Page 233 of 358 FirstFirst ... 133183223229230231232233234235236237243283333 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,495 of 5357

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMan View Post
    Other than her original (blue/gold) costume, and the Phoenix, Jean hasn't really had a good costume. They should just give her the iconic Phoenix costume (in whatever color you like), and be done with it.
    IDA. Most of her looks have been good IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    Bullshit. The belt on the new one looks fucking ugly and unfinished. The old one is basically the one from the comics. I don't give a **** about the boots or the color change. It's also fucking stupid for them to keep Wolverine and Cyclops in those diapers, and think that Jean's costume was the only one that needed improving.
    The crotch area always looked weird and the coloring was too close to a nude look on her which just was odd. Plus the ponytail was god awful. There was nothing about the original TAS look that was good. You can post all the pictures from the comic you want, but the one that was on the show was an ugly version of that
    Last edited by Havok83; 08-10-2023 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    IDA. Most of her looks have been good IMO.

The crotch area always looked weird and the coloring was too close to a nude look on her which just was odd. Plus the ponytail was god awful. There was nothing about the original TAS look that was good. You can post all the pictures from the comic you want, but the one that was on the show was an ugly version of that
    The funny thing is, now the show creators are saying that they are fans of Jean with her improved look and "more feminine facial features". Are they just pandering to us JG fans?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Jean does this to Shaw please

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    The funny thing is, now the show creators are saying that they are fans of Jean with her improved look and "more feminine facial features". Are they just pandering to us JG fans?
    They're pandering to millennials with the marketing of it being X-Men 97, and people will eat it up just like they ate up all those god awful Fox X-Men movies.

The cartoon is not going to be anything like the original, which some people will argue was a horrible show despite it being the sole reason the X-Men are even popular in the first place and the way they became more mainstream. Hardly anyone remembers the other cartoons and people stopped reading comics after Y2K.

At least they're hinting at the being honest about it, and hopefully it won't be as terrible as What If or any of the the Spider-Man series.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It's the same goddamn costume with a ponytail and lighter color of orange as the comics. The only thing bad on the new one is the chunky belt that ends abruptly and dangles at the end. But like I said, they could've gotten rid of Wolverine and Cyclops's diapers if they really wanted to change someone's look, but the same clowns that changed Jean's look gave the diapers the green light, and got rid of Bishop's jerry curls.

BANNED

The show is likely not to be any good, but Jean in particular is probably in trouble.

Pray to the gods that nostalgia doesn't win lol

There is actually a rapper called Jean Grae who is named after Jean. lol

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    I've always wondered why everyone hated this look so much lol. Outside of the TAS version, I have no problems with it, and honestly it's not like Jean was wearing anything that much better before.
    Actually I think just before the Jim Lee look, Jean sported one of her best non-Phoenix costumes in Whilce Portacio's X-Factor:

I always felt it was a generic team uniform but done right.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    It's fugly top to bottom. It's just what people remember watching a couple of times on TV 30 years ago.
    You are correct sir!

And except for a pretty decent Phoenix arc, that series did Jean no favors. She was portrayed much like she would have been in a 1960s cartoon. Even the ponytail seemed to reference Jan of 'Space Ghost'.

The Phoenix looks is my favorite, but I liked the green skirt when drawn by Neal Adams, Dave Cockrum and John Byrne. I don't think it looked as good when she wore it recently. Her first X-Factor green/yellow was good -- especially as Walt Simonson drew it, but later he altered those costumes and colors--- with questionable results. I have not liked anything that tries to be like the 90s outfit. Yes, it was on Saturday morning kids show -- and, sadly, that was a lot of folks first impression of the character. That's one reason it should just be left in the past and forgotten. It's a very utilitarian look that said nothing about Jean -- except that she's supposed to be a background character.
    Last edited by kcekada; 08-11-2023 at 05:06 AM.

This is an interesting take on the classic look.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    And except for a pretty decent Phoenix arc, that series did Jean no favors. She was portrayed much like she would have been in a 1960s cartoon. Even the ponytail seemed to reference Jan of 'Space Ghost'.

The Phoenix looks is my favorite, but I liked the green skirt when drawn by Neal Adams, Dave Cockrum and John Byrne. I don't think it looked as good when she wore it recently. Her first X-Factor green/yellow was good -- especially as Walt Simonson drew it, but later he altered those costumes and colors--- with questionable results. I have not liked anything that tries to be like the 90s outfit. Yes, it was on Saturday morning kids show -- and, sadly, that was a lot of folks first impression of the character. That's one reason it should just be left in the past and forgotten. It's a very utilitarian look that said nothing about Jean -- except that she's supposed to be a background character.
    I don't see anything utilitarian about the look. It's basically the signature X-Men colors since she was an original member. And more super heroines would benefit from a ponytail because it prevents your hair from flying into your face. Which is why athletes wear them. And Jean's two story arcs (The Phoenix Saga and the Dark Phoenix Saga) were the more important thing on the show. She was the most powerful comic book character on television. The whole Phoenix thing in the comics was her getting a boost in her powers, which is what the show did.

A small minority of people bash the show because as adults they expected a 90's kids show to have better animation, not use current comic book costumes trends, have writing from 30 years in the future and be something completely different, while ignoring the fact that the X-Men the Animated Series is the best comic book series of all time right after Batman the Animated Series. Which is why they're rebooting XTAS and not X-Men Evolution or Wolverine and his X-men.

33 is 26, which is the costume she wore right before, with the pattern from 9, which she also wore in that period, reversed. The headgear is basically her cowl without the mask anymore, which is what she has on her modern costume too. Since she's a founding member, and has repeatedly worn team looks, this was a play on it.
    Last edited by Force de Phenix; 08-12-2023 at 02:01 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Looks like I'll have to pick up IXM 17. Even if just for that stunning cover.

Well and so...
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Jean x Gillen confirmed!!!

Love that cover!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    You are correct sir!

It looks like it was part of an awful series of uniforms and they decided to scrap the uniforms for everyone but Jean.