Page 177 of 358 FirstFirst ... 77127167173174175176177178179180181187227277 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,655 of 5357

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic View Post
    Sure. But she only killed them because they were trying to kill her. Could she have let it go? Yes. The Shi'ar would have kept coming for her head though.

My point is that it would be pretty out of character for Jean to go around causing havoc, even as the Dark Phoenix.
    Although, Jean Grey as Phoenix VS. the entire Shi'Ar empire and their army would be such a cool mini series. Jean wouldn't have started it, but... =)

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic View Post
    Sure. But she only killed them because they were trying to kill her. Could she have let it go? Yes. The Shi'ar would have kept coming for her head though.

My point is that it would be pretty out of character for Jean to go around causing havoc, even as the Dark Phoenix.
    As they should. The context of her literally just destroying a sun isnt something they should have ignored. It was careless and reckless on so many levels even if she didnt know the D'Bari existed. That actually kinda makes it worse bc she abused her power in such an irresponsible way and didnt even consider the consequences and impact it would have. Thats how inconsequential and irrelevant everyone else was to her at the time when she made the selfish decision to devour that star

IA that I dont ever see her going Dark Phoenix again primarily bc she's taken full responsibility of that and constantly checks herself. She knows the damage she can do with her powers and that acknowledgement is something that is often reinforced. She's shown growth and isnt likely to make the same mistakes again
    Last edited by Havok83; 06-19-2023 at 02:20 PM.

Jean Grey is a murderer who never fully paid for her crimes of genocide against the Shi'Ar empire. I demand retribution.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Although, Jean Grey as Phoenix VS. the entire Shi'Ar empire and their army would be such a cool mini series. Jean wouldn't have started it, but... =)
    We could have had that, but Rosenberg wanted what he wanted lmao.

There's that Trial of Teen Jean story at least

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    As they should. The context of her literally just destroying a sun isnt something they should have ignored. It was careless and reckless on so many levels even if she didnt know the D'Bari existed. That actually kinda makes it worse bc she abused her power in such an irresponsible way and didnt even consider the consequences and impact it would have. Thats how inconsequential and irrelevant everyone else was to her at the time when she made the selfish decision to devour that star

IA that I dont ever see her going Dark Phoenix again primarily bc she's taken full responsibility of that and constantly checks herself. She knows the damage she can do with her powers and that acknowledgement is something that is often reinforced. She's shown growth and isnt likely to make the same mistakes again
    I think the careless and reckless part kinda comes with being abused and driven insane. It’s not an excuse by any means, but it’s a very valid reason why Jean acted the way she did.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

SDJDNjDSJfsjsbfjsbfjbs

How Jean manages to outshine the bride at her wedding, I'll never know but she looks incredible on that cover!

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I am not sure we jean grey fans have celebrated this Polaris & Jean team-up and power display moment enough! Just re-read it last night and I think this was one of the coolest Jean Grey moments in recent history!!!

Attachment 132754

The entire X-Men issue 2 was a Jean Grey love fest.
    Definitely a great moment, I wish the momentum she had in the series were more consistent. Her relationship to Lorna specifically was something I thought should have been elaborated upon, given their history, status as the first and second X-women, and dedication to the dream or even the glaring issue surrounding Jean manipulating her vote which had a rushed resolution imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Apechei View Post
    Random question:

After Dark Phoenix Saga, has Jean as Phoenix ever gone Dark again causing havoc? I know the Phoenix 5 has, but what about Jean specifically after DPS?

I've always hoped that one day the Dark Phoenix would be repurposed given a function similar to Galactus, imagine a cosmic threat so grave it required her return?
    Last edited by Celestialbodies; 06-19-2023 at 07:50 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    I've always hoped that one day the Dark Phoenix would be repurposed given a function similar to Galactus, imagine a cosmic threat so grave it required her return?
    I feel like Morrison kinda rationalized the destructive side of the Phoenix during Here Comes Tomorrow with that "burning away what doesn't work," "Phoenix Work" stuff.

If your planet/civilization is done growing, time to go bye-bye. Those bug people never got their justice against Jean, tbh lol

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I feel like Morrison kinda rationalized the destructive side of the Phoenix during Here Comes Tomorrow with that "burning away what doesn't work," "Phoenix Work" stuff.

If your planet/civilization is done growing, time to go bye-bye. Those bug people never got their justice against Jean, tbh lol

Definitely agreed, I just wish those who came afterwards used that easy out, instead they handwaved it and went tunneling towards "Phoenix is bad"!

Definitely agreed, I just wish those who came afterwards used that easy out, instead they handwaved it and went tunneling towards "Phoenix is bad"!
    its not an easy concept to understand nor something that regular characters would know. Afterall this was something revealed in HCT from the WHR amongst the other Phoenixes. A regular character seeing a planet/solar system destroyed isnt going to just accept that without trying to fight against it. We just saw that in Judgement Day.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jean looks beautiful on the cover to Emma's wedding

Loving Jeans hair here.
    First X-Lady

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

That cover art is so lazy. I hate when supers attend a function/celebration in their costumes. The very least Lucas could have done was put them in suits and dresses in their signature colours.

For example: Javier Pina's party for Carol Danvers in CM #50 was spectacular to look at. Everyone was in civilian party-wear but we still knew who was whom.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    That cover art is so lazy. I hate when supers attend a function/celebration in their costumes. The very least Lucas could have done was put them in suits and dresses in their signature colours.

For example: Javier Pina's party for Carol Danvers in CM #50 was spectacular to look at. Everyone was in civilian party-wear but we still knew who was whom.

It’s just a cover and they might show up in normal clothes. Also it’s a typical them with superheroes wearing their superheroes costumes at superheroes’ wedding

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post

As stated its just a cover. This is a highly promoted Marvel story and this serves as an advertisement so it makes sense that these characters are being shown in their costumes for the brand recognition. That works better than formal wear which can be save for the interiors

BANNED

For me, I wouldn't want Jean's actions as Dark Phoenix totally excused, as I find it more interesting and human if she is on a power trip in that moment rather than it being mind control or the purely mechanical nature of the Phoenix doing it's renewal business. But I love the headcanon idea that Jean was going to have to burn away the D'Bari eventually as part of Phoenix Work. Like, what if what happened to the D'Bari was cosmologically going to happen regardless, but the human side of Jean instigated it, and perhaps more violently than needed? "Phoenix is bad!!!" just comes off as infantile — simple — to me.

Why take a cool concept and make it super dumb and villain-of-the-week tier?
    Narrator: Because shipping!
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 06-20-2023 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    For me, I wouldn't want Jean's actions as Dark Phoenix totally excused, as I find it more interesting and human if she is on a power trip in that moment rather than it being mind control or the purely mechanical nature of the Phoenix doing it's renewal business. But I love the headcanon idea that Jean was going to have to burn away the D'Bari eventually as part of Phoenix Work. Like, what if what happened to the D'Bari was cosmologically going to happen regardless, but the human side of Jean instigated it, and perhaps more violently than needed? "Phoenix is bad!!!" just comes off as infantile — simple — to me.

Why take a cool concept and make it super dumb and villain-of-the-week tier?
    Narrator: Because shipping!
    It would be interesting if a story (perhaps her mini) shows an alternate scenario in which that star wasnt consumed and the potential massive devastation it has on the rest of the universe. Like what if the Brood had discovered and conquered the planet turning the D'Bari into Brood, massively multiplying their numbers causing them to become an overwhelming threat across the universe. The D'Bari were doomed to go extinct anyway but DP indirectly prevented destruction to other planets and life forms. It would be an interesting way to tie into what's recently been happening with Jean