Page 170 of 358 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174180220270 ... LastLast
Results 2,536 to 2,550 of 5357
    BANNED

Emma on the next cover?

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    This solicitation is all over the place, and I love it.

"The Dark Phoenix has haunted Jean Grey since it emerged from Jamaica Bay. But what if the Phoenix had chosen…someone else? The love story of Cyclops and Jean Grey is one of the most beloved in Marvel Comics' history. Now witness a legendary creator break their hearts – and their minds. But this is no 'what if.' Jean Grey is not where she is meant to be…and neither is the rest of mutantkind. Stunning secrets will be revealed as Jean Grey lays the groundwork for her next shocking appearance in 'Fall of X'!"

The part that gagged me:

https://www.gamesradar.com/is-the-ph...tent=newsarama
    I agree that this is all over the place, which may be done on purpose, in order to keep things a secret until the issues come out.

It appears the PF is entering Scott though, not Jean in the pic. I really would lose it if Jean was shown being The Phoenix again, lol.

To me, Jean was/is the only choice that the PF should have gone to, since it knew of Jean from when she was 10, and was drawn to her by her courage, her TP calling out in the vastness of space and because of Jean's unlimited potential.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

But, out of the love we have for Jean, are we willing to follow her on a journey that further separates her from Phoenix while being fully invested in and supportive of her, or are we determined to dig our heels in and slight even her if this happens?

I don't think I have to say what I will do.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

No, I would never slight Jean!

I loved her when she was simply Jean Grey, telekinetic, and woman of integrity, strength, courage and beauty. I will always be there for Jean.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    No, I would never slight Jean!

I loved her when she was simply Jean Grey, telekinetic, and woman of integrity, strength, courage and beauty. I will always be there for Jean.
    Oh, PhePhe9... 🥹 :hug:
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Oh, PhePhe9... �� :hug:
    LOL! :HUGS:

What can I say? I am so excited to see what we get!

And a great showing here could lead into a better movie and animated presence for Jean as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    LOL! :HUGS:

What can I say? I am so excited to see what we get!

And a great showing here could lead into a better movie and animated presence for Jean as well.
    I just love the breath and scope of her history and how it continues to shift and change. She's as iridescent as ever.

One thing I like about the cover -and also some recent issues of X-Men and X-Men Green: Her headpiece being drawn/colored correctly. The base should be dark green like her arms/legs, while the shape in the middle is this light lime tone like her chest.

So many artists don't make a distinction and just draw/color all of it the same.

Figured I’d post this here for future reference:

What if the solicit is referencing the other hosts Phoenix *did* choose, particularly Scott? Also, although this is more my headcanon than a real guess—a theory I’ve had for awhile—what if we learn Jean, being one with Phoenix, possessed those hosts? This is something I’ve been saying for awhile and that Bobby posted a reference for—the Crossgen Sigilverse—recently. I’d never heard of that story until Bobby referenced it, but it mirrors what I’ve been thinking about Jean and Phoenix for years.

Last edited by Mercury; 06-12-2023 at 09:05 PM.

Hey guys sorry for using Jean’s appreciation thread like this but since most of you post here I just wanted to let you know I cannot answer your dm on twitter because I exceeded the limit of 500 dms per day, so if I’m not answering that’s the reason!
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    Did any other Phoenix host have specific colors like Jean?
    I don't think we've seen meaningful exploration of the color significance of other Phoenix's...with the exception of Rachel who wore Dark Phoenix red as a fashion choice.

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Not really feeling super jazzed by that solicitation. I love Jean, Phoenix, or no Phoenix, but I don't really want to retread more of the Phoenix is all bad for Jean stuff. I know Dark Phoenix is iconic, and that we know Jean is responsible, but I hate that the narrative always seems to forget how many times Jean saved the day as Phoenix. The M'Kraan crystal, Here Comes Tomorrow, and in Endsong, Phoenix!Jean saved the Marvel universe, and the X-Men's lives.

I don't really want to see other people as Phoenix. It should be Jean or no one at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Emma on the next cover?
    This made me lol.

Amazing Member

Marguerite Sauvage shared a little preview from the Jean and Scott story in Marvel Age #1000.

https://twitter.com/S_Marguerite/sta...70619983634436

Oh man these two just look so perfect together like this!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Not really feeling super jazzed by that solicitation. I love Jean, Phoenix, or no Phoenix, but I don't really want to retread more of the Phoenix is all bad for Jean stuff. I know Dark Phoenix is iconic, and that we know Jean is responsible, but I hate that the narrative always seems to forget how many times Jean saved the day as Phoenix. The M'Kraan crystal, Here Comes Tomorrow, and in Endsong, Phoenix!Jean saved the Marvel universe, and the X-Men's lives.

I don't really want to see other people as Phoenix. It should be Jean or no one at all.
    Agreed.

This made me lol.
    The smart bet is that she's on one the covers.

I really hope this series actually has a lot of Jean content with Jean doing things. This second cover and solicit is a bad sign for multiple reasons.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I like his plot ideas sometimes, but honestly, his characters don't sound like the characters unless they are the mean and snarky ones And I think he has antiquated energy for Jean. Plus, he is kinda likely to center Cyclops in any dealings with the Phoenix, as in his previous dalliances with it. Hopefully, he will make up a cosmic power for his favorites instead and leaves Jean's alone. Isn't Emma a Lifebringer or something? That's what her previous appreciation thread title said. He should do that. And he can give Cyclops the Captain Universe power to match. Bam, cosmic power-couple!

Completely agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I don't think we've seen meaningful exploration of the color significance of other Phoenix's...with the exception of Rachel who wore Dark Phoenix red as a fashion choice.

No disrespect to Rachel but I always hated how she got the DP costume, she had no emotional attachment, it was a visual of Jean's darkest hour, and for a time it was a unique separation between Jean/Rachel. But like most of her things or story beats, writers are more interested in using other characters in place of her, looking at you Hope in the WPOTC garb!