Page 323 of 358 FirstFirst ... 223273313319320321322323324325326327333 ... LastLast
Results 4,831 to 4,845 of 5357
    Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

You know...maybe I should track down a copy of X-Men/Teen Titans...

"The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

As a Jean fan I love how much she is in the spotlight and this developments, but I'm afraid that they are going to use this to bench her without killing her. She is going to become so OP, and that was the problem why Phoenix end up as the Dark Phoenix saga in the first place.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hephoenix View Post
    As a Jean fan I love how much she is in the spotlight and this developments, but I'm afraid that they are going to use this to bench her without killing her. She is going to become so OP, and that was the problem why Phoenix end up as the Dark Phoenix saga in the first place.
    The irony we still have this fear, and we've literally seen half a dozen different character with the PF in the last 10 years is crazy to me, but not surprising given how little Marvel has explicitly explained her current relationship to the PF.

Only 125 prints of this lenticular version of Amy Reeder’s JG #1 cover available!

https://twitter.com/amyreeder/status...58495051272643

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    The irony we still have this fear, and we've literally seen half a dozen different character with the PF in the last 10 years is crazy to me, but not surprising given how little Marvel has explicitly explained her current relationship to the PF.
    That's because it has never been about the Phoenix being too powerful!

Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

Jean being gone for over a decade didn't help matters.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

They are not "benching" Jean. Even if they keep her in the WHR for a short time recovering from her death she will most certainly be present for the final Krakoa end game and definitely in Brevoort's Era. They're not going to waste all that they've been building and teasing just to cut her out.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by The Thunderbird View Post
    Jean being gone for over a decade didn't help matters.
    Virtually 15 years! Such a long time for Jean fans.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    They are not "benching" Jean. Even if they keep her in the WHR for a short time recovering from her death she will most certainly be present for the final Krakoa end game and definitely in Brevoort's Era. They're not going to waste all that they've been building and teasing just to cut her out.
    Exactatiously! Jean will be back in the books.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Guys I am curious about surveying replies to this question. Would you consider race bending Jean for movies? If so whom would you like to consider? Like Zendaya for Mary Jane?
    Last edited by Keno; 11-21-2023 at 10:00 PM.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Keno View Post
    Guys I am curious about surveying replies to this question. Would you consider race bending Jean for movies? If so whom would you like to consider? Like Zendaya for Mary Jane?
    Well, speaking Zendaya wasn't race swapped as she wasn't Mary Jane Watson, but Michelle Jones.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Keno View Post
    Side-eyeing this post.

Well, speaking Zendaya wasn't race swapped as she wasn't Mary Jane Watson, but Michelle Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Side-eyeing this post.
    So you are against it?

BANNED

So I'm just sensing gamergate trumpian style energy from the question.