Page 239 of 358 FirstFirst ... 139189229235236237238239240241242243249289339 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,585 of 5357

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Those werent teases of Jean becoming Phoenix

1. Maybe I can see how you might view it for the teen solo but Teen Jean had an expiration date. She was never going to become Phoenix bc she had to be sent back to the past. The premise of the book was about her preparing for its inevitable retuirn so she wouldnt bond with it and in the end she didnt

2. And again PR was teh very story that made it clear that Jean wasnt going to be Phoenix. She did bond with it so it wasnt an actual tease but the resolution to that set the status quo for her which has been maintained up until now.

3. What oneshot? Generations? Again how was that a tease that she was going to become Phoenix. It was never framed as that. All the Generation oneshots were promoted as a legacy character going to the past to interact with the OG. Considering Teen Jean already had a Phoenix plotline going in her book, she actually bonding with the Phoenix and bringing that to present day, was never going to happen

4. I'll give you this and not so much bc of the covers but because of the solicits. We know she is going to deal with her past and the PF. She potentially becoming Phoenix feels like more of a possibility now bc the X-office now has access to it again since Echo has been stripped o it
    1. In Jean Grey (2017), teenage Jean overpowers Phoenix, takes control of the White Hot Room, and resurrects herself. Not to mention the fact that her adult spirit—a fragment of herself, as I see it—reminds her that she and Phoenix are one and the same (see the issue of this series guest starring Doctor Strange).

2. In Phoenix Resurrection (2017), Jean, once again, overpowers the Phoenix and sends it away. Or does she repress it?

3. Generations: Phoenix & Jean Grey #1 reestablishes that Jean was always Phoenix and ignores the cocoon bit.

It always strikes me how some fans build their own narratives to fit this notion that EvErYoNe iS OuT tO UnDeRmInE Jean!!alkdj! It's a tired accusation; one that overlooks the great development she received after her return and within the last two years or so. Not to mention the fact that she's been the only person shown capable of overpowering and controlling Phoenix. Then again:

I'd much rather focus on what lies ahead.
    Last edited by Mercury; 08-17-2023 at 09:23 PM.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    1. In Jean Grey (2017), teenage Jean overpowers Phoenix, takes control of the White Hot Room, and resurrects herself. Not to mention the fact that her adult spirit—a fragment of herself, as I see it—reminds her that she and Phoenix are one and the same (see the issue of this series guest starring Doctor Strange).

2. In Phoenix Resurrection (2017), Jean, once again, overpowers the Phoenix and sends it away. Or does she repress it?

3. Generations: Phoenix & Jean Grey #1 reestablishes that Jean was always Phoenix and ignores the cocoon bit.

It always strikes me how some fans build their own narratives to fit this notion that EvErYoNe iS OuT tO UnDeRmInE Jean!!alkdj! It's a tired accusation; one that overlooks that great development she received after her return and within the last two years or so.

I'd much rather focus on what lies ahead.
    and how did I do that? I stand by what I said in that there wasnt any real possibility of Jean being Phoenix going forward until now and again thats primarily bc the Avengers office no longer has a hold on it. Using and acknowledging her connection with the PF isnt always a tease that she's gonna bond to and become the Phoenix

and how did I do that? I stand by what I said in that there wasnt any real possibility of Jean being Phoenix going forward until now and again thats primarily bc the Avengers office no longer has a hold on it. Using and acknowledging her connection with the PF isnt always a tease that she's gonna bond to and become the Phoenix
    I wasn't referring to you, love. Just clarifying some points in your post, which I was also bouncing off of. I'm sorry I didn't make that clear. 🙏🏻
    Last edited by Mercury; 08-17-2023 at 09:54 PM.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

I wasn't referring to you, love. Just clarifying some points in your post, which I was also bouncing off of. I'sorry I didn'take that clear. ����
    No worries and thanks for clearing it up. Is her solo out next week? All them preview images gave me the impression that it would have been yesterday

No worries and thanks for clearing it up. Is her solo out next week? All them preview images gave me the impression that it would have been yesterday
    Yep, #1 drops 8/23, followed by #2 on 9/27, #3 on 10/25, and #4 on 11/15.

