Page 153 of 358 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163203253 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 5357
    The Red Dragon

New corner box art with Jean:

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post

Aaaah green phoenix, nothing can beat this sight, she speaks to my soul…
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

BANNED

I miss Green Phoenix so much. I forget until I see new art of it. That's still the top costume. Morrison Jean, eat your heart out. Final TJ costume, you are good but not quite up to par. Revolution...you are her but you are not quite her!

I need art of Storm and Phoenix just absolutely clearing waves, asap.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 05-26-2023 at 10:07 AM.

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I miss Green Phoenix so much. I forget until I see new art of it. That's still the top costume. Morrison Jean, eat your heart out. Final TJ costume, you are good but not quite up to par. Revolution...you are her but you are not quite her!

I need art of Storm and Phoenix just absolutely clearing waves, asap.
    Classic Green Phoenix Jean is still the best costume decades later. Sleek and classic without unnecessary head condoms, masks, giant shoulder pads? Sign me up.

I hate the animated series look and most of the designs that try to homage that instead of Jean’s other looks. Dauterman’s design could have been great if he didnt try to homage some of the lesser stuff.

BANNED

Classic Green Phoenix Jean is still the best costume decades later. Sleek and classic without unnecessary head condoms, masks, giant shoulder pads? Sign me up.

I hate the animated series look and most of the designs that try to homage that instead of Jean’s other looks. Dauterman’s design could have been great if he didnt try to homage some of the lesser stuff.
    Honestly, I don't really love the 90s homages, in part because of the obnoxious (and probably sexist) nostalgia behind them, but also I just don't think they are aesthetically good. Out of the 90s and the homages, including the current costume, I find the Asrar with green and yellow colors most pleasing, I guess, but I don't genuinely like them as I do the ones I mentioned.

I L-O-V-E this pic of Jean, especially for a corner box!!

I remember saying a number of pages back that I wanted to see this green variant and here it is!

Simply beautiful! Thanks for sharing, Tank.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Honestly, I don't really love the 90s homages, in part because of the obnoxious (and probably sexist) nostalgia behind them, but also I just don't think they are aesthetically good. Out of the 90s and the homages, including the current costume, I find the Asrar with green and yellow colors most pleasing, I guess, but I don't genuinely like them as I do the ones I mentioned.
    I agree with this. Not only does the animated series look harken back to that awful portrayal, it’s freaking aesthetically gross. Gross!!!

The best homage of the 90s look is either the Dauterman look or the Revolution. But even then they would be 100x better without the face mask or shoulders.

Don’t get me started on Asrar’s ugly color blocking and giant shoulder pads and weird floating x. Bulky armor aint it for Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    "Messy ponytail/updo" the hair trend that goes from sports/gym to the red carpet. Perfect for Jean, and what I believe we are seeing her create in the original Wreck sketch.
    I still think it's an updo versus a tight or mess ponytail. Either way, she looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Personally, I'm piqued by the fact that adult Jean Grey inherited her younger self's badassery memories. Currently, adult Jean's telepathic and telekinetic abilities (theoretically) work together and as a bonus so much so that adult Jean Grey can now (theoretically) absorb ambient and directed telepathic energy, converting it into telekinetic energy which substantially augmented her existing abilities. Said integration of acquired memories, not only sets Jean Grey apart from other telepath/telekinetics but it's an ability that's unique to her alone and has plenty of plot potential for future practical application.

Oh, did I mention that Jean Grey recently evolved to this level of ineffable awesomeness because the Shi'ar foolishly decided to kill her again

Exactly. And whereas some fans get annoyed that the writers haven't much touched upon Jean's time-displacement period in the current era, I see it as still vital to her history and character and potential fodder for future stories. Who knows, maybe Simonson will touch upon this period in the upcoming solo.

Beautiful. I love that it's the actual cover to X-Men #24 and not just a corner box.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

BANNED

X-Men's Most Important Heroes Get New Costumes in Hellfire Gala Makeover

Is it just me or does everyone see the Phoenix iconography integrated into everyone's costume?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I still think it's an updo versus a tight or mess ponytail. Either way, she looks great!

Exactly. And whereas some fans get annoyed that the writers haven't much touched upon Jean's time-displacement period in the current era, I see it as still vital to her history and character and potential fodder for future stories. Who knows, maybe Simonson will touch upon this period in the upcoming solo.

Beautiful. I love that it's the actual cover to X-Men #24 and not just a corner box.
    And, Jean Grey is canonized in Green That corner spot trancends ascendance!
    Last edited by Micabe; 05-26-2023 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post

X-Men's Most Important Heroes Get New Costumes in Hellfire Gala Makeover

Is it just me or does everyone see the Phoenix iconography integrated into everyone's costume?
    You are so interesting, Micabe, lol. Sometimes, I can't tell your innocence from your sarcasm. lol. :hug:

That's the ringbearer flocked by the flower children welcoming in the bride...

I tweeted this some weeks back:

https://twitter.com/Jean_RED_Grey/st...31578694234114

What if Jean accepts that she is Phoenix and shares her abilities with the Five as a symbol and safeguard? Her Gala suit recalls a bride and is shaped like a Phoenix, its colors evoking a gradual return to life, while the Five recall a ring bearer and flower children. #XSpoilers

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    You are so interesting, Micabe, lol. Sometimes, I can't tell your innocence from your sarcasm. lol. :hug:

That's the ringbearer flocked by the flower children welcoming in the bride...

I tweeted this some weeks back:

https://twitter.com/Jean_RED_Grey/st...31578694234114
    I live for the giggles

seeing this image reminds me what we have been robbed as fans: THIS IS JEAN'S TRUE LEGACY!!!! I want Phoenix back!

I will always love this costume, and the Phoenix codename for Jean. I remember reading some article about the struggle of Jean having a codename, and how they tried to bring back Marvel Girl but it didn't work, so they gave up. The whole time I read that I was just screaming in my head, "Phoenix! She's already had the perfect codename that actually works! Phoenix!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Til View Post
    I will always love this costume, and the Phoenix codename for Jean. I remember reading some article about the struggle of Jean having a codename, and how they tried to bring back Marvel Girl but it didn't work, so they gave up. The whole time I read that I was just screaming in my head, "Phoenix! She's already had the perfect codename that actually works! Phoenix!"
    A bit of Jean's legacy is dudes trying to find an issue with her design and presentation where there is none because they want to give her hero identity to their pet characters or because her hero identity represents something negative to them (I think it's about them being turned off by powerful women that don't couch their power in sexuality).