Page 2 of 358 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Happy New Year friends!

This year was a good one for the X-men, and a great one for Jean. There have been a lot of great moments and I enjoy looking at everyone's best moments. Jean has been great in Duggan's X-men, and Gillen's use of Jean was fantastic in Judgement Day. I think good things will continue. It has been great witnessing the Jean thread going from despair (from the initial Hickman Marvel Girl days) to what we have now - folks mostly enjoying the ride.

My favorite moments echo many of yours - I loved the showdown at GameWord, and I loved the takedown of the Hex. Most of all I loved the development in Judgement Day. Some of us were afraid that Jean would totally move on from DPS and not still be haunted by it, but that was not the case. Jean will never be able to make up for DPS and it will always bother her, but she will keep trying and keep going forward.

I look forward to more with the Phoenix Foundation. I hope we see more of it soon. My hope in this year is just to see Jean on more adventures with the X-men, continue to be a great field leader, and hopefully see more development that was started in Judgement Day - where does she go from there. I also want to see Jean interact more with Storm.

I am enjoying Dark Web, and I am anxious to read the next issue and see a powerful and tender moment between Jean and Maddie.

Happy New Year fellow Jean fans! Looking forward to more great stories!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Honestly, I want a Phoenix vs Knull showdown. The ultimate light vs dark.
    I want to see what Cates would do with Ms. Grey. It's rare to have someone give her a moment and it was entirely out of nowhere, so he might be a fan of her.

Happy new year everyone
    Hopefully, we get more great Jean & Jott content
    Attached Images Attached Images

Jean’s first appearance of the new year: A powwow with Magik and Kitty Pryde in X-Men Unlimited #68. Apparently, Jean is telekinetically levitating them.

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

I love how Kitty regards Jean. And we have another hint; Kitty knows ☝🏻😌:

“Jean says hello, by the way. Fire. Life incarnate. A good memory for weasels in cravats.”

Kitty stays loving Jean. 🥹

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

BANNED

Jean is my favourite Marvel character. I’m hoping for some Claremont-penned Jean in 2023. I just wish they would bring back the real Jean instead of this clone thing.

Happy New Year, fans with the best taste in all of comics.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Well, the Progenitor was imbued with Tony Stark's arrogance, which I think manifested as insecurity and self-projection. One can also theorize that the Progenitor was fascinated, threatened, and confounded by Jean. If we subscribe to the notion that Jean and Phoenix are one and the same, as Claremont intended and Gillen hinted at, then she is continuously keeping her abilities in check and holding herself back. Perhaps the Progenitor was both expecting and coaxing her to cut loose, but the fact that she didn't flustered and forced him to take note of his own actions.

Happy New Year, love!

I think what she did here was significant. For one, Knull wasn't able to possess her the way he did the others, before or after she infiltrated his mind...

I consider Phoenix the ground of all being and creation, which is basically how Claremont conceptualized her. After all, Jean says to Kurt in Uncanny X-Men #140.5 (2021), "Earth is my home. You're my friends. Rachel is my child. But I'm responsible for all creation. Still getting used to that, y'know? What you see here is the smallest part of me."
    1. Oh, well...that explains why it was such a jerk! A Celestial with Tony's arrogance is a bad thing, like...world-ending bad.

2. Yes, absolutely, what I meant by Reed Richards "helping" was more in a narrative sense seeing as how Cates handed the Captain Universe reveal "baton" from Jean to The Silver Surfer and then finally to Reed. Although...if it had been me writing the book I would have just done a double-splash page with Jean and Cyclops at the center of a psychic energy storm as images of various Captain Universes are conjured from Jean's mind, her eyes glowing like stars as The Enigma Force itself reaches out to her and links minds. Sigh...I am such a nerd.

3. Interesting, very interesting...now I want to see a story where they connect all three characters together. It wouldn't be hard, Jean mentions something about Knull coming from the Dark but that he is not Darkness itself. So, following that line of logic, why not make the Dark the opposite of the Phoenix in the way that Knull is the opposite of Captain Universe? Jean/Phoenix and The Enigma Force can represent the forces of the Light of Creation and Knull can be paired up with...hmm...The Goblin Force might make a good antagonist to The Phoenix Force. Reuse some Mutant X ideas just for fun?
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Was modeling the most overused profession for Silver Age Marvel Heroines? Yes.

Did Jean make it work? Also yes:

Quote Originally Posted by KyleWayne View Post
    Jean is my favourite Marvel character.
    Same!

I’m hoping for some Claremont-penned Jean in 2023.
    I wouldn't be surprised if White Phoenix makes an appearance in X-Treme X-Men, though it would be great if they allowed Claremont to write a Jean-centric story.