With Jean Grey's solo series less than a week away, the time is right for me to finally drop a video I've been working on for a month now. I'd been planning to do a video like this for a while. But with so many big things happening with Jean in the comics, I think the timing couldn't be better. This video specifically highlights how Jean came back in Phoenix Resurrection and why her return mattered so much. It also touches on why it was so frustrating for so many years, seeing Marvel insist on keeping her dead for so long. It's probably one of my most ambitious videos to date. And I really hope Jean fans appreciate it. Enjoy!

Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Thanks. Im looking forward to it!

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    I've never gotten a real reasons surrounding exactly why the direction they went was chosen? I know the creators mentioned they were instructed to downplay her, how that spiraled into what the character became is a shame. We know they did their research because they'd reference stories past and fairly recent in the context of the show. Too bad we could have gotten some amazing visuals, we'll always have the Phoenix and Dark Phoenix Saga.
    Maybe they only research the stan Lee/pre-Phoenix era. A weak Jean would give them a reason story wise to have her in the background while Beast is away doing research in the lab since Marvel ask to not use them a lot. Sometimes I wonder if Catherine D. only got real voice over work during the Phoenix/Dark Phoenix episodes? Unless they utilized her voice for other characters, I can’t imagine she had a lot to do.
    First X-Lady

I hope each issue is bettet than the last one as it takes us through the Fall....
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    With Jean Grey's solo series less than a week away, the time is right for me to finally drop a video I've been working on for a month now. I'd been planning to do a video like this for a while. But with so many big things happening with Jean in the comics, I think the timing couldn't be better. This video specifically highlights how Jean came back in Phoenix Resurrection and why her return mattered so much. It also touches on why it was so frustrating for so many years, seeing Marvel insist on keeping her dead for so long. It's probably one of my most ambitious videos to date. And I really hope Jean fans appreciate it. Enjoy!

This is a beautiful homage/retrospective, Jack. You're so talented!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I hope each issue is bettet than the last one as it takes us through the Fall....
    I have no doubt! After reading the preview for #1, I'm convinced we're in good hands and that Weezie has a good story to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by The Thunderbird View Post
    Something that I noticed that while all the other Fall of X books (except Invincible Iron Man) have tarnished title font, Jean Grey's title is not tarnished at all.
    I don't think the newest JEANxGREY logo lends itself to the tarnish effect as the other FALL OF X books do - too flat?
    Which brings to mind the history of Jean's (non-Phoenix) logos...
    Jean Grey logos.jpg

Any others?
    Last edited by Thirteen; 08-18-2023 at 10:13 AM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

A fan asked X-Men 97's showrunner if Jean would be getting any merchandise from Hasbro, and Beau said that she would be. Jean would be included in series/wave 2 of the action figure line, and was being held back for a reason.

So it looks like we will be getting a Jean action figure, but it's not coming out till later. I'm guessing the reason behind it being held back is that it shows Jean being pregnant, like how the Spider-Woman/Jessica Drew figure was.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    A fan asked X-Men 97's showrunner if Jean would be getting any merchandise from Hasbro, and Beau said that she would be. Jean would be included in series/wave 2 of the action figure line, and was being held back for a reason.

So it looks like we will be getting a Jean action figure, but it's not coming out till later. I'm guessing the reason behind it being held back is that it shows Jean being pregnant, like how the Spider-Woman/Jessica Drew figure was.
    Lmao that is hilarious/unfortunate

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post

Probably with a lil baby action figure, lol!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

This theory of mine is probably stupid, but what if the Jean we meet in Immortal X-Men 17 (”something is very wrong with Jean...or is it something very right?”) is actually the Phoenix force, without a body? Jean has become the actual Phoenix force, but for some reason she cannot form a physical body, and that is why she as the Phoenix force uses Hope and/or Exodus as a host.