Page 140 of 358 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142143144150190240 ... LastLast
Results 2,086 to 2,100 of 5357

With Jean solo coming in august I wonder if nightmare was hinting something

86522DB1-ED39-47FE-B8AD-78C4C54D2A08.jpg

Yeah...sure sounds like it....
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    On off topic note, with closure of the Marvel Comics app, and being forced to use Marvel Unlimited App, how do I purchase digital comics? Simple instructions please!
    As Kitty noted, you can purchase digital copies on Amazon and read them on Kindle, Comixology, and Marvel Unlimited, which has begun to immediately transfer digital purchases to your MU library.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Thank you for explaning everything to everyone so eloquently and on-point and for all of the scenes.

I agree with the bolded sentence above: let us enjoy this great Jean moment!
    Amen.

Quote Originally Posted by Braxxer View Post
    With Jean solo coming in august I wonder if nightmare was hinting something

86522DB1-ED39-47FE-B8AD-78C4C54D2A08.jpg
    A few people interpreted this as him referring to her “split” from Scott due to his death.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

The Red Dragon

I need Jean to finally own up to her words and deconstruct Nightmare once and for all. F around and find out.!

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    I need Jean to finally own up to her words and deconstruct Nightmare once and for all. F around and find out.!
    You little minx! As per our convo on Twitter, tell me—tell us ALL—how thrilled you are about the new solo. ☝🏻😌
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    You little minx! As per our convo on Twitter, tell me—tell us ALL—how thrilled you are about the new solo. ☝🏻😌
    Very excited! Hoping she fully embraces her phoenix side and no more denying it and fully come to terms with it. She should just be Phoenix whether she is using the force or not. She should come out of this stronger, more confident, whole and ready to lead the X-Men out of fall of X as the solicits imply.

Keeping my hopes up.

The Red Dragon

Oh can we get some Russell Dauterman and and Luka Werneck alternate covers? They’re such big Jean stans.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    A few people interpreted this as him referring to her “split” from Scott due to his death.
    But now considering jean is going to have a lonely journey to save Krakoa and nightmare said 1 becomes 2 and still mutantkind loses makes me wonder if jean wont “share” Phoenix with Hope. Idk how their breakup could lead to “mutants still lose”

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Very excited! Hoping she fully embraces her phoenix side and no more denying it and fully come to terms with it. She should just be Phoenix whether she is using the force or not. She should come out of this stronger, more confident, whole and ready to lead the X-Men out of fall of X as the solicits imply.

Keeping my hopes up.
    I'm making a concerted effort to remain neutral, pragmatic, and receptive to this new chapter in Jean's history without burdening it too much with what I want and expect. After all, according to the solicitation for this miniseries, this story is not only central to Fall of X but presents Jean as someone who "holds the key to rescue mutantkind," which is already a very tall order. That said, by this point, I know the thought has run through most of our minds that this "key" is Jean's identity as or connection to Phoenix, whichever you subscribe to. However, I'm admittedly torn between believing that this story will reveal and depict her embracing that she is Phoenix, "now and forever, and holding my horses, so to speak.

Obviously, at this juncture in Jean's story, anything is possible. Consequently, I must acknowledge the possibility that her identity as Phoenix will be either kept ambiguous, further muddled or retconned again entirely. Moreover, I must actively entertain these possibilities, however much they may unsettle me, particularly if I indulge in imagining the potential outcomes I find most satisfying and rewarding. But, more importantly, I have to ask myself: What does Jean manifesting Phoenix again or being explicitly separated from Phoenix mean to me and my love of and for this character? I suppose all Jean fans have to do this. And, as I have said before, my interest in and passion for Jean is not dependent on her identity as Phoenix. Ultimately, I am beyond exhilarated that she is getting this level of focus and respect, and I am willing to enthusiastically follow her wherever she goes next, even over the proverbial precipice, if need be.

Power of X-Men podcast host Dayspring—a big Jean fan—offers an inciteful and pragmatic reaction to this miniseries while voicing both what he fears and hopes this story will cover. It's definitely worth a watch, and I have a hunch many of you will feel heard and understood watching it.

Quote Originally Posted by Braxxer View Post
    But now considering jean is going to have a lonely journey to save Krakoa and nightmare said 1 becomes 2 and still mutantkind loses makes me wonder if jean wont “share” Phoenix with Hope. Idk how their breakup could lead to “mutants still lose”
    Well, if we consider that Scott likely dies before the "fall" begins, what Nightmare foretells seems just right. In fact, Scott's death, along with whatever else happens at the Gala, will likely be the catalyst to the fall.

BANNED

In this video, the YouTuber said "apparently in the White Hot Room, but no, apparently she was just dead."

Sometimes it does help to hear a truthful message from a different voice I guess lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    In this video, the YouTuber said "apparently in the White Hot Room, but no, apparently she was just dead."

Sometimes it does help to hear a truthful message from a different voice I guess lol
    He also says about his reaction to A.X.E.: X-Men #1, "We already knew Jean was the Phoenix, and the Phoenix is Jean. I mean, that's something that's long been established since Here Comes Tomorrow and to Phoenix Endsong." The moment starts at around 4 minutes and 5 seconds.

BANNED

lol true he did

I am hopeful for good things, interesting revelations and tie-ins to some past experiences as well as new info for Jean.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I’m glad they are giving stories to other characters like Jean. Back in the day these types of stories focused and went to Logan Wolverine.
    First X-Lady

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    I’m glad they are giving stories to other characters like Jean. Back in the day these types of stories focused and went to Logan Wolverine.
    Back in the day like you mean last years X Lives/X Deaths of Wolverine? Outside of that, I do appreciate that he has not been a focal figure of the current Krakoa era