Page 275 of 358 FirstFirst ... 175225265271272273274275276277278279285325 ... LastLast
Results 4,111 to 4,125 of 5357
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Love this. Phil Noto's work really shines with these portraits, and I think Jean looks great. Happy that Jean's eyes are green here. A lot of times in Noto's work they are blue.

I try to stay out of fandom wars, but I 100% get where Jean fans are coming from. Jean is often divorced from iconic imagery she is synonymous with. Thus far they won't let her utilize the Phoenix codename, or the Phoenix imagery, or the Pink Form Bendis introduced. Mind you this might change by the end of Jean's solo series, but as of right now, it hasn't. So I get why my fellow Jean fans feel the way they do.

That doesn't mean people need to attack Orlando, or Wanda's fans though.
    In fact, if a Wanda fan hadn't posted that panel of Wanda wrapped in pink bird-shaped energy and dragged Jean and Raven to show it off, not many people would have known about it and the drama wouldn't have started.

I think Jean and Wanda are friends/friendly, or would be if they interacted.

Jean has long had yellow and then pink Firebirds, where Jean was inside of it, so I can see where some Jean fans are confused as to what is happening. Perhaps this was not the best idea/image/animal for writers to promote and in such a similar way.

Jean and Wanda did have one brief encounter against each other early in both careers which proved each woman to be capable and powerful.

These two powerful beauties probably have much more in common than they have differences, and should not be pit against each other.

I read that some fans are afraid that Marvel will say the two are really one person who was so powerful that they divided as infants into 2 halves: Jean and Wanda. lol. I guess that would make them Wanda-Jean Grey Maximoff? Wanda-Jean the Scarlet Phoenix??
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 09-25-2023 at 06:31 AM.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    For me it is the bird energy effect as an aura that enwraps Wanda's body. She could have turned into bird but she creates here a pink aura around her body while you still see her human form as the core of the composition. That is Jean's signature look and iconography that Marvel writers keep away from her at all cost. why? No idea....

Everyone is the Phoenix these days and everyone now gets a pink bird aura except.....
    Because she's not the Phoenix at this time? Just a wild guess.

It's red/pink because that's her hex colour. And yes, Jean had a pink Phoenix construct on occasion but for the most part it was fiery orange.

You would think bird images and wrapping one's self in magic auras (birdlike or otherwise) or the colour red/pink are only exclusive to Jean. If so, somebody needs to tell firebird she owes Jean rent. And put a restraining order on Armor.

@P9...There is no confusion...that is not a phoenix construct. And those fans who think Marvel will have Jean and Wanda related are stupid.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 09-25-2023 at 07:45 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by PotniaTheron View Post
    In fact, if a Wanda fan hadn't posted that panel of Wanda wrapped in pink bird-shaped energy and dragged Jean and Raven to show it off, not many people would have known about it and the drama wouldn't have started.
    At least not until Wanda's issue dropped.

It really is a moot point because one has nothing to do with the other and some fans on Twatter are idiots and should never be taken seriously.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Armor does not look like a bird.

Firebird is goofy and unnecessary brand confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Because she's not the Phoenix at this time? Just a wild guess.
    That’s the entire point. WHY isn’t she? It’s not as if the Phoenix hasn’t been around. Everyone and his mother has been tied into it these days. Except the one true character who originated it. God forbid.

At least not until Wanda's issue dropped.

It really is a moot point because one has nothing to do with the other and some fans on Twatter are idiots and should never be taken seriously.
    your arrogant attitude is absolutely uncalled for. Go and have a nap or something...

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMan View Post
    That’s the entire point. WHY isn’t she? It’s not as if the Phoenix hasn’t been around. Everyone and his mother has been tied into it these days. Except the one true character who originated it. God forbid.
    Because a while ago when she was finally resurrected after being dead for a decade plus she herself told it to **** off. It's just obeying her orders.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I try to stay out of fandom wars, but I 100% get where Jean fans are coming from. Jean is often divorced from iconic imagery she is synonymous with. Thus far they won't let her utilize the Phoenix codename, or the Phoenix imagery, or the Pink Form Bendis introduced. Mind you this might change by the end of Jean's solo series, but as of right now, it hasn't. So I get why my fellow Jean fans feel the way they do.

