Page 340 of 358 FirstFirst ... 240290330336337338339340341342343344350 ... LastLast
Results 5,086 to 5,100 of 5357
    Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Rachel as Burning Bush in Dead X-Men #1 preview.

Jean, Hope, and Rachel all having religious coded Phoenix imagery recently.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteHotRoom View Post
    I was just reading all the terrible takes Tom Brevoort has on Jean. Do we think he's going to kill her again?
    I’m so sorry- I know this is an old quote I am digging up. But I was trying ti google Bree off/jean anD this came up….

But I remember when I first got into comics (bendis and teen jean Era) breevoort really stood out to me for some anti jean comments he made l(not like,,, hating on her… bud just basically making very clear he didn’t care for her).

Sure things may have changed since then. But since I hear the news of him being editor I just dread jean’s comic future.

I’d be happy ti be proven wrong. And I hate I can’t cite specific things he said. I just remember him specifically sticking out with his comments on her.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    Part II

X-Men #53. While shopping, Onslaught pulls Jean’s mind into the astral plane and exposes humanity’s hypocrisy to her. Onslaught tries to tempt Jean with her connection to the Phoenix. Instead, she blasts him with it, but he chokes out the Phoenix flame.

Side Note: Jean will manifest a pink Phoenix raptor in X-Men #70 while levitating an injured Cyclops and will use a flock of small phoenixes (or psychic birds) to rid the Mansion of Bastion’s essence while doing “psychometric housecleaning” in X-Men #71.

X-Men Hidden Years #8-9. While on a mission in space during the original X-Men years, Jean is scanned by the Phoenix Force which notes her unlimited potential. She has a vision of becoming Phoenix but she forgets as the vision fades.

Uncanny X-Men #352-357. Jean pushes her powers further (Uncanny X-Men #352), wears the green/gold Phoenix costume again (Uncanny X-Men #354) and manifests the Phoenix raptor (Uncanny X-Men #355.) Scott is worried about Jean but Beast assures him she is ok.

Side Note: Jean will continue to manifest Phoenix raptors in Wolverine #125-126, Marvel Contest of Champions II (issue #3 specifically) and Astonishing X-Men (issue #2 specifically) mini. Jean along with Lady Mastermind creates an illusion of the Phoenix in X-Men Unlimited #26. Jean will also create a psychic illusion of Dark Phoenix in Uncanny X-Men #375.

X-Men Forever #1-6 (2001) (Issues #3 and #6 especially): Prosh sends some mutants on a mission through time and space to thwart The Stranger. Jean relives key moments from Classic 8, Uncanny 137, and Classic 43. She learns that she is an Omega mutant. She also learns that her potential plus the Phoenix scared the fundamental forces of the universe because they represent a challenge to the fabric of reality. Jean uses the Phoenix Force to commune with Eternity and learns that one day humans will evolve to replace fundamental forces of the universe.

Uncanny X-Men #381-387, X-Men Unlimited #27-28: Jean manifests Phoenix effects more regularly and speaks in the Phoenix Voice. Cable is worried but Beast and Storm assures him things will be different this time. The Neo consider Phoenix to be worthy to join them and send Shockwave Riders to collect Jean. Later, Jean is attacked by some Shiar prisoners and is confronted by the last D’Bari. Jean accepts that she was at least partly responsible for Dark Phoenix. She had summoned the Phoenix and allowed their souls to merge. During this era, Jean sometimes manifests the fiery phoenix raptor and other times a pink psychic phoenix effect as her telepathic powers honed to their sharpest edge.

Search for Cyclops #1-5. Jean continues to manifest Phoenix effects (issues #1-2 specifically) and searches for Cyclops with Cable by her side. She is able to exorcise Apocalypse’ essence out of Cyclops.

New X-Men Phoenix Disinfection sublot- New X-Men #120, 121, 125, 126, 128, 133, 139, 141, 146, 148, 150, 151-154 (particularly, Planet X and Here Comes Tomorrow stories.) Jean manifests the Phoenix raptor against the U-Men and later against Cassandra Nova. Jean rescues Xavier’s mind. Xavier encounters the Phoenix Force in Jean’s mind. The Shiar believe the Phoenix is here to do some sort of disinfection and are worried. Jean discovers Scott and Emma’s affair and uses the Phoenix to go through Emma’s memories. She later reconstitutes Emma after she is shattered. After trying to rescue Wolverine from Asteroid M, Jean is euthanized by Logan, jump starting the Phoenix Consciousness within her. After being killed by Xorn/Magneto, Jean hatches from a Phoenix Egg 150 years in the future. From the future, she disinfects the world of Sublime and ascends to the White Hot Room as a White Phoenix of the Crown.

