Page 183 of 358 FirstFirst ... 83133173179180181182183184185186187193233283 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,745 of 5357
    All-New Member

I actually think Duggan created this drama between them because there are plans for her to lead a team on her own. This doesn't mean that Jott is over but I want to see Jean alone, even if this separation only lasts 1 year.
    Anyway, let's wait and see what plans Marvel has for her.

If Immortal is ending, then I can see Gillen being the writer

Quote Originally Posted by thechronic92 View Post
    If Immortal is ending, then I can see Gillen being the writer
    That might make sense, and was indeed the rumor circulating awhile back.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thechronic92 View Post
    Jean wanting to leave everything behind and go live on Mars makes no sense.
    That's not what I interpreted her discussion with Scott to be.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Me either. I didn’t get the feeling she was going to Mars. Maybe she’s going to set up in space, though… perhaps she takes over The Peak and forms an Uncanny X-men team that’s kind of like the JLA operating out of the Watchtower back during Grant Morrison’s run on that book? Could be cool IMO. And with Wiz Kid running S.W.O.R.D. now, him and characters like Frenzy, Manifold and even Cable could be supporting characters who operate out of The Keep orbiting Planet Arakko.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    So… you think Percy is the only one allowed to write Wolverine? Doubtful. In fact, if anything it feels like Percy’s time on the X-books might be drawing to an end. Hopefully.
    Yes, I have the very strong impression that it is. Percy has a hand on Logan so the others can only use him occasionally. He doesn't even do cameos in others books anymore.

If someone understands why Jean wishes to leave the X men, I would like someone to explain it to me. It's really not clear.

Quote Originally Posted by CapCyke View Post
    Yes, I have the very strong impression that it is. Percy has a hand on Logan so the others can only use him occasionally. He doesn't even do cameos in others books anymore.

If someone understands why Jean wishes to leave the X men, I would like someone to explain it to me. It's really not clear.
    Imo it’s always been a plan. Jean and Scott lead X-men for a short moment and step down to give the team to a new leader - probably synch - and jean decided its finally a time to step down. Also last year in gala issue she and Scott said they formed X-men to change Krakoa and how they choose leaders so we assume they change Krakoa?

I'm still not sure what to make of the conversation, it was all over the place. But what was made clear is that Jean is leaving the X-Men and wants Scott to join her. I'm not sure why she's leaving. Duggan hasn't shown her questioning her place on the team

Quote Originally Posted by CapCyke View Post

If Percy is writing it, there are going to be plenty of disappointed people. He doesn't play well with others. X-force and Wolverine might as well be happening in an alt-universe

It does seem like an odd moment to make such a decision...considering all the crap that's been going down. You would think now more than ever she'd want to really hold the X-Men together for what's to come...in a "United We Stand" sort of way.
    Plus we already know she's going to be taken off the X-board at the Gala in some dramatic moment so...if that was foreshadowing her departure/absence it was poorly done and unnecessary.

Then again...she's most likely just telling Scott what her intensions are regarding the upcoming XM vote. And there really isn't anything more to it, considering switching out team members every year is the MO.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 07-05-2023 at 10:03 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

As a friend brought up elsewhere it's an interesting theme with her leaving X-Force, the QC, and now the X-Men. She seems ready to chart her own path.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Yupp. I would bet good money Jean is leading the new UXM in 2024.

Until then...we still have 6 months of Orchis tedium to get through, plus her LS setting her up as mutant saviour.

Yupp. I would bet good money Jean is leading the new UXM in 2024.

Until then...we still have 6 months of Orchis tedium to get through, plus her LS setting her up as mutant saviour.
    Same. I hope they give her UXM book an all-star cast and creative team too. Akin to Astonishing X-men with Whedon/Cassady. Feels like that’s what’s been missing in this era. A big, flagship X-men title.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Same. I hope they give her UXM book an all-star cast and creative team too. Akin to Astonishing X-men with Whedon/Cassady. Feels like that’s what’s been missing in this era. A big, flagship X-men title.
    I expect to see Ms marvel. She definitely gets mcu mutant retcon and spoiler cover for the gala is made by an artist who usually makes marvel covers with Kamala

I honestly can't even think that far ahead. Not with FoX only just about to getting to boiling point. There's just too many distractions between now and then. Maybe when January solicits are revealed and FoX starts winding down...

BANNED

For some reason, I want Logan, Ms. Marvel, and Hope Summers on Jean's team, if she is getting one. Hope especially.