I just wish they would bring back the real Jean instead of this clone thing.
    If you're referring to the current era and its developments, i.e., Krakoa and the resurrection protocols, I don't think the status quo is changing anytime soon.

Also, I have a theory that Jean transfers her own psyche upon resurrection, much like she did when she transferred her psyche into Emma's body (see UXM #281-283), and has been able to continue living as "an entity of pure thought" (see UXM #125 and Venomized #4-5). After all, we've never seen Xavier or anyone else use a Cerebro backup for her, Also, the X-Office hasn't retconned Jean's previous feats—White has even admitted that Jean is still capable of psionic energy absorption, though she chooses not to use it—and I prefer not to take a reductive or subtractive stance when not forced to.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Happy New Year, fans with the best taste in all of comics.
    Happy New Year, love!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    1. Oh, well...that explains why it was such a jerk! A Celestial with Tony's arrogance is a bad thing, like...world-ending bad.
    Definitely, lol.

2. Yes, absolutely, what I meant by Reed Richards "helping" was more in a narrative sense seeing as how Cates handed the Captain Universe reveal "baton" from Jean to The Silver Surfer and then finally to Reed. Although...if it had been me writing the book I would have just done a double-splash page with Jean and Cyclops at the center of a psychic energy storm as images of various Captain Universes are conjured from Jean's mind, her eyes glowing like stars as The Enigma Force itself reaches out to her and links minds. Sigh...I am such a nerd.
    I love your double-splash page idea. That would've been great. And we love that you're "such a nerd." It makes you utterly endearing. 🥹

3. Interesting, very interesting...now I want to see a story where they connect all three characters together. It wouldn't be hard, Jean mentions something about Knull coming from the Dark but that he is not Darkness itself. So, following that line of logic, why not make the Dark the opposite of the Phoenix in the way that Knull is the opposite of Captain Universe? Jean/Phoenix and The Enigma Force can represent the forces of the Light of Creation and Knull can be paired up with...hmm...The Goblin Force might make a good antagonist to The Phoenix Force. Reuse some Mutant X ideas just for fun?
    Remember, Jean is speaking from a place of dissociation. She is still rejecting her birthright as Phoenix. And I prefer Phoenix as the force that contains both light and dark. Only the One Above All transcends her! mwahahahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Was modeling the most overused profession for Silver Age Marvel Heroines? Yes.

Did Jean make it work? Also yes:

::chef's kiss::

BANNED

Same!

I wouldn't be surprised if White Phoenix makes an appearance in X-Treme X-Men, though it would be great if they allowed Claremont to write a Jean-centric story.

If you're referring to the current era and its developments, i.e., Krakoa and the resurrection protocols, I don't think the status quo is changing anytime soon.

Also, I have a theory that Jean transfers her own psyche upon resurrection, much like she did when she transferred her psyche into Emma's body (see UXM #281-283), and has been able to continue living as "an entity of pure thought" (see UXM #125 and Venomized #4-5). After all, we've never seen Xavier or anyone else use a Cerebro backup for her, Also, the X-Office hasn't retconned Jean's previous feats—White has even admitted that Jean is still capable of psionic energy absorption, though she chooses not to use it—and I prefer not to take a reductive or subtractive stance when not forced to.

Happy New Year, love!

Definitely, lol.

I love your double-splash page idea. That would've been great. And we love that you're "such a nerd." It makes you utterly endearing. ��

Remember, Jean is speaking from a place of dissociation. She is still rejecting her birthright as Phoenix. And I prefer Phoenix as the force that contains both light and dark. Only the One Above All transcends her! mwahahahahaha!

::chef's kiss::
    I don’t read contemporary X-Men because the Krakoa thing is just so out of character for the X-Men. I’m hoping that era ends this summer for the 60th anniversary.

Is White Phoenix a Grant Morrison thing? That’s another era I skipped (just like the Hickman stuff) because it’s not what I want in an X-Men comic. Cyclops cheating on Jean just infuriates me, and then Morrison killing off Jean and Marvel keeping her dead for over a decade…ugh!!

Did the White Queen ever get her comeuppance for destroying Jean’s marriage? Is there an issue where she pays for what she did?
    Last edited by KyleWayne; 01-02-2023 at 10:48 AM.

Did the White Queen ever get her comeuppance for destroying Jean’s marriage? Is there an issue where she pays for what she did?
    Wasn't she shattered in diamond form not long after?

This is a very cool theory…

X-Men Theory Finally Explains Jean Grey's Tie To The Phoenix
    https://screenrant.com/xmen-jean-gre...ion-explained/
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Jean’s first appearance of the new year: A powwow with Magik and Kitty Pryde in X-Men Unlimited #68. Apparently, Jean is telekinetically levitating them.

Gorgeous. Thanks for sharing! I really adore her nw costume when drawn exactly how Dauterman intended it to look like