Page 351 of 358 FirstFirst ... 251301341347348349350351352353354355 ... LastLast
Results 5,251 to 5,265 of 5357

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    So, how many years has Jean used the iconography of the Phoenix Force then in her 60 years of comicbook history?

From 1979 till 1980 (Uncanny X-Men 101 till 138; Dark Phoenix Saga)

and then again:

From 1998 till 2005.

That reminds me and explains to me why I prefer Jean as Phoenix....the later ones are the years when I got into comicbooks...

I also remember that Onslaught already implied in 1996 that the Phoenix Force grew out of Jean's mind when he first appeared.
    LOL...UXM 101 to 138 was more than 1 year especially since the book was shipping biweekly at the start. It came out in 1976, so it was about 4 years

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Okay, thanks... I somehow block out ever reading that story arc. But now that you've reminded me do you know if it was ever revealed who or what was doing the talking in the black speak bubbles?
    All throughout New X-Men they used the black speech bubbles for Jean when she was in Phoenix mode, or when the Phoenix was speaking through her.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    All throughout New X-Men they used the black speech bubbles for Jean when she was in Phoenix mode, or when the Phoenix was speaking through her.

Which reminds me: I always took the different speech bubble for JeanPhoenix (and others) to indicate that she sounded different in some way. Disappointed that none of the live action adaptations ever did anything with that. I recall that XTAS did give her dialogue an aural tweak for Dark Phoenix at least.

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    LOL...UXM 101 to 138 was more than 1 year especially since the book was shipping biweekly at the start. It came out in 1976, so it was about 4 years
    Yeah, Uncanny #101 was 1976 and Uncanny #137 was 1980.

Jean got the Phoenix codename back in 1994 in Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix #4.

Hard to say when she got the Phoenix Force back, because it was a slow burn build up back to Phoenix. She manifested Phoenix raptor effects in X-Men #53 (1996) and X-Men #71 (1997). Began wearing the Phoenix costume again in 1998 (Uncanny 354) and began manifesting more Phoenix raptors (Uncanny X-Men #355 (1998), Wolverine 125-126 (1998), Contest of Champions II #3 (1999) and Astonishing X-Men #2 (1999)). Claremont wrote Jean as if she was tapping into the Phoenix Force in Wolverine and Contest of Champions. Her power is described as the celestial raptor and she is described as an archangel made flesh. When Rogue absorbs her in Contest of Champions II she experiences a transcendent joy beyond description.

In Revolution, Uncanny X-Men #381-387 (2000), Jean continues to manifest the Phoenix Raptor (sometimes as fire and others as pink psychic energy as her telepathy honed to its sharpest edge) and speaks in the Phoenix Voice (others characters like Cable comment on this). In 381, she differentiates her psi-bolts from her phoenix raptor.

Jean continued to manifest Phoenix effects in Search of Cyclops #1 (2000) and #2 (2000), and X-Men Forever #1 (2000), #3 (2001), and #6 (2001). In #6, she uses the Phoenix Force proper. She bonds with the Phoenix Force to understand what The Stranger is telling her and to commune with Eternity. She is not shown separating from it and we are not told whether she keeps it or not.

But she doesn't manifest anymore Phoenix Effects until New X-Men #120 (2001) and doesn't use the Phoenix Voice again until New X-Men #126 (2002) and confirmation of Phoenix Force in New X-Men #128 (2002).

It is also important to note that Rachel and Hope also had phoenix effect manifestations before they officially bonded with the Phoenix Force, so all of Jean's phoenix manifestations could be valid manifestations.

Technically, Jean had the Phoenix codename from 1976-1980 and then from 1994- 2018 (Phoenix Resurrection: The Return of Jean Grey #5), although she was dead from 2005-2018. Though, Jean did have several Phoenix appearances while dead throughout those years. Rachel was given the Marvel Girl codename during Reload because the Phoenix codename was still associated with Jean.

At the very least from 1976-1980 and 1994-2005 for the codename while the character was actively alive.

For the Phoenix Force, 1976-1980 and then late 90s or early 2000s to 2005 or 2018 depending on how one interprets it. We would also need to count the Phoenix spark she had from Inferno (1989) to Judgment War (1990).

What a Christmas. Wow.

First, Jean sweeps the top categories:

Second, this will make more sense in a few days...

“She is from the Phoenix in a real and unbreakable way. She guides it, and it guides her, in a circle without beginning or end.”
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

BANNED

Wait til they see what she does with her bl...sssshhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    What a Christmas. Wow.

“She is from the Phoenix in a real and unbreakable way. She guides it, and it guides her, in a circle without beginning or end.”
    intriguing! thx for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    What a Christmas. Wow.

in what 10char?

BANNED

in what 10char?
    Immortal 18

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Immortal 18
    no I meant, where did Jean win these awards? There was no context given

no I meant, where did Jean win these awards? There was no context given
    here you go:

https://aiptcomics.com/2023/12/25/x-...ite-2023-2024/

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Thank you!

BANNED

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Some tidbits without spoiling too much.

spoilers:
    Immortal X-Men #18 is great for the Jean/Phoenix mythos. Acknowledges the deep connection between Jean, Phoenix, and the White Hot Room in a way that adds to it and respects the Claremont and Morrison interpretations. Some fans may be a bit frustrated, because we will have to wait for Jean's awakening. But Gillen's understanding of Jean/Phoenix is so good, we should be confident that there will be a great payoff,imho.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    Some tidbits without spoiling too much.

spoilers:
    Immortal X-Men #18 is great for the Jean/Phoenix mythos. Acknowledges the deep connection between Jean, Phoenix, and the White Hot Room in a way that adds to it and respects the Claremont and Morrison interpretations. Some fans may be a bit frustrated, because we will have to wait for Jean's awakening. But Gillen's understanding of Jean/Phoenix is so good, we should be confident that there will be a great payoff,imho.
    end of spoilers
    Good to know :-)