Page 158 of 358 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158159160161162168208258 ... LastLast
Results 2,356 to 2,370 of 5357

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jean using her own powers. The answer that JDW mentioned her being more physical and I’d see that as using her TK more to amp up her punches so she hits harder. Flying towards her opponents and handling them up close as opposed to a distance
    Bendis literally gave her the Pink Psi form so she could do all this. Be a more physical fighter while having an extra absorption schtick, but they keep ignoring it smh.

I’m going to submit the Jean Grey-Captain Marvel I just created

Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Too cute, D.

Also, I posted this in the X-Men Unlimited #89 thread but feel it’s relevant to this thread too.

I love the moral dilemma Jean’s choice not to kill Nature Girl and those who aided her presents. And to be clear, she isn’t simply basing her decision on past guilts and newfound empathy and altruism, although she has always exhibited the latter two. Instead, she is extending the same compassion and consideration to Nature Girl and her accomplices that her friends once extended to her multiple times after she became Dark Phoenix. Jean could’ve ended this by “cracking Nature Girl’s psi-blockers,” as she put it, but she opted not to kill them to do so. This is the same moral dilemma Ororo grappled with during Sins of Sinister: Should the few be saved at the cost and sacrifice of the many or vice versa?

Then again, although it hasn’t been touched upon—I think it will be during Fall of X—Jean’s Phoenix Foundation diminishes the aforementioned dilemma.

Last edited by Mercury; 05-30-2023 at 05:04 AM.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    You might want to reread that issue again because Jean didn't "amp up" any part of her physiology. What you (we) saw was a telepathic image she implanted in Grimm's head...

Wasn't stopping a Douglas DC-3 in mid-fight, boarding it, and allowing it to continue flying undisturbed structurally or catching the Empire State Building's antenna as it was falling not enough to convince?

Jean was still going by Marvel Girl when she pulled that off mind you and honestly, I don't see the need for Jean to be seen telekinetically lifting 100+ tons every other issue when we already know that she can do so easily without effort now.
    Yeah, it was a very long time ago I read that story and might have remembered it wrong? Sorry.

I know Jean is Omega-Omega powerful and I do believe it. But I like seeing Jean do amazing feats of strength from time-to-time, just like any fan of a hero (or villain) likes to see. Those feats you pictured were from a long time ago.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Bendis literally gave her the Pink Psi form so she could do all this. Be a more physical fighter while having an extra absorption schtick, but they keep ignoring it smh.
    One of her powers is telekinesis. She is one of the most physical characters, really. Jean just doesn't use her powers often because most creators that Marvel is interested in only see her in a hellishly boring light lol.

That Teen Jean vs Blob issue by Mike del Mundo and Bendis is arguably the greatest action comic in X-history.

All New X-Men v1 37

This isn't even the really good stuff from the issue.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 05-30-2023 at 08:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yeah, it was a very long time ago I read that story and might have remembered it wrong? Sorry.

I know Jean is Omega-Omega powerful and I do believe it. But I like seeing Jean do amazing feats of strength from time-to-time, just like any fan of a hero (or villain) likes to see. Those feats you pictured were from a long time ago.
    In as recently as this year, Jean caught what was described as a small mountain with ease

and of course she hurled a space station into orbit in Planet Size Xmen

In as recently as this year, Jean caught what was described as a small mountain with ease

Yes, these are two great recent examples.

Thanks for the scans.

I love seeing great Jean power feats!
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 05-30-2023 at 11:39 AM.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Splitting and holding apart a miniature sun and manipulating enough ocean water to drown a 1,450+ ft Hex may be even more impressive than the moments cited above.

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Splitting and holding apart a miniature sun and manipulating enough ocean water to drown a 1,450+ ft Hex may be even more impressive than the moments cited above.

Indeed!

Just seeing these scans make me *tingle*, lol!

Speaking of which, I wonder if Jean could telekinetically block out Banshee's sound waves from affecting her. Kind of like high powered ear plugs

Speaking of which, I wonder if Jean could telekinetically block out Banshee's sound waves from affecting her. Kind of like high powered ear plugs
    Great covers, especially the one with Jean as Phoenix!

I bet Jean could block out Banshee's scream if he was using his scream to fly (as it would not be directed against her), although I am not sure she would need to do this as it rarely seemed to affect others to any detrimental degree.

In the cover above, it appears Banshee is attacking the team, which would be a different scenario. I am sure Jean's TK shield could protect her by blocking out the sonic attack, but it would depend if Jean could concentrate to create it after being sonically attacked or if the sonics would have stunned her or knocked her out first.
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 05-30-2023 at 03:11 PM.

BANNED

Arrow

Jean Grey is, without question, the dominant mutant telekinetic within the entire Sol system!

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Too cute, D.

Also, I posted this in the X-Men Unlimited #89 thread but feel it’s relevant to this thread too.

I love the moral dilemma Jean’s choice not to kill Nature Girl and those who aided her presents. And to be clear, she isn’t simply basing her decision on past guilts and newfound empathy and altruism, although she has always exhibited the latter two. Instead, she is extending the same compassion and consideration to Nature Girl and her accomplices that her friends once extended to her multiple times after she became Dark Phoenix. Jean could’ve ended this by “cracking Nature Girl’s psi-blockers,” as she put it, but she opted not to kill them to do so. This is the same moral dilemma Ororo grappled with during Sins of Sinister: Should the few be saved at the cost and sacrifice of the many or vice versa?

Then again, although it hasn’t been touched upon—I think it will be during Fall of X—Jean’s Phoenix Foundation diminishes the aforementioned dilemma.

I like this as a solid in story reason for why Omega level Jean doesn’t just break through their psi-blockers. It will KILL them which we know is In character for Jean, but still respects the power levels established. I wish other writers were as creative. Lesser ones would have just had Jean say “I cant get throughzzzzz…..”

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    I like this as a solid in story reason for why Omega level Jean doesn’t just break through their psi-blockers. It will KILL them which we know is In character for Jean, but still respects the power levels established. I wish other writers were as creative. Lesser ones would have just had Jean say “I cant get throughzzzzz…..”
    Especially, when her Omega Level peers aren't encountering as many limitations in this era, in fact their finding barriers and challenges then overcoming them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    During the limited amount of times Orlando has written Jean, he's done a pretty good job with his characterization of her. I think he's another writer that gets her. This was a great quiet moment that speaks volumes about her power and personality.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Especially, when her Omega Level peers aren't encountering as many limitations in this era, in fact their finding barriers and challenges then overcoming them.
    Can you provide some examples of how "her Omega Level peers aren't encountering as many limitations in this era"? During Judgment Day, Exodus died killing a Hex, something Jean did with very little effort and without dying. Ororo and others jobbed Vulcan pretty easily. Speaking of Ororo, Vulcan somehow removed her ability to make it rain, and during Sins of Sinister, even after receiving aid from Khora to accomplish two feats, she died afterward both times. And in the same event, Hope was shut out by Exodus and rendered helpless and useless before being killed. These instances and others considered, I find it curious when people spotlight Jean's "limitations" and frame them in a way that implies or asserts she's the only one encountering such barriers.