Page 206 of 358 FirstFirst ... 106156196202203204205206207208209210216256306 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,090 of 5357
    Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

I hate that she was the only one to get a costume modification when they were supposed to be using their nostalgic looks.

I wanted to see the Goblin Queen too. Hopefully it's actually Madylene and not Jean, and they do something with that.

Spectacular Member

All this hate about Jean pregnant is really sad to read, it really sounds like being a woman and pregnant is the worst it can happen.
    Having a baby doesn't make you incompetent, besides in x-factor it was shown how Jean and Scott took care of baby Nathan while also fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Jean is not the mother of Rachel. That was Jean of E-811. Jean is not the birth mother of Cable. That was her clone Maddie Pryor. Jean was not pregnant in 1997 nor in 2023. The show is not following the comics 100, so that thinking is flawed. And whether they were following the comic to any degree or not, they can always make the show whatever they want, but this is what they are doing.

My point is, the idea doesn't come out of nowhere and doesn't contradict what we've seen in the comics. It is simply a version where the "project" becomes a reality. Looks like they decided to take the same kind of freedom/bold choices they did in DC's Young Justice. Pregnant Jean is a version of her that we have never seen in any media, why be so against the idea without knowing anything else about the show?

Personally, I don't particularly like the idea, but I'm really curious to see it.

Jean pregnant could be soo cool buut this "Jonathan Hickman designed a six year STORY Krakoa" NOOOOOOOO

I'm guessing Jean will be preggo a few episodes and have the baby and by midseason they will have to send him to the future to save him. Only for him to come back the next episode as cable and then everyones like, oh that big dude weve know all this time is actually our son!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Jean also always seem to end up with the most basic writer in X-Men comics....Duggan also made her mainly defined by her heteronormative relationship with Scott again, while Storm, Emma, and others, became independent goddesses ruling nations. Frustrating. Absolutely frustrating.

I think Jean as a character sadly attracts normativity and the desire for a normative white cis femininity and/or monogamous heteronormative relationships.

I have to rethink why little me as a teenage fell for the character in the first place. ....
    She was literally designed to be the main characters girlfriend. I hate to say it but its true. Let's just be happy she was able to develop as a character and gain autonomy and break out. And btw the bf was literally designed to be the archtypal straight laced superhero lead of the time he was created, even if he was troubled with his powers [bc marvel]. A stark contrast to the antihero badboy of a decade later like Wolverine. Sadly Cyclops has not been allowed to grow either and has regressed.
    Last edited by BESTXMAN; 07-21-2023 at 03:44 AM.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

The Dark Phoenix Saga was the best comic animation media ever made next to Batman: Mask of the Phantasm. They must give a an INFERNO saga with this baby and not just a Terminator story for Cable. They need to continue with another Jean story and not jump to the 2000's with Morrison's Jean death and the rest.

Also, I hope they don't make X-Men '97 too modern, but given the refurbished looks, they already have, and they're just selling us their skins like Fortnite to sell this to millennials and older. It's impossible to recreate what was and instead of doing something completely brand new, they chose to go back to this era. I also hope they don't do too much original content and use the comics as a base like they did in the 90's.

I have my concerns but I’m hoping Jean gets a good storyline and breaks the image of her original 90s cartoon run esp if she gets to save the day.
    First X-Lady

Quote Originally Posted by Dam View Post
    All this hate about Jean pregnant is really sad to read, it really sounds like being a woman and pregnant is the worst it can happen.
    Having a baby doesn't make you incompetent, besides in x-factor it was shown how Jean and Scott took care of baby Nathan while also fighting.
    than maybe read most comments AGAIN because that is not what those comments are saying.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Super meh on Jean being pregnant, and I think it's a disappointing place to reintroduce, and start, with the character.