Phoenix Endsong #1-#5. The Shiar use technology to force the Phoenix out of the White Hot Room and fragments it with an event horizon. A Phoenix fragment forcibly resurrects Jean Grey, who understands that it is too soon for them to return and they are suppose to be in White Hot Room. Jean and her wayward Phoenix fragment struggle for dominancy until they realize they are pieces of each other and reunite. The X-Men’s love helps Jean become White Phoenix and she sustains them through an event horizon as she goes back to the White Hot Room.

X-Men First Class vol 2 #8. During the original X-Men years, while on a mission where they encounter Man-Thing, Jean is temporarily projected into her self in an alternate reality where she is the Phoenix and it is said to be her final incarnation and more powerful than all previous rebirths. She doesn’t understand the experience.

Uncanny X-Men First Class, #1-8 (specifically issues #5-7 the Knights of Hykon storyline). This series adds to the first Phoenix era. In the Knights of Hykon story, Jean faces a diabolical alien team that was responsible for the solar flare that led to her transformation into Phoenix.

X-Men: No More Humans. Teen Jean helps talk down an alternate reality Dark Phoenix/Jean Grey and together they use the Phoenix power to restore an alternate reality Earth and save many human lives.

Trial of Jean Grey (Guardians of the Galaxy #11-13, All New X-Men #22-24). The Shiar capture Teen Jean and try her for her crimes as Dark Phoenix which she will commit in her future and has committed in their past. Teen Jean powers up with her pink form where she absorbs psychic energy and combines her telepathy and telekinesis into a new form of psychic energy. She is able to fight off the Imperial Guard.

Side Notes: Teen Jean saw glimpses of her past including many of her Phoenix encounters through Beast’s mind in All New X-Men #5. She has a dream about being stabbed by Logan and the Phoenix manifesting in her eyes in All New X-Men #6. Teen Jean creates a psychic illusion of the Phoenix raptor in All New X-Men #13 and #14. She states she meant to project it into the bad guy’s minds, but the X-Men see it too. She will later say she projects reality while Lady Mastermind projects illusions and Jean seems to worry about her Phoenix projection in the last page of issue 14. The Phoenix is shown at the periphery of Jean’s thoughts in a panel in All New X-Men #24. Again, Jean has a nightmare about becoming Phoenix in All New X-Men #26. In All New X-Men #30, Teen Jean briefly appears as New X-Men Jean with the Phoenix while on the astral plane with Emma Frost. In X-Men Blue #35, Teen Jean has a heart to heart with Adult Jean. A possible future version of Teen Jean is shown manifesting the pink phoenix raptor.

Generations: Phoenix and Jean Grey. Teen Jean is sent into the past to meet Adult Jean/Phoenix. Adult Jean tries to explain the positive side of the Phoenix and takes Teen Jean on an adventure to save a planet and alien species from Galactus. Teen Jean uses her pink form and pink phoenix raptor to punch Galactus. Adult Jean says two Phoenixes were too much for Galactus. Tean Jean is tempted to tell Adult Jean about how Mastermind is manipulating her but the Watcher intervenes.

Jean Grey #1-11 (2017). Teen Jean has visions of the Phoenix and goes on a quest to prepare for its coming. With the help of Dr. Strange, Teen Jean unintentionally summons Ghost Jean, who helps her locate and bond with a spark of the Phoenix Force. Ultimately, Teen Jean is killed by the Phoenix but goes to the White Hot Room where she is able to take control and force the Phoenix to resurrect her.

Phoenix Resurrection: The Return of Jean Grey #1-5. Jean Grey experiences an unreal world while incubating in a giant Phoenix Egg in the Nevada desert. Meanwhile, the X-Men experience Phoenix and Jean related phenomena around the world. Jean learns that Scott is dead and her human family are all dead. The Phoenix wishes to stay bonded with Jean Grey, but she wants to be human and have a fresh start. She rejects the Phoenix which dissolves in her hands.

A.X.E. X-Men #1. The celestial Progenitor judges Jean for destroying a planet as Dark Phoenix. He informs her that she is the Phoenix, now and forever.

