Page 282 of 358 FirstFirst ... 182232272278279280281282283284285286292332 ... LastLast
Results 4,216 to 4,230 of 5357

Its unfortunate the people broadcasting these spoiler images have no integrity. They claim to be such immeasurable super fans while disrespecting the creators left and right.
    Marvel & Co would never encourage anyone receiving advanced copies, scans, pdfs, etc for whatever legitimate reason, only to have them set loose into the wilds of the website formerly known as Twitter.

These creators work hard to produce this material, only to have disgraceful "fans" disrespectfully plaster said content across the internet, out of the context and format it was intended, because "LOOK AT MEEEEEE"

Shameful.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    It's all starting to make sense...

(From Jean Grey #2, which might be referenced elsewhere...)

I hope to something like this

new-x-men-154.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Its unfortunate the people broadcasting these spoiler images have no integrity. They claim to be such immeasurable super fans while disrespecting the creators left and right.
    Marvel & Co would never encourage anyone receiving advanced copies, scans, pdfs, etc for whatever legitimate reason, only to have them set loose into the wilds of the website formerly known as Twitter.

These creators work hard to produce this material, only to have disgraceful "fans" disrespectfully plaster said content across the internet, out of the context and format it was intended, because "LOOK AT MEEEEEE"

Shameful.
    a little dramatic? I find it rather easy to stay away from spoilers if I want to and experience the comicbook how the creators intended it...

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    a little dramatic? I find it rather easy to stay away from spoilers if I want to and experience the comicbook how the creators intended it...
    Truth can taste sour.

Get in your DMs.
    me want! too please

Get in your DMs.
    Could you message me as well? I'd love to see them!

BANNED

Shameful.
    Lol you have been around long enough to know this is the culture of Big Comics. Before, it was 4chan and Rich Johnston. Today, it's Twitter. Tomorrow, it will be some other venue.

I am not saying you're wrong, but I am saying spoilers are and have been part of the ecosystem, nearly intrinsic. As far as the creative and business of the thing, spoilers are more likely to improve the numbers of people that read and buy than they are to worsen the numbers.

With that said, folks, we know Jean will be in Immortal #17. What might that say about #16?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Lol you have been around long enough to know this is the culture of Big Comics. Before, it was 4chan and Rich Johnston. Today, it's Twitter. Tomorrow, it will be some other venue.

I am not saying you're wrong, but I am saying spoilers are and have been part of the ecosystem, nearly intrinsic. As far as the creative and business of the thing, spoilers are more likely to improve the numbers of people that read and buy than they are to worsen the numbers.

With that said, folks, we know Jean will be in Immortal #17. What might that say about #16?
    Tacky is as Tacky does.

Shameful.

Exactly. An ambiguous spoiler whets appetites and contributes to excitement build up. Full-blown public leaks are another thing. Ultimately, some people need to go out, get some sun, and touch grass.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Exactly. An ambiguous spoiler whets appetites and contributes to excitement build up. Full-blown public leaks are another thing. Ultimately, some people need to go out, get some sun, and touch grass.
    pls spoilers :c

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

If the spoilers are what they appear I'm even more intrigued about Jean's role in Immortal and specifically issue 17. We've all had are ideas and theories about the ending of 15, but I won't lie a little surprised, again if things are as they appear. Either way tomorrow and next couple months should be interesting for Jean.

My take is if you like such things read spoilers online and then purchase the books if you are able.

For those who do not like spoilers on sites like X former Twitter def stay off the spoiler tag. It is there for a reason. Now if someone posts one without the tag then I think you have a case to be upset. But we know how the internet works if you do not want to be spoiled do not log on to any social media site.

For me spoilers help generate interest and excitement. Without them I will probably not be as engaged or interested (especially in a product you have to wait so many weeks or more for). But that is just me. I do feel sorry for those whose experience is ruined by spoiler text or images. I've watched a few movies where I purposively did not read any info about it. I enjoyed the movie, but those I do seek out spoilers I enjoy just as well. To each their own.

As far as Jean related content, it seems like we'll have much to discuss between the Jean Grey solo and Immortal X-men.

I do sympathize with creators but again we know how the internet works and we know human behavior. Everything leaks.

As a VERY long term comic reader, long before internet / social media came about, I loved not getting spoilers. The stories were genuine surprises / shocks, and I was very invested in the comics and characters. But the world has changed, social media is now intrinsic, and spoilers will always happen. Personally I think something has been lost, but the world is as it is. I try to avoid spoilers for comics, upcoming Doctor Who 60th anniversary, and other things I enjoy as much as possible.

BANNED

I got spoiled on Dumbledore's death with an image of the page before the book was out. Since then, no spoiler can hurt me lmao

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

I got spoiled on Dumbledore's death with an image of the page before the book was out. Since then, no spoiler can hurt me lmao
    Honestly, I always read the spoilers before an issue, it allows me to assess if the issue is worth picking up. Plus, my enjoyment isn't disrupted by spoilers if anything they tend to force me to look at the text more deeply for anything I may have missed.