC doesn't count and Jean was dead.
    I already addressed this above. Again: Jean being dead and ascending and becoming the White Phoenix of the Crown are not mutually exclusive.

Jean became White Phoenix after her death on the Moon, and then was revealed to be in a cocoon, then became White Phoenix again in Here Comes Tomorrow, and was revealed to be dead in Phoenix Endsong, and then became White Phoenix again. So, really, flip-flopping from dead to White Phoenix is nothing new. Besides, Jean being depicted as dead and ascending and becoming the White Phoenix of the Crown are not mutually exclusive.

You let your slip show. Frankly, this kind of thinking is why I tend and will continue to counter your fallacious claims. You're being illogical, and this statement is not based on anything factual.

I already addressed this above. Again: Jean being dead and ascending and becoming the White Phoenix of the Crown are not mutually exclusive.
    Very well explained. The White Phoenix of the Crown is canon. However, some will still not believe, lol, smh.

However, on the positive side, If Jean needs more power than she has at her disposal as Omega-Omega to deal with the coming threats, then I would like to see Jean become the Green Phoenix again.

The Green Phoenix is a power that writers can handle (lol) and Jean can still be part of a team, while also enabling Jean to deal with pretty much any threat. Also, the PF could go dormant within Jean until/unless a threat of this calibur again occurs.

No need for White Phoenix as that level is best to do "Phoenix Work" in the WHR. Jean has been there long enough, we do not need Jean to be WP only to be removed from us again and placed back into the WHR.
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 06-08-2023 at 09:59 AM.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!