Page 281 of 358 FirstFirst ... 181231271277278279280281282283284285291331 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,215 of 5357

Oh what could have been...

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post

Powerful Jean!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

I remember this. This was supposed to be a full fan series but it got so much attention and Marvel ordered the project to be cancelled. It really didn't help that this was made at the time when Marvel was marginalizing X-Men in favor of Inhumans. Maybe he should have made the full series beforehand and allowed the rest to leak. At least we got a cool Jean out of this.

Quote Originally Posted by The Thunderbird View Post
    That face. I've never seen Jean look this horrified ever. The loss of the X-Men she helped elect must have really hit her hard. Good thing she regained her composure fast enough to stop the shockwave from killing everyone.
    I dont know. I think we got that the last time she was around when her team was mass murdered around her

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont know. I think we got that the last time she was around when her team was mass murdered around her

True, that's another bad day for Jean. Good thing she forgot about all that before she was resurrected.

There was also that time in the 90s mini Mys-Tech Wars. Cyclops got shot dead by one of the random enemies and Jean completely lost it. She had a breakdown mid battle and risked both herself and Jubilee trying to help what was left of Scott. Later on she took one of those oversized 90s guns and shot herself in the head. It was an incredibly violent and brutal miniseries where most of the Marvel heroes got a similarly nasty fate. Good thing it was all reversed at the end.

That's exactly right, Joel Furtado was hit with a cease and desist and so his planned series was scrapped. However, he actually did make the full series (it all got leaked on YouTube) but the only episode with sound/sound effects was the first episode with Jean and Logan.

That's exactly right, Joel Furtado was hit with a cease and desist and so his planned series was scrapped. However, he actually did make the full series (it all got leaked on YouTube) but the only episode with sound/sound effects was the first episode with Jean and Logan.
    Hi Peanuts!

I love seeing Jean and she was powerful in it. They made the Phoenix and especially Dark Phoenix all crazy with the wicked witch laugh, lol.

Cool Avatar color/eye changing pic.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Heya Phoenixx9!

I loved the episode too, especially the appearance of Phoenix and Dark Phoenix and that laugh was great!

Thanks! I've had it for awhile but I can't remember where I got it from lol

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    The Death Card from The Marvel Tarot Deck and Guidebook:

This is gorgeous. As others have said, Jean representing the death card makes sense given her history. Renewal, and change are a part of Jean's story.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Love this. From Magneto #2 (2023):

I adore seeing stuff like this. Such a cute charm to these older stories, and the beginnings of Jean and the X-Men, and I love seeing silver age Jean getting the respect she deserves.

Oh, wow. My mind is reeling. I don't know what to think. My Twitter feed is burning.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

It's all starting to make sense...

(From Jean Grey #2, which might be referenced elsewhere...)

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

BANNED

People are posting spoilers on Twitter using #xspoilers, for those inclined to look.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    People are posting spoilers on Twitter using #xspoilers, for those inclined to look.
    Get in your DMs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I've checked the tag but I haven't really noticed much so far other than what Mercury posted there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Get in your DMs.
    I want to know too. Pleaasssee, pretty pleaaasseee! :-)