Page 1 of 358 123451151101 ... LastLast

Default Jean Grey / Phoenix Appreciation 2023: “A Red Dragon”

Happy New Year, everyone! This year, I thought it’d be fun to open this thread with some of our favorite moments from 2022. Here are my top 3 moments:

Jean fully accepts her past as Dark Phoenix and becomes the chief executive officer of the Phoenix Foundation:

Jean renounces her moniker and reclaims her birth name while cracking some bones, before taking down Cordyceps Jones:

Jean takes down a Hex taller and wider than the Empire State Building. Aside from Exodus, who died in the process, she’s the only hero out of the Avengers, X-Men, and Eternals who achieved such a feat.

Post your favorite moments! And may this year bring the best for us all, including Jean!
    Last edited by Mercury; 01-04-2023 at 07:19 PM.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

P.S. “A Red Dragon,” the subtitle to this thread, is how the Progenitor described Jean in this now iconic and pivotal scene:

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Happy New Year to all Jean fans.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    P.S. “A Red Dragon,” the subtitle to this thread, is how the Progenitor described Jean in this now iconic and pivotal scene:
    That Celestial is kind of a douchebag. Isn't he the one that brought a plague to Earth over a million years ago in search of another infected Celestial? Who is he to judge Jean Grey for her actions as The Phoenix when he nearly brought his entire race to the brink of extinction and in turn nearly brought the entire universe to ruin?

EDIT: Happy New Year!
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 01-01-2023 at 02:53 AM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Happy New Year 2023 to all Jean Grey fans! May 2023 continue to be a great year for Jean.

Thank you for re-starting the thread Mercury, and with some great 2022 moments!
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 01-01-2023 at 05:24 AM.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

BANNED

Happy New Year Red!

Happy New Year to Jean and her fans !

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Happy New Year!! Jean Fans from your Best Friend/Sister Storm. :-)

Happy New Year

Jean-Grey-Teen-Adult.jpg

Happy new year, cousins! I'm bringing his panel back because even with the dress it is the EPITOME of badass!

imageedit_0_3834440177.jpg
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

BANNED

Happy New Year.

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Happy new year, cousins! I'm bringing his panel back because even with the dress it is the EPITOME of badass!

Yep, dress aside, still the most badass and respectful Jean moment since Tom Taylor left.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 01-01-2023 at 12:58 PM.

To add to the above, Jean being the one to figure out The God of Light's true identity was very appropriate given her past with other similar cosmic forces (Okay, well...Reed Richards helped, but if it wasn't for Jean then they wouldn't have known that Captain Universe was there to save everyone's bacon as per the demands of the story):

Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 01-01-2023 at 01:31 PM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

Honestly, I want a Phoenix vs Knull showdown. The ultimate light vs dark.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

But isn't The Phoenix Force technically the neutral "mid-way point" between The Enigma Force and Knull (and in turn Death) in terms of Dark/Light alignment? I may be wrong but I remember once hearing that The Phoenix Force represented Life that has, will and ever exist as well as death and destruction, which if true would make it the primordial cosmic force that weaves through all permutations of reality, connects and binds The Enigma Force (Avatar of Life & God of Light/Healing/Creation) to Knull (Avatar of Darkness & God of Abyss/Void/Oblivion) in each version of existence. Hmmm...Mercury might be the person to ask about this...Mercury seems to know everything when it comes Jean/The Phoenix. Also...what's the difference between Champion and Avatar? Doesn't that mean they are the same thing?

Jean/Phoenix Force referring to itself/herself(?) as Life's Champion to Death:

Thanos, Avatar of Death, referring to The Enigma Force as The Avatar of Life:

Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 01-01-2023 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    Happy New Year to all Jean fans.
    Happy New Year, love!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    That Celestial is kind of a douchebag. Isn't he the one that brought a plague to Earth over a million years ago in search of another infected Celestial? Who is he to judge Jean Grey for her actions as The Phoenix when he nearly brought his entire race to the brink of extinction and in turn nearly brought the entire universe to ruin?

EDIT: Happy New Year!
    Well, the Progenitor was imbued with Tony Stark's arrogance, which I think manifested as insecurity and self-projection. One can also theorize that the Progenitor was fascinated, threatened, and confounded by Jean. If we subscribe to the notion that Jean and Phoenix are one and the same, as Claremont intended and Gillen hinted at, then she is continuously keeping her abilities in check and holding herself back. Perhaps the Progenitor was both expecting and coaxing her to cut loose, but the fact that she didn't flustered and forced him to take note of his own actions.

Happy New Year, love!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Happy New Year 2023 to all Jean Grey fans! May 2023 continue to be a great year for Jean.

Thank you for re-starting the thread Mercury, and with some great 2022 moments!
    You're welcome and Happy New Year, love!

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Happy New Year Red!
    Happy New Year, love!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Happy New Year to Jean and her fans!
    Happy New Year, love!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    Happy New Year!! Jean Fans from your Best Friend/Sister Storm.
    Happy New Year, love!

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    Happy New Year, love!

Happy New Year, love! It is indeed a great moment, but I feel Jean has gotten better moments since.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Happy New Year.
    Happy New Year, love!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Yep, dress aside, still the most badass and respectful Jean moment since Tom Taylor left.
    I think not!

To add to the above, Jean being the one to figure out The God of Light's true identity was very appropriate given her past with other similar cosmic forces (Okay, well...Reed Richards helped, but if it wasn't for Jean then they wouldn't have known that Captain Universe was there to save everyone's bacon as per the demands of the story):
    I think what she did here was significant. For one, Knull wasn't able to possess her the way he did the others, before or after she infiltrated his mind...

That would be amazing, though I think Jean could work him without even manifesting Phoenix, especially if she uses her psionic energy absorption ability.

But isn't The Phoenix Force technically the neutral "mid-way point" between The Enigma Force and Knull (and in turn Death) in terms of Dark/Light alignment? I may be wrong but I remember once hearing that The Phoenix Force represented Life that has, will and ever exist as well as death and destruction, which if true would make it the primordial cosmic force that weaves through all permutations of reality, connects and binds The Enigma Force (Avatar of Life & God of Light/Healing/Creation) to Knull (Avatar of Darkness & God of Abyss/Void/Oblivion) in each version of existence. Hmmm...Mercury might be the person to ask about this...Mercury seems to know everything when it comes Jean/The Phoenix. Also...what's the difference between Champion and Avatar? Doesn't that mean they are the same thing?
    I consider Phoenix the ground of all being and creation, which is basically how Claremont conceptualized her. After all, Jean says to Kurt in Uncanny X-Men #140.5 (2021), "Earth is my home. You're my friends. Rachel is my child. But I'm responsible for all creation. Still getting used to that, y'know? What you see here is the smallest part of me."