Side Note: In A.X.E. Eternals #1, Jean manifests fire effects and Ironman wanders if she is still Phoenix. Logan assures him that she is Jean, but she was all the fire they ever needed.

Jean Grey #1-4 (2023). After dying at the Hellfire Gala, Jean awakens in the White Hot Room and is dazed and confused. She uses her power and the nature of the White Hot Room to test alternate decisions she could have made during important moments in her past. Ultimately, she takes the Phoenix into her hands and embraces it. She uses both her pink psionic phoenix effect and the fiery phoenix force in this series.

Immortal X-Men #17-18. Jean Grey is still awakening with the Phoenix in the White Hot Room. Her mind is on fire and races with memories from her past. Exodus acknowledges that Jean has a inner connection to the Phoenix. Hope uses some Phoenix power by syncing up with Jean (also explained in Jean Grey #4). Mother Righteous has plans for Jean.

Up and Coming:

Original X-Men #1. Alternate reality Jean/Phoenix recruits the original X-Men to fight versions of themselves on an alternate Earth.

X-Men Forever 2024. What happens when the Phoenix is bleeding out to nothing?
    This really makes you think about how interesting Jean’s lore and history is

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Things seemed so promising towards the end of the Hellfire Gala kinda wish we could go back to the possibilities as what we've gotten so far is becoming lackluster for me!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    Part II

Jean Grey #1-4 (2023). After dying at the Hellfire Gala, Jean awakens in the White Hot Room and is dazed and confused. She uses her power and the nature of the White Hot Room to test alternate decisions she could have made during important moments in her past. Ultimately, she takes the Phoenix into her hands and embraces it. She uses both her pink psionic phoenix effect and the fiery phoenix force in this series.

Immortal X-Men #17-18. Jean Grey is still awakening with the Phoenix in the White Hot Room. Her mind is on fire and races with memories from her past. Exodus acknowledges that Jean has a inner connection to the Phoenix. Hope uses some Phoenix power by syncing up with Jean (also explained in Jean Grey #4). Mother Righteous has plans for Jean.

Thanks for the clarification I just read Jean Grey #4 and was puzzled as to why Jean Grey says "Hope --" in the manner she did. Moreover, what confuses me most is if this is all happening in real-time in the White Hot Room how did Exodus, Hope, and Apocalypse manage to get to the M'Kraan Crystal in the first place...
    Last edited by Micabe; 12-14-2023 at 07:12 PM.

I love the possibilities for Jean The Original X-Men #1 (2023) presents.

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

And, finally, my response to a fellow fan...

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    So unnecessarily convoluted, in a handful of panels we have at least 4 separate Jean's, 3 separate Phoenixes and it all just sounds forced! Jean as the Phoenix can't stop Jean as the Phoenix, but the much younger 05 can, sure!
    I try not to reject the premise of any story just because it convolutes or contradicts what has already been established about characters. Human beings are typically convoluted and contradictory. We are complex creatures, after all. The same applies twofold to a being—Jean/Phoenix—who is perpetually and concurrently contracting and expanding, encompassing all creation while also acting as a mere aspect of and participant in creation. These convolutions and contradictions are what make Jean, in particular, a fascinating and mysterious character. They also represent her entelechy and overall journey toward apotheosis. We rarely see Jean at the apex of her true identity and abilities. Instead, we often witness her consciously and unconsciously striving to attain or, out of fear, struggling not to reach her apex. The striving toward and struggling to stave off reaching her fullest potential makes her both thrilling and relatable. She is at once transcendent and ordinary.

And yet, we have witnessed fleeting moments of Jean at or rather near her apex. She has controlled time, space, and matter—all reality, really—with the effort it takes to wipe away a tear. She has bestowed upon and snatched away from others, both consciously and unconsciously, aspects and fragments of her unparalleled abilities in service of purposes known only to her and the One above her. With total abandon, she has wholly embraced and, with complete contempt, utterly rejected her birthright and the core of her very being. She has given life and consumed it. She has been reborn only to die and be reborn again and again. Those are the notes and chords of her song, the rhythm and movements of her dance. She is not designed for stalemates or stagnation. She is meant to thrive in and alternate between expanding and contracting, transcending and descending...again and again. That is the way of Jean; that is the way of Phoenix; that is the way of pure, unadulterated life. To wish that she reach and maintain a particular status quo is certainly to wish her true death.

