Page 162 of 358 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162163164165166172212262 ... LastLast
Results 2,416 to 2,430 of 5357

While I don't really have anything CONSTRUCTIVE to add. Imo Jean fans should be GRATEFUL that their fave is being shown in a favorable light and not needing teamwork/power boosts to accomplish her goals left right and center. It's usually Jean's own fans questioning her abilities/power yet to everyone on the outside she's generally seen as the shining light of power.

Also, lets not forget where she came from and that it could be worse where she's getting spit out of a space dock and being told to "try harder" even though EVEN THOUGH she was solo maintaining a telepathic link of *checks notes* 94.25 million miles, which was unheard of at that time and for the most part still is barring the most traumatic times, e.g. Xandra's death and her sending out her DNA code to Xavier.

As far as I'm concerned, they've done nothing but FLAUNT Jean's Omega telepath status almost to the point of being obnoxious, almost. Minor episodes aside (the vampire thing), she's been put in the spotlight as the PREMIER telepath on Marvel. Not just among Mutants. But the entire MU.

Gods/Abstract beings? Easily able to catch Jean's telepathic hands and guess what, there's not a damn person asking why. The answer? Because it's fking Jean and you know she can. Period.

Other Omegas? What's Iceman been doing? Storm? Magneto? At least Jamie got clothes...
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Random goodnight post. I just found this piece by Nathan Szerdy and was taken aback. lol. Night!

This has that Marauders issue with Pyro all over it.

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    While I don't really have anything CONSTRUCTIVE to add. Imo Jean fans should be GRATEFUL that their fave is being shown in a favorable light and not needing teamwork/power boosts to accomplish her goals left right and center. It's usually Jean's own fans questioning her abilities/power yet to everyone on the outside she's generally seen as the shining light of power.

Also, lets not forget where she came from and that it could be worse where she's getting spit out of a space dock and being told to "try harder" even though EVEN THOUGH she was solo maintaining a telepathic link of *checks notes* 94.25 million miles, which was unheard of at that time and for the most part still is barring the most traumatic times, e.g. Xandra's death and her sending out her DNA code to Xavier.

As far as I'm concerned, they've done nothing but FLAUNT Jean's Omega telepath status almost to the point of being obnoxious, almost. Minor episodes aside (the vampire thing), she's been put in the spotlight as the PREMIER telepath on Marvel. Not just among Mutants. But the entire MU.

Gods/Abstract beings? Easily able to catch Jean's telepathic hands and guess what, there's not a damn person asking why. The answer? Because it's fking Jean and you know she can. Period.

Other Omegas? What's Iceman been doing? Storm? Magneto? At least Jamie got clothes...
    Great post and ITA!

Had to jump back in for this.

You speak such truth. I wish some of her fans would see what you see. :hug:

This has that Marauders issue with Pyro all over it.
    Oh hell no. Anyway, I'll see you on Twitter, babe!
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Great post and ITA!
    Had to jump back in for this.

You speak such truth. I wish some of her fans would see what you see. :hug:

Oh hell no. Anyway, I'll see you on Twitter, babe!

BANNED

Random goodnight post. I just found this piece by Nathan Szerdy and was taken aback. lol. Night!

This definitely goes into my special pics collection

You already know what I'm itching to respond with to this GIF... 🥹

Okay, I seriously need to go! 😂 Goodnight for real this time!

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    This definitely goes into my special pics collection
    Not you, too! (Being cute, that is. Everybody is cute!) 🤣
    Last edited by Mercury; 05-31-2023 at 06:43 PM.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Jean's cooking! You know I am there, lol!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Speaking of which, I wonder if Jean could telekinetically block out Banshee's sound waves from affecting her. Kind of like high powered ear plugs
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Great covers, especially the one with Jean as Phoenix!

I bet Jean could block out Banshee's scream if he was using his scream to fly (as it would not be directed against her), although I am not sure she would need to do this as it rarely seemed to affect others to any detrimental degree.

In the cover above, it appears Banshee is attacking the team, which would be a different scenario. I am sure Jean's TK shield could protect her by blocking out the sonic attack, but it would depend if Jean could concentrate to create it after being sonically attacked or if the sonics would have stunned her or knocked her out first.
    She did to a certain degree in Uncanny X-Men vol 1 #28. She fails in the end, but this is Jean still in training as she is juggling college with her X-Men priorities, which she does not necessarily have to perform, but she does because she’s Jean.

