Page 40 of 358 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    With resurrection so readily available no one is getting any older so the x-office aren’t that scared anymore of time passing the x-men by
    Unless Spiderman gets resurrected too then I don't think that Marvel would do away with the sliding timeline just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by The Thunderbird View Post
    Unless Spiderman gets resurrected too then I don't think that Marvel would do away with the sliding timeline just yet.
    That’s why I specifically mentioned the x-offices and the fact that they aren’t obsessing over the issue, I don’t think they are doing away with the concept of a sliding timescale in general either.
    Last edited by Daedra; 02-03-2023 at 04:59 PM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    Resurrection, no one getting any older, Destiny was returned to a younger “more beautiful” body for Mystique. Who’d have thought xmen would be such body fascists. Goes against everything they believe in!
    Should the X-Men let their people become older and more debilitated if they can help it?

(I don't think anyone should live forever, given limited resources, but just for argument's sake)

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I was unimpressed with how Dark Web ended. I loved the X-men mini but the main event was too Spiderman focused for me and diluted things.
    And the Spidey side is horribly presented too, so nobody wins by having Spidey involved in this nonsense lol.

Going forward I wonder how much Jean and Maddie will interact especially since Jean acknowledged that they are family and both women are in a better place
    I feel Madelyne may have a soft spot for Jean after how Jean helped her, but who knows how close they may become (If that even happens).

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    Linked to the annual Gala story, does that mean marvel time line now in synch with ours?
    Only the X-Men side, and even then, I doubt it'll remain that way, sliding timescale ignores such things after a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Well, the age reset is not mandatory, it’s usually in accordance to each person wishes…see cable for example… they get a reset to what they consider their best self
    Yeah, the only one I'm aware who didn't get a say on it is Destiny, since Mystique decided to resurrect her with the age Destiny had back when they first met, but seems anyone can just choose what age their own body would be.

Quote Originally Posted by The Thunderbird View Post
    The sliding time scale is not consistent across Marvel, so what one franchise says may not be the same thing another one says, and hell, even what the same franchise says changes after a while.

Look at the different rates Franklin and Kitty aged lol.

Marvel usually says 14 years have passed since F4's debut, yet, ASM#14 vol 5 has a throwaway line where MJ says Spidey is on his mid 20's, and Black Cat#1 says the same thing about Felicia, which, would mean only 10 or 11 years have passed since F4's debut... And then apparently some issue of Wells' ASM run has Spidey be on his 30's.

So yeah, sliding time scale is a colossal headache, and not worth overthinking it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Should the X-Men let their people become older and more debilitated if they can help it?

(I don't think anyone should live forever, given limited resources, but just for argument's sake)
    I don't think it's about "letting" them, if a mutant wants to die a natural death their wishes should be respected, if someone can't even have a choice about whether or they'll eventually die for real, that'd be really fucked up.

But yeah, aside from that, the resurrection protocols already rise a bunch of ethical questions even if we ignore how the resurrected characters are just clones, right now mutants are being "resurrected" because of "unfair" deaths, but, let's say at some point they resurrect everyone who died on Genosha, what then? Are they planning to ever stop the resurrection protocols? Are the likes of the Quiet Council gonna rule Krakoa forever while people like Cyke and Jean will always be fighting for them as long as the resurrection protocols exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Just curious: Is this still a "limit" to the force or has it been forgotten?

This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Honestly I’m very conflicted about that issue, I’m totally in love with Alan Davis art, but I never enjoyed his take on the phoenix mythology
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post

Maybe a limit with Rachel...?

There is NO limit on the Pure Phoenix Force. There is also no limit with Jean Grey as Phoenix.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post

There is NO limit on the Pure Phoenix Force. There is also no limit with Jean Grey as Phoenix.
    Limit Breaker! C-C-C-Combo Breaker!

"The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Limit Breaker! C-C-C-Combo Breaker!

Lol! This is a cool pic!

"Beware Thanos! Your evil deeds are about to be over. And so are you! Bawahahahaha"

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

But this WAS the "Pure Phoenix Force", just operating in full control of Rachel's healing body. It's likely been retconned but those were the limitations the Phoenix Force said it had.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    But this WAS the "Pure Phoenix Force", just operating in full control of Rachel's healing body. It's likely been retconned but those were the limitations the Phoenix Force said it had.
    No. When the Phoenix Force is bonded or hosted, it is not "the Pure Phoenix Force". The Pure Phoenix Force is without a host or bond, in its natural state.