That doesn't mean people need to attack Orlando, or Wanda's fans though.

Agreed on all points, I don't really have an opinion on the Wanda situation. But I can't help thinking why are so many other characters allowed to fully embrace aspects of themselves, or grow into new ones. Jean isn't often given such freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Agreed on all points, I don't really have an opinion on the Wanda situation. But I can't help thinking why are so many other characters allowed to fully embrace aspects of themselves, or grow into new ones. Jean isn't often given such freedom.
    Because her story didn't call for it then and doesn't call for it...at this time.

Which from a character development perspective does make sense. Jean rejected it after Resurrection for good reason, reasons she wasn't ready to come to terms with and accept...years later, she's been written far stronger mentally, emotionally and psychically to accept the PF now if she chooses...which is where the story is potentially leading her.
    Sure it took far longer than some fans would have liked but in a sense it had to play out as it did for that moment, if it happens, to actually mean something.

As fans and readers we get so hung up on how we want the story to be told (they attack writers on Twatter with the most inane speculations) we completely forget that the writers have already planned how and when the story will be told.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Because her story didn't call for it then and doesn't call for it...at this time.

Which from a character development perspective does make sense. Jean rejected it after Resurrection for good reason, reasons she wasn't ready to come to terms with and accept...years later, she's been written far stronger mentally, emotionally and psychically to accept the PF now if she chooses...which is where the story is potentially leading her.
    Sure it took far longer than some fans would have liked but in a sense it had to play out as it did for that moment, if it happens, to actually mean something.

As fans and readers we get so hung up on how we want the story to be told (they attack writers on Twatter with the most inane speculations) we completely forget that the writers have already planned how and when the story will be told.
    But I don't think this was my point, I genuinely don't care if Jean gets the PF or not nor am I hung up on the in story reasons for her not having it now. Jean's always had a very nebulous relationship with the PF depending on what era she was in. My focus has always been the progression of Jean, and unfortunately her story does tend to "reset" just as she's is entering the next phase of who she wants to be. It's then frustrating how consistently Jean is reverted or pushed back from gradual story progression. Whether that ties to the PF idk, but for me it's always been odd that many of her peers iconography is played to their strengths. But with Jean it is solely tied to her being divorced from apart of herself.

Wanda having bird imagery doesn't bother me, but I have always found it odd how rarely they will allow Jean.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    But I don't think this was my point, I genuinely don't care if Jean gets the PF or not nor am I hung up on the in story reasons for her not having it now. Jean's always had a very nebulous relationship with the PF depending on what era she was in. My focus has always been the progression of Jean, and unfortunately her story does tend to "reset" just as she's is entering the next phase of who she wants to be. It's then frustrating how consistently Jean is reverted or pushed back from gradual story progression. Whether that ties to the PF idk, but for me it's always been odd that many of her peers iconography is played to their strengths. But with Jean it is solely tied to her being divorced from apart of herself.

Wanda having bird imagery doesn't bother me, but I have always found it odd how rarely they will allow Jean.
    The progression and iconography are too at odds with the Mary Jane role that old/traditionalist/regressivist/whatever editors see as the ultimate destiny (besides death) for Jean. The same reason her story had to end altogether anytime they wanted to give their favorite character a new love interest. It's shipping and sexual politics. It would be like making Mary Jane a superhero on par with Thor or progressing her to become a powerful mover-and-shaker in the Marvel universe while Spider-Man remains street-level. That just is never going to fly with some, and some of that some is usually in the X-office lol.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 09-26-2023 at 03:55 PM.

BANNED

JG #2 cracked me up, man. That ish was hilarious in multiple ways when it was not trying to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    JG #2 cracked me up, man. That ish was hilarious in multiple ways when it was not trying to be.
    uh oh,...I was afraid that this issue would be absolutely garbage...let's wait for some optimistic superfans here to put their positive spin on it...

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    uh oh,...I was afraid that this issue would be absolutely garbage...let's wait for some optimistic superfans here to put their positive spin on it...
    oh pleaz, tell the names

anigif_enhanced-15173-1444993016-33_preview.jpg