Page 221 of 358 FirstFirst ... 121171211217218219220221222223224225231271321 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,315 of 5357

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    I can't believe they killed off Jean Grey again. I was like...oh man, Phoenix and Mercury are going to freak...either that or celebrate the possibility of The Phoenix making a huge return to comics that doesn't involve Galactus' Mom.
    Aw, thanks for keeping me/us in mind, CU.

Yes, I did freak, like WHY is killing Jean the only thing writers can think of?!?

I would like to see Jean become Phoenix again, even if just temporarily to fix things. But as you stated, not involving anyone else, like MomGalactus.

I also want Jean to return to the land of the living.

Writers cannot seem to get a good handle on Jean. Like in the middle of a fight, whether flying, levitating on grounded, Jean should have a telekinetic force bubble around her, or be radiating such immense psychic energies, that dangers are dissolved before coming near her.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I was happy that Jean didn't agree with Prof X, resist, and in relation to her death... I think she was going to die for both Moira and Ninrod, it was to be expected that both of them would train for telepathy and telekinesis.
    And I would prefer her to come back on her own with her Teen version and have Phoenix help right away (''I know how to resuscitate myself dear'')

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post

Yes, I did freak, like WHY is killing Jean the only thing writers can think of?!?

I would like to see Jean become Phoenix again, even if just temporarily to fix things. But as you stated, not involving anyone else, like MomGalactus.

Writers cannot seem to get a good handle on Jean. Like in the middle of a fight, whether flying, levitating on grounded, Jean should have a telekinetic force bubble around her, or be radiating such immense psychic energies, that dangers are dissolved before coming near her.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

I think that writers not being able to get a good handle was one of the reasons they killed her off back in the day. Man...this year really sucks. First they practically repeat One More Day over on the Spider-Man side of things and now there is another Decimation happening on the X-Men side of things. What's next? Another Civil War?
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Even with tk bubble it wouldn’t help. Jean was killed with a blade with magic poison that blocks mutants powers

Quote Originally Posted by Braxxer View Post
    Even with tk bubble it wouldn’t help. Jean was killed with a blade with magic poison that blocks mutants powers
    I think his point was that she should have had the TK bubble up before she was killed. And it didnt exactly block her powers as she was using her TP as she was dying. Now that I think about it, it was kinda dumb that jean wasnt able to sense Moira sneaking behind her. Moira is immune to TP, but not TK and we know Jean has TK sensitivity and should have sensed a being moving behind her
    Last edited by Havok83; 07-27-2023 at 07:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Braxxer View Post
    I can't address this in a .gif and posting .gifs is all I can do concerning that HFG issue. I don't have the energy for anything else. Sorry. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Hey GS!

PERFECT Meme!

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    I think that writers not being able to get a good handle was one of the reasons they killed her off back in the day. Man...this year really sucks. First they practically repeat One More Day over on the Spider-Man side of things and now there is another Decimation happening on the X-Men side of things. What's next? Another Civil War?
    Yeah, I heard about Spidey and OMD v2.

In the words of Ms. Pearly, "What the hell is going on around here?!?"

Jean was surrounded by lots of people. Moira simply walked up to her and no one spotted her. It was PIS. It is what it is

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I think his point was that she should have had the TK bubble up before she was killed. And it didnt exactly block her powers as she was using her TP as she was dying. Now that I think about it, it was kinda dumb that jean wasnt able to sense Moira sneaking behind her. Moira is immune to TP, but not TK and we know Jean has TK sensitivity and should have sensed a being moving behind her
    Exactly what I was thinking as well!

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Yeah, I heard about Spidey and OMD v2.

In the words of Ms. Pearly, "What the hell is going on around here?!?"
    Nothing good, I can assure you. Except Ultimate Invasion. Ultimate Invasion is good.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Hey GS!

PERFECT Meme!
    Hi, hon!

Thanks for your original post. :)

I'm off now. Have fun. o/

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Basically Moira and Ninrod spent several seasons training to stop Bobby and Jean

Moira killing Jean is truly disgusting considering Moira has known her since she was a little girl and Jean used to look up to and respect her

On a side note,its funny how someone in this thread asked if they should revisit the time Xavier had a thought about loving Jean and its referenced here. Moira looks like a jealous scorned ex girlfriend