The animated series has a lot to do to win me over when it comes to their Jean, and having her spend some (if not all) of their short season pregnant, is quite frankly disappointing. I wouldn't say it's OOC for Jean to want that (seeing as how this is very 90s inspired), and particularly for TAS universe depiction of Jean, but I wish they could have ended their series that way, not start with it. If they had waited to end their series with Jean being pregnant, I'd be fine with that, because show's are meant to have a conclusion, but I hate that's how Jean's character on the show is going to start. It's clear that Jean will still have a role to play (given that people saw her using Cerebro, and on the astral plane), but I was hoping for something more exciting overall, and I don't think a baby plot is going to allow that. Would be very happy to be wrong, but given the track record of the show, I don't know if I will be.

Maybe it'll only be the last couple of episodes, or maybe there is more to this then what we know. But right now, I wish this show really wasn't coming back lol.

Also, I wonder if this is why Jean might not have any of the merchandise, particularly action figures. If Jean's pregnant for most of the season, and wanting to live a normal life, I can see Hasbro skipping over Jean until a later season.

Y’know, the beauty of telepathy and Telekinesis is that Jean doesn’t have to do anything physical in order to be involved in the action and excitement.

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    Jean pregnant could be soo cool...
    Yes! Despite how other pregnant characters might have been treated in other mediums in the past, I am looking ahead, and this could be a wonderful and surprising development for Jean. And something tells me, as someone else intimated above, that the powers that be might be giving her aspects of Madelyne's story, which would be fascinating and ultimately adheres to Claremont's final vision for those two. (Everyone knows, as the Simonsons admitted, that he created Madelyne to be a doppelganger of Jean and did with her what he wanted to do with Jean.) That said, in the end, this is the cartoon and nothing over which to work oneself into a tizzy. Incidentally, I listed her being pregnant as one of the possibilities for the "news" Scott tells her to share with everyone at the Gala before he darts off to the Treehouse:

https://twitter.com/Jean_RED_Grey/st...53729968021505

What could Jean and Scott’s “news” be? Did Scott, like Jean, decide to refrain from submitting his name as a candidate in the new-team election? Are they having a baby, perhaps Rachel? Are they renewing their vows and reestablishing their marriage?

While I understand and can empathize with fans' fear, anger, and pessimism to a certain degree, I'm more focused on the increasing focus and respect that Jean has received in the last two years. All anyone has to do is think back to where she was at the start of the Krakoan era and compare that to where she is now. It's been quite a leap forward and wonderful to behold. Not only have most of the things fans were complaining about back then—her regression to the Marvel Girl garb and moniker, her lack of prominence, and the undermining of her abilities—been rectified, but her story has also taken and promises to continue to take some surprising and intriguing twists and turns. Besides, Jean is long past being a character that needs to be fleshed out and established. Her intricate and fascinating history precedes her. She's a star, icon, and legend; as Sylvia Plath once wrote, she's a white-hot "flying myth."

Ultimately, I pity and sympathize with those fans who can't find anything to enjoy about her in the present era, but I'm also extremely grateful I'm not one of them.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

One last thing about the cartoon: I believe what Beau said and intimated, i.e., that Jean would have a powerful showing and that fans shouldn't worry about her receiving the treatment she did during the series’ original run. A few out-of-context details haven't changed that for me.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Ultimately, I pity and sympathize with those fans who can't find anything to enjoy about her in the present era, but I'm also extremely grateful I'm not one of them.
    Yes, even the slightest thing generate complains

Quote Originally Posted by Dam View Post
    Yes, even the slightest thing generate complains
    It's okay; people are entitled to share their thoughts and feelings. But we can remain optimistic!

Also, here's a report by UncannyLZ about the X-Men '97 footage.

https://twitter.com/UncannyLZ/status...80411139686400

X-Men 97 recap:

Animation style wasn’t what I expected. It was kinda jarring Idk. Voice actors were great! Jean Grey is pregnant (the baby looked like Rachel), Cyclops clears!! He IS the X-Men. They made sure to show Storm is dark skinned this time.
    I'm confused, though. If Jean is pregnant, how is the baby visible...?