Page 312 of 358 FirstFirst ... 212262302308309310311312313314315316322 ... LastLast
Results 4,666 to 4,680 of 5357

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    What is it with Marvel and having 42 version of characters running around at all times? Is the concept that compelling?
    Yes. Personally, I don’t care, but if one person is getting a kick out of it, it is most likely the writers who get to make whatever fan fic they want.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    What is it with Marvel and having 42 version of characters running around at all times? Is the concept that compelling?
    Because 42 is the answer to the "ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything." :P

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    While i liked that callback to Endsong, I dont like Land drawing this issue
    Greg Land... Jesus ...

F-qYhX4WIAAVtQK.jpg

I wonder if there will be a Phoenix Omnibus Vol 3 with Jean's solo, Jean's return storyline and these 60-year anniversary stories?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I really hope that we don't get stuck with another time-displaced Jean Grey. Really don't want to relive those days again personally.

However, I love that lilac Phoenix costume. Just gorgeous. Every time I don't think they can do more with that classic costume, they do, and it looks great.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    While i liked that callback to Endsong, I dont like Land drawing this issue

I don't get all the fandom Greg Land hate. He draws a gorgeous Jean Grey/Phoenix. Obviously the Marvel corporate staff thinks so too, or else they would not hire him so much.

Quote Originally Posted by 3aMeHa View Post
    I don't get all the fandom Greg Land hate. He draws a gorgeous Jean Grey/Phoenix. Obviously the Marvel corporate staff thinks so too, or else they would not hire him so much.
    His art takes me out of the story. His women seem like traced photos of adult film stars. Their wide open mouth smiles, direct looks at the viewer. and poses break the fourth wall. Iceman’s face in these previews seems kind of fey in a way that makes sense for Land, all things considered (i.e. his approach to art lacks the kind of subtlety that good storytelling requires).

BANNED

Hiring a comic book artist is not simply a matter of taste. Other factors include timeliness, reliability, page-rate, and availability.

Also, the fact that a corporation likes something is not a reason to like that thing in and of itself.

Lastly, if you have seen the entirety of one Greg Land comic, you have seen all of the panels in every Greg Land comic.

Marvel hires tons of artist that produce ugly work. Land's main strength is that he is quick and can hit deadlines consistently regardless of the quality of his work. He's not a good storyteller and lacks creativity when comes to his panels

Some great images, IceFanatic!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Good lord, there's got to be a correlation between Jean getting more focus and the art quality dropping, it always happens! One of the reasons I loved HFG 2023 was the artists she got were superb, we lost Werneck for THAT?!

That art from IXM 17 brought to mind Frank Quietly, lol.

In other news...

Wow...powerful, moving, and thought-provoking—the capstone on a cautionary tale of losing love, trust, and faith in oneself AND the first steps on the path to gaining it all back—while also being elusive and mystifying in the best possible ways.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Good lord, there's got to be a correlation between Jean getting more focus and the art quality dropping, it always happens! One of the reasons I loved HFG 2023 was the artists she got were superb, we lost Werneck for THAT?!
    that is actually a correlation that I've also noticed. lol damn, I really though Werneck would have been the one painting this crucial Jean issue. uff...disappointing, to say the least.

Any spoilers?