Page 356 of 358 FirstFirst ... 256306346352353354355356357358 LastLast
Results 5,326 to 5,340 of 5357
    The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    Just had a snap thought...

What if that weird, distorted, broken-up sounding voice in the WHR at the end of NXM was A.I....what if it was the 5th Sinister/Enigma..."The Crown", with Jean being the White Phoenix of "The Crown".
    Nah, the voice is is good. The Enigma is not. It’s the phoenix conciousness which is Jean basically talking to herself. Let’s not confuse the crown (more specifically it’s explained the crown chakra is how Jean accesses her phoenix conciousness) in the white hot room with the suit of the 5th sinister.

She’s called white phoenix of the crown because she is fully connected/in balance with her phoenix self.

Let’s not pervert her purest form…
    Last edited by Tank; 12-28-2023 at 01:10 PM.

Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    Time travel is the first thing that comes to mind. Though I'm not even certain that would work.
    It worked on Unkindness Raven who was a similar threat level.

"Buffet" might be debatable, but it's certainly better than how Hickman was writing her. At this point Gillen is basically firmly establishing Jean as mutant Jesus.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Nah, the voice is is good. The Enigma is not. It’s the phoenix conciousness which is Jean basically talking to herself. Let’s not confuse the crown (more specifically it’s explained the crown chakra is how Jean accesses her phoenix conciousness) in the white hot room with the suit of the 5th sinister.

She’s called white phoenix of the crown because she is fully connected/in balance with her phoenix self.

Let’s not pervert her purest form…
    I'd like to read that account in its entirety -- in which title and issue was it specifically explained how Jean accesses her phoenix consciousness? Thanks.

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    I'd like to read that account in its entirety -- in which title and issue was it specifically explained how Jean accesses her phoenix consciousness? Thanks.
    It was during Here Comes Tomorrow and was a line from Cassie Nova/Ernst.

BANNED

Ah, that... Thanks again for the recap but I now remember why everything Here Comes Tomorrow together with Cassandra (Toilet Bowl) Nova Xavier and Ernst is no more
    Last edited by Micabe; 12-28-2023 at 05:50 PM.

It was during Here Comes Tomorrow and was a line from Cassie Nova/Ernst.
    It might also be a tangible place, which matches the sort of dual thing of the White Hot Room being both the Mind of the Phoenix and a tangible place.

I've spent much of my focus as applied to comics in the last decade on Iceman and his connection to the Dragon Mythos, acquiring knowledge and then sharing that knowledge with receptive Iceman fans. That has meant delving a great deal into the Phoenix Mythos(I spent the 80's somewhat obsessed with Jean and Rachel so it wasn't exactly foreign territory), so I can provide some informed knowledge of the following:

White Phoenix of the Crown

The term is derived from the Hebrew Kabbala.

The White represents an aliment between the two sides. Kabbalah divides everything in the world into either Sitra D’Kedushah (the side of holiness represented by White) or Sitra Achra (the side of impurity represented by Black)—literally meaning “the other side,” or the side of Kelipah.

The Phoenix corresponds in this case to an Archangel of divine realms called the Sefirot, specifically the Archangel Michael.

The Crown is a reference to the canopy of a tree, in this case the Tree of Life and Death. The Crown is the Divine/Life side and is comprised of the ten realms of the Sefirot. The 'White Hot Room' is one of the Sefirot, specifically תִּפְאֶרֶת, frequently transliterated as Tiferet or Tiphareth.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Icefanatic; 12-29-2023 at 04:43 AM.

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    It might also be a tangible place, which matches the sort of dual thing of the White Hot Room being both the Mind of the Phoenix and a tangible place.

Agreed that it is both a term for the access point and a space in the white hot room.

The crown chakra is fascinating to me and jives so well with Jean accessing her phoenix consciousness…
    Per google:
    “ above the crown of the head, it acts as the individual's center of spirit, enlightenment, wisdom, universal consciousness, and connection to higher guidance”
    Last edited by Tank; 12-29-2023 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post

Where does this come from? Is it Endsong?

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Icefanatic View Post
    I've spent much of my focus as applied to comics in the last decade on Iceman and his connection to the Dragon Mythos, acquiring knowledge and then sharing that knowledge with receptive Iceman fans. That has meant delving a great deal into the Phoenix Mythos(I spent the 80's somewhat obsessed with Jean and Rachel so it wasn't exactly foreign territory), so I can provide some informed knowledge of the following:

White Phoenix of the Crown

The term is derived from the Hebrew Kabbala.

The White represents an aliment between the two sides. Kabbalah divides everything in the world into either Sitra D’Kedushah (the side of holiness represented by White) or Sitra Achra (the side of impurity represented by Black)—literally meaning “the other side,” or the side of Kelipah.

The Phoenix corresponds in this case to an Archangel of divine realms called the Sefirot, specifically the Archangel Michael.

The Crown is a reference to the canopy of a tree, in this case the Tree of Life and Death. The Crown is the Divine/Life side and is comprised of the ten realms of the Sefirot. The 'White Hot Room' is one of the Sefirot, specifically תִּפְאֶרֶת, frequently transliterated as Tiferet or Tiphareth.

Hope this helps.
    I love this.

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    Where does this come from? Is it Endsong?
    Yes, indeed.

So whom would you state have been become part of Jean's rogue's gallery since her return?

1. Cassandra Nova
    2. Nightmare
    3. Mother Righteous
    4. Cordyceps Jones. less so him and btw, I just learned that Duggan didnt create him for his book and he's actually been around for years
    5. Moira X
    6. The Progenitor

Of these, I think interactions with Nightmare and Mother Righteous interest me the most

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    So whom would you state have been become part of Jean's rogue's gallery since her return?

1. Cassandra Nova
    2. Nightmare
    3. Mother Righteous
    4. Cordyceps Jones. less so him and btw, I just learned that Duggan didnt create him for his book and he's actually been around for years
    5. Moira X
    6. The Progenitor

Of these, I think interactions with Nightmare and Mother Righteous interest me the most
    Add Sabretooth to the list. I prefer more interactions with Cassandra Nova and Nightmare. I want a true knock down, drag out battle with Cassie.

Add Sabretooth to the list. I prefer more interactions with Cassandra Nova and Nightmare. I want a true knock down, drag out battle with Cassie.
    Eh, Sabretooth is way in the past ('90's) and is beaten without Jean batting one of her gorgeous eyelashes.

Jean also seemed to easily defeat C Nova.

I think a true foe and epic battle would be.....The Shadow King!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!