Page 284 of 358 FirstFirst ... 184234274280281282283284285286287288294334 ... LastLast
Results 4,246 to 4,260 of 5357
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Interesting.

Now Wednesday matters.
    Was a there a point when I said Wednesday didn't matter lol?

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

First a huge thank to Mercury!

IX was crazy, I haven't been this excited for Jean in years, I've been greatly enjoying Simonson's series and I staunchly have her as my favorite Jean writer! So it's nice to see another series directly validates everything happening in that title, both in-universe and out, many of us have had concerns around how the mini-series directly effects the current happenings. Excited for Jean to interact with this group of characters, learning more about Jean's relationship to the PF and Hope as well as how Exodus fits in all this. So many questions with many of them converging on whatever is happening with Jean.

Such a shame that as soon as Gillen gets her, we'll only have a short time more with him. Looking forward to the ride and the next issue!
    Last edited by Celestialbodies; 10-04-2023 at 02:38 PM.

"Thats not when I went wrong."

I'm considering that all this revisiting past decisions is going to lead Jean full circle back to "you should have accepted the Phoenix the first time" instead of denying it (the 80s, inferno, almost the entire 90s). Jean realizing that the thing she was most afraid of, was the thing the X-Men needed the most.

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    First a huge thank to Mercury!

IX was crazy, I haven't been this excited for Jean in years, I've been greatly enjoying Simonson's series and I staunchly have her as my favorite Jean writer! So it's nice to see another series directly validates everything happening in that title, both in-universe and out, many of us have had concerns around how the mini-series directly effects the current happenings. Excited for Jean to interact with this group of characters, learning more about Jean's relationship to the PF and Hope as well as how Exodus fits in all this. So many questions with many of them converging on whatever is happening with Jean.

Such a shame that as soon as Gillen gets her, we'll only have a short time more with him. Looking forward to the ride and the next issue!
    It would be really cool/artful if Gillen, the first Generation Hope writer, established a connection between Hope and Jean.

This is all very interesting, and reminds me of that time "Teen Jean" was in the WHR with the Phoenix in Jean Grey #11. Who's really narrating the story? One way or the other, there's a connection between the Phoenix, and Jean's mind, and the WHR. Exactly what and how is being revealed soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    It would be really cool/artful if Gillen, the first Generation Hope writer, established a connection between Hope and Jean.
    they will always be connected through the Phoenix Force but I also hope it will be articulated in more explicit manner soon. I'm also very intrigued by Gillen writing this storyline.

Jean, Hope, Rachel, Exodus, and Madelyne would make a great new Phoenix Five group. Just saying. ;-)
    Last edited by Exodus; 10-05-2023 at 05:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    they will always be connected through the Phoenix Force but I also hope it will be articulated in more explicit manner soon. I'm also very intrigued by Gillen writing this storyline.

Jean, Hope, Rachel, Exodus, and Madelyne would make a great new Phoenix Five group. Just saying. ;-)
    just redheads plez

yeah Exodus as a Phoenix doesnt work for me. He works as someone that worships the Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    just redheads plez
    Ruby Summers isnt a red head but she is RED

"No More Phoenix Five!" Been there, read it, OVER it!

Maddie has her magicks and Limbo. Rachel is making her own way and being developed as her own character.

Exodus can worship the Phoenix.

Jean should be the One to Manifest the Phoenix Force.

...yeah, I didn't mention Hope....LOL. She can help Exodus to get more people to worship the Phoenix.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post

Maddie has her magicks and Limbo. Rachel is making her own way and being developed as her own character.

...yeah, I didn't mention Hope....LOL. She can help Exodus to get more people to worship the Phoenix.
    Agreed. No more derivatives. Rachel is the only one I would accept as a legitimate heir, key focus on heir since Jean is still alive. Maddie is literally just a genetic duplicate and her only consciousness comes from Jean's reject memories. Hope is a has-been who nobody cared about the second they learned she wasn't Jean reincarnated.

Hope isnt a hasbeen. The Krakoa era has done a great job of recontextualizing and making her relevant again and Gillen especially has done great work with her. Im glad he is having her interacting with Jean again, particularly where it comes to this mystery surrounding the Phoenix. I hope he gives us some insight into her origin and confirm that she was created by the PF as once speculated and not the random mutant birth from 2 human parents that Fraction revealed

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post

If they do Phoenix Five again, can we have one of them be SPIDER-PHOENIX and make this variant cover a reality? Come on, you know you want it!

"The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Is that Miles? Where is that image from?