She has not blocked a Sonic scream since, but she has not really faced a Sonic scream like that since either. Once could argue their ear drums would have been blown or worse if Jean hadn’t softened the blow. That might be what the cover is referencing.
    Last edited by PyroFN; 05-31-2023 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    She did to a certain degree in Uncanny X-Men vol 1 #28. She fails in the end, but this is Jean still in training as she is juggling college with her X-Men priorities, which she does not necessarily have to perform, but she does because she’s Jean.

She has not blocked a Sonic scream since, but she has not really faced a Sonic scream like that since either. Once could argue their ear drums would have been blown or worse if Jean hadn’t softened the blow. That might be what the cover is referencing.
    awesome find and thanks! Jean with several years of experience and growth should definitely be able to shield herself and others from a sonic scream now

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Maybe he thought about that and thought if i did that the argument would come up mutants didn't bring it into existence so they went to he purest place or what should be the purest white hot room imo, one outside of space, not touched by the mkraan crystal.
    That theory certainly works and detaches the M'Kraan Crystal from being the sole source of Mysterium to it being an access point to it instead... I like it

BANNED

Speaking of which, I wonder if Jean could telekinetically block out Banshee's sound waves from affecting her. Kind of like high powered ear plugs
    Since sound physically manifests as an energy wave and energy waves can be absorbed and or blocked to the point of nullification... I imagine that if Jean knew that a damaging energy wave was coming at her she'd erect a telekinetic field of equal or greater intensity to counteract the impact like she did when she physically (Teen Jean) collided with Kallark at high-speed.

Therefore, I see no reason why she (Adult Jean), if manifesting her telekinesis and telepathy in unison, can't (theoretically) tank a sonic scream be it from Banshee or Black Bolt.
    Last edited by Micabe; 06-01-2023 at 12:07 AM.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Just bc one is omega doesnt mean they can or should do everything by themselves. Just bc Jean may have had support, doesnt negate her feets. With that said she didnt have help in everything I listed. She took out Nightmare on her own. She restored Xavier on her own without wearing Cerebro to amp her up as has been the case with every other telepath. The range she's shown with her TP across space and dimensions was also unaided without Cerebro.There were no other telepaths around to help her shield the city from the threat in X-men #1 (Synch nor Rogue assisted with that either).

IA that there is always room to expand with Jean but I will disagree that we arent seent them do that. We are. She is portrayed as very competent and capable with her powers. I feel like your issue is a complaint that was maybe valid when this era started with Hickman but hasnt been the case for her in quite some time. Its not like she's being jobbed, fainting or portrayed as inept with her powers. She's been positioned as the X-men'd premier telepath. Several characters have acknowledged that and its been backed up with the content written for her
    I've voiced my opinions very clearly and concisely; I'm not interested in feats! I am however interested in the stories my favorite character appears having logical reasons for why X, Y, or Z is happening opposed to the laziness we usually receive! You listed specific examples from the several you posted:

1. She ran him off the first time and left him preoccupied the second, but let's call those defeats...
    2. She did restore Xavier without Cerebro, yet the next time she restores a mind she was wearing Cerebro.
    3. She did require assistance reaching Otherworld BOTH times, Xavier himself said even as an Omega what she did was impossible or something to the affect. But Nate reached out to her, she answered the phone essentially, the second time she required the Stepford Cuckoos for support. Unless I'm misremembering another time, she accessed Otherworld and that's possible?
    4. The comic itself did not do a good job explaining any of this hence someone asking the writer himself, what exactly did she do, at which point he clarified, but noted.

You have no examples, it seems; at least, none that illustrate or substantiate your initial point that "her Omega Level peers aren't encountering as many limitations in this era." And as I noted and edited into my post above: You bypassed the fact that the examples I listed included her peers needing help and, in one case, dying to accomplish something Jean did without expiring.
    Not interested, just know you are not the only one whose well read on all things Jean Grey and leave it at that!

This Jean fan is going to continue pushing for her to have better stories, and a narrative that respect her power without her consistently being an ex machina! The reaction to Jean from other fans is always fascinating when it comes to her development, she NEVER needs anything else. Meanwhile, Storm is appearing across Red, Immortal, and X-men with a consistently focused narrative, and respect paid to her abilities, same with the formerly alive Max, heck if we're speaking solely on the stories she's had in X-men. She's faced Nightmare in issue 4, and that was only recently followed up upon, the next story she's had is her current dispute with Scott, which based on the previous issue we have minimal insight.
    Last edited by Celestialbodies; 06-01-2023 at 10:00 AM.

Going back to the Dauterman print you can get if all the Jean costumes….. anyone know if I can get it shippped to UK?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    Going back to the Dauterman print you can get if all the Jean costumes….. anyone know if I can get it shippped to UK?
    I don't understand what you asking here... Please rephrase the question, thanks