Page 287 of 358 FirstFirst ... 187237277283284285286287288289290291297337 ... LastLast
Results 4,291 to 4,305 of 5357

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We’ve gotten fresh insight into Jean’s feelings regarding her time-displacement, Scott, Logan, and her identity as Phoenix. Not to mention, there have been clues to how deeply her identity as Phoenix runs, particularly with some of her choice words. Some of these insights and clues have been obvious, and some of have been subtle. Then again, I would expect nothing less than oversimplifications and irreverent complaining from you.
    I love how we pretend to know each other. Let's become forum's archenemies then. ;-p Can I become your Goblin Queen, hon'?!

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Icefanatic View Post
    It's a mystery, and Jean is trying to solve it. The first issue sets it up and then takes us to the first Red Herring, issue two the second, and three will be another. We know that in advance because of the solicitations and interviews and whatnot, Jean doesn't. Along the way we get adventures playing out in a series of 'what ifs' that fans have pondered. What if the Time-Displaced 05 didn't give up their memories of the future? What if Wolverine had piloted the shuttle? Maybe issue three will be 'what if Jean hadn't rejected the Phoenix returning the borrowed part of her soul that ultimately brought Madelyne Pryor to life? And we are learning more about the Phoenix along the way which will likely inform the ending.

I think the structure would have worked better if Jean were working backwards instead of forward, but I also think Maddie's turn to the dark side will be relevant to the reveal of Jean's ultimate foe, which is likely the figure who put a slave collar on Jean in the White Hot Room and looks like Apocalypse because that's what Exodus's idea of what Satan looks like.

You all know my theories...
    I know, it's bad etiquette to quote yourself but it also saves repeating yourself. I was thinking back on the first issue of S.W.O.R.D. (2020) and I can't help but wonder if who 'Apocalypse' is has something to do with what looks like a serpentine creature coiled around the White Hot Room.

Here’s a very recent interview with Weezie in which she talks about Jean’s mini starting at the 34-minute mark. She reveals that Jean is, in fact, creating “real” alternate realities, and admits she isn’t sure yet if they exist solely in the White Hot Room, which she defines, interestingly enough, as “the nexus of the Phoenix and Jean’s…cosmic…[adorable hand gestures]…entity or whatever.” (Did Weezie slip…? 👠 ) She also states we’ll learn some new things about the Phoenix Force and that Jean will also reexamine a specific moment at the Gala. I watched this last night, so I’ll have to watch it again to summarize it properly.

Last edited by Mercury; 10-10-2023 at 04:53 AM.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Here’s a very recent interview with Weezie in which she talks about Jean’s mini starting at the 34-minute mark. She reveals that Jean is, in fact, creating “real” alternate realities, and admits she isn’t sure yet if they exist solely in the White Hot Room, which she defines, interestingly enough, as “the nexus of the Phoenix and Jean’s…cosmic…[adorable hand gestures]…entity or whatever.” (Did Weezie slip…? �� ) She also states we’ll learn some new things about the Phoenix Force and that Jean will also reexamine a specific moment at the Gala. I watched this last night, so I’ll have to watch it again to summarize it properly.

She's so adorable. I want to be her friend! :)

Thanks for sharing.

Interviewer: "Im a casual X-Men fan and more of a DC reader"

Louise: "Haha...I can tell"

LOL at her casual shade as he was getting several facts wrong that she checked him on

Here’s a very recent interview with Weezie in which she talks about Jean’s mini starting at the 34-minute mark. She reveals that Jean is, in fact, creating “real” alternate realities, and admits she isn’t sure yet if they exist solely in the White Hot Room, which she defines, interestingly enough, as “the nexus of the Phoenix and Jean’s…cosmic…[adorable hand gestures]…entity or whatever.” (Did Weezie slip…? �� ) She also states we’ll learn some new things about the Phoenix Force and that Jean will also reexamine a specific moment at the Gala. I watched this last night, so I’ll have to watch it again to summarize it properly.

I think Weezie might have just added a little bit more into the Phoenix/Jean mythos...

Yeah, she was cute with her description and cosmic-y hand gestures.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I'm enjoying the mini for what it is. It could be worse - it could be more like the recent Storm mini and some of the others. I like that it ties into the current storyline -it feels more relevant. I like that we are getting glimpses into Jean's mind and what she is feeling. That has been a major criticism some of you have with modern comic storytelling - we don't know what the characters think about certain things or how they feel. We get that here.

Jean's story will continue in Immortal, but that doesn't mean the Simonson mini is less worthy. It is basically the bridge between Jean dying at the Gala and her return in Immortal X-men, and who knows it may inform what is going on with Jean and the Phoenix (we will have to wait until the final issue to find out).

I know some don't like what if stories or anyone else with the Phoenix stories but remember what Simonson was originally asked to do - tell a story about her past stories but she's doing a little more than that which is a good thing.

I like that Jean is thinking about her past and going over how things could have been different. She's finding that she has made some right decisions even if they've been tough/hard. I'm definitely looking forward to the final issue (and the next Immortal issue).

I gotta agree, I'm LOVING this mini series because it's doing the exact thing at least for this fan I've been asking for, for years. It's giving Jean's actions a reason, and motive. I also love that, Simonson's mini is Jean focused it is solely about her journey from her POV. I love the connectivity of the mini and IXM, because they're both telling their own stories which have now started to converge on one another and as the mystery deepens, answers are slowly being revealed and as a fan of Jean I can't ask for anything more.

Also, Simonson has firmly become my FAVORITE voice for Jean, of all time!

I'm gonna wait for the next two issues to say. I thought issue one was GREAT. I think regardless of how much it "matters", sometimes a single issue telling good a full story (in a way that works and feels complete to the reader, which it did to me) is commendable in itself. The second issue though was completely underwhelming. It almost felt like the opposite of the first issue to me: It didn't work as its own one-shot story.

I hope #3 is better (it probably will because I LOVE the Jean/Maddie showdown in Inferno), but even if not I think issue #4 issue is gonna "actually matter" and bring something exciting to explore in Immortal #17, so it's gonna be a 2 out of 4 at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    She's so adorable. I want to be her friend!

Thanks for sharing.
    She really is adorable. Truly ebullient. I'd like to be her friend, too. ::teary-eyed smile:: And you're welcome, love!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I think Weezie might have just added a little bit more into the Phoenix/Jean mythos...

Yeah, she was cute with her description and cosmic-y hand gestures.
    I agree on both counts!

On a side note, I bid you all goodnight with this wonderful little scene between Jean and Logan, which I think illustrates their deep friendship beautifully. From Wolverine #65 (1993):

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Simonson does a great a job with Jean's characterization and dialogue. It was exciting to see Jean's solo tie into Immortal, and the mystery around what it going on with Jean is probably the most intriguing thing that's happened to Jean since her return in Phoenix Resurrection.

Very cool to see the X-Office invested in Jean's character, and building her towards something.

I know, it's bad etiquette to quote yourself but it also saves repeating yourself. I was thinking back on the first issue of S.W.O.R.D. (2020) and I can't help but wonder if who 'Apocalypse' is has something to do with what looks like a serpentine creature coiled around the White Hot Room.

It looks like a Bayonetta monster.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Hmm...Shuma-Gorath?

"The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Hmm...Shuma-Gorath?

Hey, that is what I thought too!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!