In this case, if it was hosted by Rachel, then it is not the Pure Phoenix Force and without limits.

No. When the Phoenix Force is bonded or hosted, it is not "the Pure Phoenix Force". The Pure Phoenix Force is without a host or bond, in its natural state.

In this case, if it was hosted by Rachel, then it is not the Pure Phoenix Force and without limits.
    So I just looked at the Wikipedia page, and it still states the following:
    "... Galactus accuses the Phoenix Force of hypocrisy and reveals to it that its existence in a corporeal state is sustained by robbing energy used to birth future generations."

"The Phoenix Force can manipulate cosmic energies and tap into the life-force reserved for future generations, which denies their existence."

So technically still accurate, just not discussed. As long as the force is corporeal or being hosted or draws on future generations for fuel.

Is this a real term, "Pure Phoenix Force"?

So I just looked at the Wikipedia page, and it still states the following:
    "... Galactus accuses the Phoenix Force of hypocrisy and reveals to it that its existence in a corporeal state is sustained by robbing energy used to birth future generations."

"The Phoenix Force can manipulate cosmic energies and tap into the life-force reserved for future generations, which denies their existence."

So technically still accurate, just not discussed. As long as the force is corporeal or being hosted or draws on future generations for fuel.

Is this a real term, "Pure Phoenix Force"?
    I know that Galactus said that to Rachel when she hosted the Phoenix Force, but it was Rachel being bonded to it and using its energies that it needed to refuel.

Also, who said that Galactus is truth incarnate? I think he just wanted to throw some shade, lol.

The Pure Phoenix Force is the PF when not attached to a host. In this instance, Rachel was a host. Galactus did not want to be told to stop feeding so he claimed Rachel caused even more damage than he does, just so she would leave him alone.

I know that Galactus said that to Rachel when she hosted the Phoenix Force, but it was Rachel being bonded to it and using its energies that it needed to refuel.

Also, who said that Galactus is truth incarnate? I think he just wanted to throw some shade, lol.

The Pure Phoenix Force is the PF when not attached to a host. In this instance, Rachel was a host. Galactus did not want to be told to stop feeding so he claimed Rachel caused even more damage than he does, just so she would leave him alone.
    But this doesn't discount that this is in fact the PF's power source. There hasn't been another panel starting this to be false, and it's being cited as true on websites.

And again, this was not Rachel in these panels. It was the Phoenix Force. In control of her body. Essentially akin to it wearing Jean's body. Rachel was dead and slowly being rebuilt by the Phoenix while it inhabited her body (to protect her child). She did not return to consciousness to several issues later when she took the mantle and power and the PF went dormant.

And this term "Pure Phoenix Force" sounds made up, unless you can point me to wear its been referenced in a book. Which I'd like to see.

But this doesn't discount that this is in fact the PF's power source. There hasn't been another panel starting this to be false, and it's being cited as true on websites.

And again, this was not Rachel in these panels. It was the Phoenix Force. In control of her body. Essentially akin to it wearing Jean's body. Rachel was dead and slowly being rebuilt by the Phoenix while it inhabited her body (to protect her child). She did not return to consciousness to several issues later when she took the mantle and power and the PF went dormant.

And this term "Pure Phoenix Force" sounds made up, unless you can point me to wear its been referenced in a book. Which I'd like to see.
    The Phoenix Force can and does feed on stars when it needs to do that for power. But it is far less often than when bound to a human host, in this case Rachel. In the Wikepedia you site, it mentions this: "The Phoenix Force disrupts Galactus' feeding process and easily defeats him. Galactus accuses the Phoenix Force of hypocrisy and reveals to it that its existence in a corporeal state is sustained by robbing energy used to birth future generations. Realizing this to be true, the Phoenix vows to return to its prior existence of "touching all that is." It needed this energy while hosted by Rachel. This means The Phoenix Force goes back to its pure form, without a host.

The Pure Phoenix Force is just meant to be the Phoenix Force as the Cosmic Avatar that it is, without a human host.
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 02-05-2023 at 08:16 PM.