Page 254 of 358 FirstFirst ... 154204244250251252253254255256257258264304354 ... LastLast
Results 3,796 to 3,810 of 5357

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Had to chime in to say that I agree with everything, particularly the bolded. I always thought Morrison's Jean felt like a natural progression of Claremont's Jean.
    so 100 percent true!!! Still unbelievable to me that after Morrison's gorgeous interpretation of Jean Grey, we got an annoying child finding her place in the world and are basically still in the circular process for Jean becoming her true self again. Writing female characters seem still very complicated for most Marvel writers...sadly...

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Had to chime in to say that I agree with everything, particularly the bolded. I always thought Morrison's Jean felt like a natural progression of Claremont's Jean.

I've said it before, but I don't like when Jean's hair is orange. I know a redhead is more orange, but I think Jean's hair looks best when it's unnaturally red. Jean's a Mutant, just say it's part of her Mutation.

I thought Jean's hair in X3 was perfect IMO. #teamfamke

Yes, I did as well.

I would still LOVE to see the beautiful and talented Deborah Ann Wohl play Jean! DAW has the capacity to play that same vunerability, kindness, understanding, loving, caring and supporting qualities that Jean possesses. Also, the rage and anger when getting on Jean's bad side, lol!
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 08-29-2023 at 08:34 AM.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Jessica Chastain as Jean Grey forever...!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Jessica Chastain as Jean Grey forever...!!
    That's certainly would have been really good casting if this was like 2014/15.

Angie Everhart would be a good choice, but some may say she is "too old" now. Angie is still beautiful and should be considered....

It is a shame she never played Jean in the past, I think she would have been really good as a strong, confident and powerful Jean.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

The Red Dragon

Angie hasn’t shown she can act though. That’s the most important thing…

Sophie Turner is a horrible wooden actress. I literally couldn’t take her seriously when she was crying after she killed Mystique.

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Angie hasn’t shown she can act though. That’s the most important thing…

Sophie Turner is a horrible wooden actress. I literally couldn’t take her seriously when she was crying after she killed Mystique.
    Well, Angie is an actress and has had acting roles. Not a ton, but she has done movies and guest star appearances.

As to Sophie, she "even studied for months and months" (in her own words), about DID and personality disorders to give her better understanding of Jean and to enhance her acting in the role.

I like Sadie Sink for MCU Jean at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Well, Angie is an actress and has had acting roles. Not a ton, but she has done movies and guest star appearances.

As to Sophie, she "even studied for months and months" (in her own words), about DID and personality disorders to give her better understanding of Jean and to enhance her acting in the role.
    You could absolutely not tell.

I like Jean's hair the best when it's a bit of an ambiguous orange/red color. Like more towards a very fiery/reddish orange than full-on red. That gif of Famke is a good example, but on the actual movie without filters the hair is more of a pure red.

BANNED

I'm done talking about Jean's hair now. I think it is time to talk about the Marvel Girl dress again

lulz

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post

This pick really is Patrick Stewart vibes, in my opinion. Sometimes people just extremely look the part. Hope she is up for it and claims it.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 08-29-2023 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post

You could absolutely not tell.
    I know. And they also gave Sophie a lot of archery lessons, for the one shot we saw on screen, and we never even saw if she really shot the arrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I like Jean's hair the best when it's a bit of an ambiguous orange/red color. Like more towards a very fiery/reddish orange than full-on red. That gif of Famke is a good example, but on the actual movie without filters the hair is more of a pure red.
    I really like the full-on, deep, classic Jean Grey red.

Regarding Jean in the 90s: for me it was quite a shock how different Jean was portrayed the first few years or so after the re-launch of the X-Men books in 1991. Most of her fiery temper from X-Factor was gone. For a while it seemed like they were favoring the fan favorite Psylocke over Jean.

Jean got some of her fiery temper back in UXM #300 (has one of my favorite panels with Jean), and after she proposed to Scott in UXM #308 her old X-Factor self was slowly but surely returning. (I love Jean’s attitude in X-Men #28, even though it shouldn’t have been a surprise to anyone that Sabretooth was nothing compared to her. That readers didn’t expect this from her showed just how much the writers had gotten her wrong the past few years.)

Once she got her codename Phoenix back, Jean was mostly written quite well for the rest of the 90s. (But I will always mourn that Seagle wasn’t allowed to complete his plans for Jean in the late 90s.)

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic View Post
    It was a different timeline though.
    Even with a different timeline, I couldn't see what could have changed so drastically to make it so that young Jean killed her mother in this new one unlike in the old one. But then again, Angel and Jubilee are suddenly decades younger since they show up in the new timeline way before they were set to show up in the original. Fox never cared about consistency, hence the two different Calibans in Apocalypse and Logan.

Janet Montgomery from Salem and New Amsterdam would be my choice for Jean, if they were casting an adult Jean a few years back. She has the Famke look and in Salem, where she played the anti-heroine witch, I felt there were a lot of elements that overlapped with Jean's darker side as Phoenix. Her powers manifested with the element of fire and she had the fiery temper, but also the heart and compassion for the show's main love story and her son. Much like Jean, almost all the male characters in the show were in love with her.