Page 8 of 358 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KyleWayne View Post
    Yes, not no. Lol

It’s sad to see folks hate on those classic, iconic costumes. None of their subsequent costumes ever held a candle to those. I am glad they’re returning in X-Men ‘97 so a whole new generation will associate those costumes as their best looks. ��

You must admit that Jean’s Jim Lee costume was miles above anything she wore in X-Factor.
    I mean I'm glad you have a preferred look for the X-Men but that kinda goes for everybody lol and yes the Jim Lee outfits are iconic but they're also dated as hell and scream 90's and quite a few xmen characters have had better costumes since that era the main two being Storm and Jean.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I mean I'm glad you have a preferred look for the X-Men but that kinda goes for everybody lol and yes the Jim Lee outfits are iconic but they're also dated as hell and scream 90's and quite a few xmen characters have had better costumes since that era the main two being Storm and Jean.
    I don’t consider them dated. Honestly, I’d do anything to get back to the 90s, the best decade of my life. It sure beats today.

Storm’s best costume is also her 90s costume. All of the X-Men got ugly once they stopped using Lee’s costumes.

Fantastic Member

I also quite like the Jim Lee costume, the most iconic thing for me was the crystal thingy on the forehead that glowed sometimes. It got a little ruined for me when it included a chin guard. I strongly associate it with the Phoenix name since she adopted the name while still wearing the costume

Jean is a trendsetter as Scarlet Witch #1 has another Hellfire Gala outfit turned recurring costume.

also read the Alpha mutant theory, strong endorse from me especially concerning Hope

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Yeah...it's a lot to take in...take your time. Wait, what we were talking about? Tango?
    :gasp: How fickle you are. Just for that, I'm taking my time finishing Defenders Beyond. On a side note, it's heady, and I'm sort of a fickle bimbo myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Lol, now I am jealous 'cause y'all left me out of Tango! The Tango of the Titanic Three
    Oh, you and your adorable alliteration! 🥹 When it comes to you, three is never a crowd! ::wraps other leg around your waist::

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    AOA Jean is such an enigma to me they never had a clue what to do with her outside of her appearance in the original story.
    Oh, I love her arc. So good. You're making me want to read it again.

Here's a comprehensive reading list of all of AOA Jean's appearances for those interested or looking to refresh their memory:

https://cmro.travis-starnes.com/char...character=6118

Oh and just for fun, and completely unrelated I like Duggan's Jean but he has absolutely nothing he wants to say with her.

It's highlighted for me, in how nearly every other character he uses in the title has or had an ongoing narrative. I hope it's building to her leaving the team with the next election and rejoining the Quiet Council. I feel like Gillen has something he wants to say with her right now. Or I hope so.
    I don't begrudge you feeling this way, but I disagree. Duggan was pivotal in Jean shedding her Marvel Girl garb and moniker and revealing that her own trauma and guilt were holding her back. He has also depicted her as a strong, sensitive leader and used her abilities effectively, making it clear why she is an Omega Psionic. Not to mention, I absolutely love what he's done with her and Scott, giving them some truly tender, beautiful, and character-reinforcing and -building moments. However, I can empathize with you in terms of wanting him or another writer to do an even deeper dive into her pathos. Maybe we'll get that with Dark Web: X-Men #3.

It's weird because she's Jean so of course I followed her story. But she been the Alpha Mutant, depowered, and now whatever Apocalypse amalgamation she was when I last checked. That's without mentioning those actual stories.
    It's a delicious gumbo!

I don’t consider them dated. Honestly, I’d do anything to get back to the 90s, the best decade of my life. It sure beats today.

Storm’s best costume is also her 90s costume. All of the X-Men got ugly once they stopped using Lee’s costumes.
    Oh, Kyle... :::BIG HUG::: Nostalgia is a beautiful thing, but we must be willing to bend and adapt to the winds and vagaries of time...

Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    What's the last or most enjoyable Krakoa-based issue you've read?
    Last edited by Mercury; 01-04-2023 at 06:46 PM.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    :gasp: How fickle you are. Just for that, I'm taking my time finishing Defenders Beyond. On a side note, it's heady, and I'm sort of a fickle bimbo myself.
    No! Wait, come back!

Aww...today's just not my day.
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 01-04-2023 at 06:44 PM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

BANNED

What's the last or most enjoyable Krakoa-based issue you've read?
    Is the question directed at me or was it for everyone? I haven’t and won’t read the Krakoa stuff. Since 2019, I’ve just read X-Men Legends, Gambit, and I currently read X-Treme X-Men.

BANNED

AOA Jean is such an enigma to me they never had a clue what to do with her outside of her appearance in the original story.

Oh and just for fun, and completely unrelated I like Duggan's Jean but he has absolutely nothing he wants to say with her.

It's highlighted for me, in how nearly every other character he uses in the title has or had an ongoing narrative. I hope it's building to her leaving the team with the next election and rejoining the Quiet Council. I feel like Gillen has something he wants to say with her right now. Or I hope so.
    I'll take either of the Brits working on Jean. And yeah, she needs something heavy to do.

However, I think the most recent X-Men Monday details what editorial is focused on regarding Jean Grey.

No! Wait, come back!

Aww...today's just not my day.
    I swear, these forum-based emojis are so f'ing cute! Also, I have a feeling it's always your day.

Is the question directed at me or was it for everyone? I haven’t and won’t read the Krakoa stuff. Since 2019, I’ve just read X-Men Legends, Gambit, and I currently read X-Treme X-Men.
    The question was specifically directed at you. And when I get through with you, you will read some of the current stuff. Stop limiting yourself! Give it a try! What's the worst that can happen? You don't like it and stop reading?
    Last edited by Mercury; 01-04-2023 at 07:01 PM.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

I swear, this forum-based emojis are so f'ing cute! Also, I have a feeling it's always your day.
    They are, aren't they? Very good for...setting the tone. Wait...that doesn't sound right? Or does it?
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 01-04-2023 at 07:02 PM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

BANNED

I swear, this forum-based emojis are so f'ing cute! Also, I have a feeling it's always your day.

The question was specifically directed at you. And when I get through with you, you will read some of the current stuff. Stop limiting yourself! Give it a try! What's the worst that can happen? You don't like it and stop reading?
    I fundamentally disagree with the premise of mutant isolationism. I believe in mutant integration. They should be on Earth forcing their way into mainstream society.

I also dislike Jonathan Hickman’s writing. I tried three or four series by him and disliked them all. He’s too much like Grant Morrison. I gave up on Secret Wars halfway through. It was such a disappointment compared to the two 80s Secret Wars series.

Do you read X-Men Legends? Jean was great in the Simonsons’ X-Factor stories. Weezie is one of the definitive Jean writers.

They are, aren't they? Very good for...setting the tone. Wait...
    haha! Okay, I'm going to go pump some iron, do some work, and try to get through the rest of Defenders. Ttys!

I also dislike Jonathan Hickman’s writing. I tried three or four series by him and disliked them all. He’s too much like Grant Morrison. I gave up on Secret Wars halfway through. It was such a disappointment compared to the two 80s Secret Wars series.
    I understand. But then again, Duggan's X-Men should be right up your alley. This is how and why that team was founded (probably my favorite Jean scene by Hickman):

Incredible Member

Can someone take the quotes out of the thread title? It breaks the link.

BANNED

I understand. But then again, Duggan's X-Men should be right up your alley. This is how and why that team was founded (probably my favorite Jean scene by Hickman):

But my question is, why hire Gerry Duggan when Marvel could hire Chris Claremont? It doesn’t make sense to me. You’d think they’d want the best X-Men writer writing X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinism View Post
    Can someone take the quotes out of the thread title? It breaks the link.
    That sucks. I tried, but it only changes the title in-thread. Let a moderator know.