Page 207 of 358 FirstFirst ... 107157197203204205206207208209210211217257307 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,105 of 5357

Finally, an amazing Phoenix figure by Mafex.

https://twitter.com/Jean_RED_Grey/st...80850753576961

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    It's okay; people are entitled to share their thoughts and feelings. But we can remain optimistic!

Also, here's a report by UncannyLZ about the X-Men '97 footage.

https://twitter.com/UncannyLZ/status...80411139686400

I'm confused, though. If Jean is pregnant, how is the baby visible...?
    From GeneTitan’s recap in the SDCC thread:

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    We were shown a clip of “X-Men 97.” We weren’t able to record. Scott & Storm are interrogating Gyrich in a holding cell. Gyrich starts talking **** & Scott says he’s not like Xavier. Jeans (without costume) enters Gyrich’s mind using Cerebro. JEAN IS PREGNANT!!
    (Storm also has dark skin-THANK YOU)
    Scene cuts to Jean (in costume) on what looks like the astral plane with Master Mold. There’s a baby crying in a cradle. Jean holds the baby.
    It seems the scene with the actual baby may be some kind of astral scene.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I was told the baby was a boy but you say its rachel. Maybe they are twins? Can you imagine? Everyone here would absolutely lose it.

I can't wait for that MAFEX Phoenix!!!! Omg. I need 2.

BANNED

That figure is something serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Jean also always seem to end up with the most basic writer in X-Men comics....Duggan also made her mainly defined by her heteronormative relationship with Scott again, while Storm, Emma, and others, became independent goddesses ruling nations. Frustrating. Absolutely frustrating.

I think Jean as a character sadly attracts normativity and the desire for a normative white cis femininity and/or monogamous heteronormative relationships.

I have to rethink why little me as a teenage fell for the character in the first place. ....
    I don't mean to say she isn't white, hetero, feminine in the way the average person might expect, etc. She is supposed to be those things, but that doesn't mean she shouldn't have the growth that other characters get. X-Men is a superhero action series about people fighting hate as they slowly evolve humanity into gods. Questions about when they quit to become normal 45-year-old soccer parents are a natural hypothetical, but literally saddling the character with a baby is a dumb move that won't be entertaining beyond the "gaaaaaaaaaw cute!" screenshots.

We have seen meggan and jubilee do this and it's not awesome content. A recent Marvel screen product did a superhero with a baby, and it was cute because it wasn't constant. If that was the status quo for the main version of the character, it would suuuck. That's why they don't do this with Spider-Man in the main series.

The annoying bit about this is that Marvel is working on keeping things consistent across the mediums. This could infect the comics.

The Red Dragon

Beautiful. Something positive amongst the Jean is pregnant plot. Grrrr

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    I hate that she was the only one to get a costume modification when they were supposed to be using their nostalgic looks.

I wanted to see the Goblin Queen too. Hopefully it's actually Madylene and not Jean, and they do something with that.
    So instead of Jean getting sidelined because she’s pregnant, she’s sidelined by proxy because she’s not even Jean at all.

God I swear sometimes certain “Jean” fans want the worst for her character whether it be something like this or to keep her a bland love shooting carebear.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    So instead of Jean getting sidelined because she’s pregnant, she’s sidelined by proxy because she’s not even Jean at all.

God I swear sometimes certain “Jean” fans want the worst for her character whether it be something like this or to keep her a bland love shooting carebear.
    This is a stupid take. That's like getting mad at the Phoenix Saga and the Dark Phoenix Saga. You hate her characters and stories that made her because you want something boring and bland for some weird reason. "Jean fans" like you wanting characters to be self-righteous just want the worst for her character. She's had so many interesting stories and events in the course of her publication to blow everyone else out of the water, and you think it's bad.

Fantastic Member

Ugh, i may be a minority here, but I would like Jean to be separated from Scott, like in a long period of time. This whole getting pregnant thing, if this make it to 616 comics, i swear.

If Scott decides to go with Jean, i hope that incident in the Hellfire Gala will change his mind, and go the exact opposite of Jean and they go their separate ways.

Let’s not get too negative yet guys till the show airs. We may feel silly finding out the pregnancy was an illusion or some future probabilities etc. I do find it interesting that Jean was chosen to be reveal in this first clip at the panel.
    First X-Lady

BANNED

WOW! They nailed the facial features for a change... I'm not into collecting action figures but, those would look awesome mounted around my computer rig.

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post

Question... Do you feel pregnancy would sideline Jean Grey or her clone(s)? As I see it any pregnant Jean Grey with her staggering abilities (sans the Phoenix Force) would be more dangerous than anyone alive on the planet if threatened with physical harm. Hell, her thoughts can destroy matter at the atomic level giving even Nimrod pause to check itself.
    Last edited by Micabe; 07-21-2023 at 08:47 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mike7171 View Post
    Ugh, i may be a minority here, but I would like Jean to be separated from Scott, like in a long period of time. This whole getting pregnant thing, if this make it to 616 comics, i swear.

If Scott decides to go with Jean, i hope that incident in the Hellfire Gala will change his mind, and go the exact opposite of Jean and they go their separate ways.
    You are in the minority, in the online message board crowd especially, but you aren't wrong.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Once she's not pregnant in the comic books without an actual supporting story-line, I'm good. Personally I couldn't care any less about XMTAS 97 because that is not "my" X-Men. If I remember correctly they were fast and loose with the plots in the first XMTAS as well so...
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 07-21-2023 at 08:51 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    This is a stupid take. That's like getting mad at the Phoenix Saga and the Dark Phoenix Saga. You hate her characters and stories that made her because you want something boring and bland for some weird reason. "Jean fans" like you wanting characters to be self-righteous just want the worst for her character. She's had so many interesting stories and events in the course of her publication to blow everyone else out of the water, and you think it's bad.
    We dont need a another it wasnt really Jean story. So you want the Jean in xmen 97 to not really be the real Jean? This benefits the character how?

There is no such thing as the real Jean. X-Men 97 is an AU. They can do whatever they want with whoever they want.