Page 123 of 358 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133173223 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 5357

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    if she actually would indeed. getting name-dropped is not ringing any of my bells just yet. lol some of you guys are way too easily pleased. lol

We deserve a lil better than this. :-p
    I understand what you are saying.....but this is right step, the first step in that right direction.

LOL, some of us have bells that are harder to ring than others.

Jean is slowly being <seen> by Marvel as a character that they can use and are using outside of X-Men. It may be slow to some, but it is happening. It is a good thing.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I have a hunch she will!
    Yeah, I am psychic that way.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Considering that Hope had been such an insufferable brat up to this point, I really like that Jean was the one who humbled her. I think it's fitting. Someone needed to remind Hope that she can't shoot, yell, and grunt her way through every problem. Even Cable realized that. And who better to teach her that lesson than the woman who raised Cable?
    I don't know, MM. Outside the story, yes, though I like Hope, she can be insufferable at times.

I don't think Jean was trying to humble her, though. I think she was just letting Hope lash out to exhaust that anger before Jean could try to comfort her. For me it's yet another instance in which she showed how good her people skills are. Note she did not need her telepathy or a punch or a speech. She just blocked the girl's attack and remained calm. That's all it took to "diffuse" that bomb. That is real power to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    I don't know, MM. Outside the story, yes, though I like Hope, she can be insufferable at times.

I don't think Jean was trying to humble her, though. I think she was just letting Hope lash out to exhaust that anger before Jean could try to comfort her. For me it's yet another instance in which she showed how good her people skills are. Note she did not need her telepathy or a punch or a speech. She just blocked the girl's attack and remained calm. That's all it took to "diffuse" that bomb. That is real power to me.
    This is so true.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post

100% agree, it shows a maturity and Hope just needed to get her anger out. It’s shows Jeans understanding of psychology and people.

I have a feeling this upcoming era is going to be so much fun for us fans:

https://aiptcomics.com/2023/04/26/wo...te-invasion-1/

New York, NY— April 26, 2023 — Could the Ultimate Universe be returning? That’s the question on every fan’s mind as they gear up for this summer’s blockbuster comic series, ULTIMATE INVASION! Crafted by two of the comic book industry’s most innovative and exciting creators, writer Jonathan Hickman and artist Bryan Hitch, ULTIMATE INVASION will present the bold next chapter for the Ultimate Universe and beyond. The four-issue saga begins when the Maker, who has been living on Earth-616 since the destruction of the Ultimate Universe, hatches a plan to destroy—or perhaps rebuild—this universe, and the Illuminati must reunite to stop him at all costs!

To celebrate this potential return to the groundbreaking characters and stories of the Ultimate line, X-Men superstar Russell Dauterman has drawn a stunning variant cover spotlighting the Ultimate versions of Jean Grey and Wolverine! The cover depicts the fiery pair taking a breather after destroying a Sentinel before getting ready for their inevitable next battle for mutantkind.

Check out the cover now and stay tuned in the coming weeks for more ULTIMATE INVASION news. For a special sneak peek at the issue, pick up FREE COMIC BOOK DAY 2023: SPIDER-MAN/VENOM #1 at your local comic shop on May 6! For more information, visit Marvel.com.

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Jean gets a mention in the latest issue of Strange and apparently mutant telepathy leaves an arcane signature.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Jean gets a mention in the latest issue of Strange and apparently mutant telepathy leaves an arcane signature.
    Yep, I posted about it on the previous page. I love it!

Jean getting name-dropped by Clea for kicking Nightmare’s ass, and Stephen stating that mutant telepathy has an “arcane signature”—i.e., “understood by few; mysterious or secret”—is my morning espresso. ☝🏻😌 ☕️ #XSpoilers

Also, I find it telling that Clea and Stephen don't yet know about Jean's most recent encounter with Nightmare; only X-Men #4 was cited. I have a hunch Mackay is going to address their last battle in a future issue. This could lead to us learning that Jean was, in fact, either directly or indirectly responsible for the shambles made of the Nightmare Realm. Perhaps, she directly caused the damage during their last battle, but due to mutant telepathy's "arcane" signatures—to say nothing about what kind of signatures an Omega Level Telepath would leave—Clea and Stephen couldn't tell. That, or one or a few of the countless souls she awoke to torment Nightmare caused the damage. We'll see!

Most wonderful indeed!

Another new unveiled fact about our beloved Jean!

New York, NY— April 26, 2023 — Could the Ultimate Universe be returning? That’s the question on every fan’s mind as they gear up for this summer’s blockbuster comic series, ULTIMATE INVASION! Crafted by two of the comic book industry’s most innovative and exciting creators, writer Jonathan Hickman and artist Bryan Hitch, ULTIMATE INVASION will present the bold next chapter for the Ultimate Universe and beyond. The four-issue saga begins when the Maker, who has been living on Earth-616 since the destruction of the Ultimate Universe, hatches a plan to destroy—or perhaps rebuild—this universe, and the Illuminati must reunite to stop him at all costs!

To celebrate this potential return to the groundbreaking characters and stories of the Ultimate line, X-Men superstar Russell Dauterman has drawn a stunning variant cover spotlighting the Ultimate versions of Jean Grey and Wolverine! The cover depicts the fiery pair taking a breather after destroying a Sentinel before getting ready for their inevitable next battle for mutantkind.

Check out the cover now and stay tuned in the coming weeks for more ULTIMATE INVASION news. For a special sneak peek at the issue, pick up FREE COMIC BOOK DAY 2023: SPIDER-MAN/VENOM #1 at your local comic shop on May 6! For more information, visit Marvel.com.

Getting ready for Hickman to write to Jean... Again...

BANNED

Oh boy. Alternate universe. So excite.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Oh boy. Alternate universe. So excite.
    I'm not going to lie. As soon as i read that i was like i wonder if he will have her in the marvel girl costume here too. lmao
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I'm not going to lie. As soon as i read that i was like i wonder if he will have her in the marvel girl costume here too. lmao
    I don't care about Ultimate characters, or any other kinds of duplicates, really, but if she was in the dress I would have been inconsolable. You would have heard me laughing over the internet lol. Would be too funny

Classic Jean Grey Marvel Girl Ultimate Universe, except now her pants have see-thru side panels.

Beautiful red eyebrows and bright green eyes!

Jean will mostly only use her TP in this and would Hickman find a way to bring the mini skirt into the ultimate world.

Hmm… I don’t remember the metal wrist bands though.
    First X-Lady