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I’m so sorry- I know this is an old quote I am digging up. But I was trying ti google Bree off/jean anD this came up….

But I remember when I first got into comics (bendis and teen jean Era) breevoort really stood out to me for some anti jean comments he made l(not like,,, hating on her… bud just basically making very clear he didn’t care for her).

Sure things may have changed since then. But since I hear the news of him being editor I just dread jean’s comic future.

I’d be happy ti be proven wrong. And I hate I can’t cite specific things he said. I just remember him specifically sticking out with his comments on her.
    Brevoort's a Cyclops guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Things seemed so promising towards the end of the Hellfire Gala kinda wish we could go back to the possibilities as what we've gotten so far is becoming lackluster for me!
    Things typically aren't ambitious and well-thought-out when it comes to Jean, so it may have been a bit unfair to have high expectations lol

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Whether they acknowledge Jean being or being a part of Phoenix/Dark Phoenix or not--thanks to Classic 42, X-Men Hidden Years, X-Men First Class, and Teen Jean (with her solo, Generations Phoenix, X-Men: No More Humans, and this story, Original X-Men 1) Jean has had many Phoenix encounters even before the shuttle incident.

Also could someone remind me the issue numbers of All New X-Men or X-Men Blue where Teen Jean has heart to hearts conversations with Kitty, Scott, Emma, and Magneto? Thanks!

BANNED

Wait... I thought the O5 returned to their proper place within the timeline and retained their memories of the future which Jean used to take down Uriel and Eimin when everything came full circle... So why is it that the Phoenix Force found it necessary to restore the memories of the time the O5 spent in the future?

Last edited by Micabe; 12-14-2023 at 08:30 PM.

BANNED
    Last edited by Micabe; 12-14-2023 at 08:30 PM.

I feel illumined.

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Can someone with better knowledge of the PF than I explain this?

So the "dark" Phoenix from the other reality is more powerful than the "co-existing" Phoenix? Powerful enough that the peaceful Jean won't even dare to face the "dark" one in combat?
    A central theme in Jean/Phoenix’s story is fragmentation, which she pointed out in Phoenix Endsong (see the highlighted panel from that story above). Jean’s various Phoenix color schemes—green/gold, red/gold, black/red, pure fiery, and violet/gold—can be interpreted as representing various aspects of her psyche and identity as Phoenix, with White Phoenix—still her most powerful and transcendent manifestation—not only being, as Marvel recently noted, “a pure and powerful form representing the perfect synthesis between the Phoenix Force and Jean” but also encompassing all other color schemes, i.e., all of her other facets and fragments.

That said, I interpret this scene comprising Jean in another life, at a particular point in her journey toward apotheosis, relaying how she perceives her relationship with Phoenix to what she considers another version of herself. She did this in Simonson’s miniseries, too. Ultimately, while she is a multiversal/omniversal constant, she is still fragmented, and her perception is limited by this, causing her to believe there are infinite versions of herself separate and apart from herself. There aren't. She is, at once, concurrently embracing and denying aspects of herself at speeds and levels we can hardly comprehend. I know, it's a hell of a mind trip—heady to me, to be honest—but that's just one of the reasons she's my favorite character.

METAPHYSICALLY COMPLEX ICON. 🤌🏻

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Wait... I thought the O5 returned to their proper place within the timeline and retained their memories of the future which Jean used to take down Uriel and Eimin when everything came full circle... So why is it that the Phoenix Force found it necessary to restore the memories of the time the O5 spent in the future?

They didn't, but rather than deleting those memories Jean suppressed them and set them to return once they passed the relevant point in the timeline. At least if I am remembering correctly.
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    They didn't, but rather than deleting those memories Jean suppressed them and set them to return once they passed the relevant point in the timeline. At least if I am remembering correctly.
    That's my understanding as well which is why I'm confused -- But, if the O5 regained their memories before they arrived at their proper place in the timeline --

-- shouldn't being intercepted by the Phoenix Force and the premature restoration of their memories and Jean's telepathy alter the original plan and the events of Extermination #5?

Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    That's my understanding as well which is why I'm confused -- But, if the O5 regained their memories before they arrived at their proper place in the timeline --

-- shouldn't being intercepted by the Phoenix Force and the premature restoration of their memories and Jean's telepathy alter the original plan and the events of Extermination #5?

Which is why I presume Phoenix plans on wiping their memories once again once the O5 are done their mission.