Page 217 of 358 FirstFirst ... 117167207213214215216217218219220221227267317 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,255 of 5357

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    How much synergy are we to expect between media? Last time (Wolverine and the X-Men) I don't really think there was much aside from some costume updates - the shows tend to follow the comics rather than the comics following the shows. And will they really go for synergy between an animated series and the comics when the films are just over the horizon? Plus X-Men 97 will be in an odd place since it is based on what immediately follows 25 year old continuity, and will need to advance from there. Let's not panic/work ourselves into a rage until we see more of a reason to do so.
    For all we know if it was happening it could be the most badass Jean moment ever. Maybe she is hurt in the gala and is psychically and telekinetically holding her and the baby together on instinct while delving into her own mind, and others are speeding up the pregnancy so she doesn't miscarry or die before she needs potential resurrection. I'm just saying if it's the case and i don't think it is, at least they have a positive basis and no excuse why Jean can't be a full time hero with a toddler on deck.

Though on the flip given the current climate i would be naive to not think the biggest actual issue facing any Jean pregnancy is how many will say the baby is actually Logan's unless it's explicitly said otherwise on panel. Now that would be a thing of the ages and something to address fast.
    Last edited by jwatson; 07-24-2023 at 06:05 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Please, please let this episode be successful. There has gotta be an audience of Jean fans ready for this, whether she wins or loses. I don’t know why. It just feels good to know she draws both a casual crowd and og fans alike. She doesn’t need to be Wolverine levels, but no interest does not invoke optimism in her potential for things like these.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    Jean Greys never dies
    She was dead for 16 years so others could grow and have stories at her expense. It was even a dumb death in a dumb situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    The thing the showrunner loves most about writing Jean Grey on X-Men '97 lmao, go to the 16:45 mark:

He is so hot and cute :#

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Jean's already died a couple of times in this era. We know that no matter what happens at the Gala, it isn't the end for Jean. She has her miniseries, and plays a pivotal role in saving Mutantkind.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    For those who wanted to order the new Phoenix figure, it's live here: https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Produ...ils/248673?o=4

I had to stop myself from ordering 2. It's so gorgeous!
    They did a great job with this.

I'm so glad they used gold and not yellow (the way it's supposed to be). Too often figures and statues will use yellow instead, and it just never looks as good as the gold.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I'm so glad they used gold and not yellow (the way it's supposed to be). Too often figures and statues will use yellow instead, and it just never looks as good as the gold.
    Yeah. I've always liked the whitish gold they used in the animated series for Phoenix. Dark Phoenix usually had a stronger yellow gold.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    For all we know if it was happening it could be the most badass Jean moment ever. Maybe she is hurt in the gala and is psychically and telekinetically holding her and the baby together on instinct while delving into her own mind, and others are speeding up the pregnancy so she doesn't miscarry or die before she needs potential resurrection. I'm just saying if it's the case and i don't think it is, at least they have a positive basis and no excuse why Jean can't be a full time hero with a toddler on deck.

Though on the flip given the current climate i would be naive to not think the biggest actual issue facing any Jean pregnancy is how many will say the baby is actually Logan's unless it's explicitly said otherwise on panel. Now that would be a thing of the ages and something to address fast.
    Any implied notion that Jean's alledged baby is Logan's on Marvel's part no matter how tintalizing it may be for some readers would be met with scores of accusations of adultery and justifiably so... Why would any fan want to advocate for something that taboo to occur in the pages?

BANNED

Whether the baby is by Wolverine or MODOK, it shouldn't exist

But X-babies won't be the only worry, as it sounds like her dialogue will be uninspired too, but I can't tell if the showrunner was being serious or facetious with that lol

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Any implied notion that Jean's alledged baby is Logan's on Marvel's part no matter how tintalizing it may be for some readers would be met with scores of accusations of adultery and justifiably so... Why would any fan want to advocate for something that taboo to occur in the pages?
    Hey i'm not advocating it. I'm just realistic that given the current trouple or quad they are in the biggest issue for Jean having a baby right now would be fans playing who the daddy unless explicitly stated and proven who the father is. Marvel may like it, may not, but none of the three involved will come out of it looking good imo. well maybe wolverine but then that is a whole cuckold conversation depending on where you approach it so yeah.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

A stunning display. A true Phoenix. Also, perhaps Gerry Duggan's best work overall. #XSpoilers
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Hey i'm not advocating it. I'm just realistic that given the current trouple or quad they are in the biggest issue for Jean having a baby right now would be fans playing who the daddy unless explicitly stated and proven who the father is. Marvel may like it, may not, but none of the three involved will come out of it looking good imo. well maybe wolverine but then that is a whole cuckold conversation depending on where you approach it so yeah.
    Oh, I know... That's why I specifically said on Marvel's part. Nevertheless, fans playing "Who's the Daddy", intentionally wasting brain capacity, and debasing a married woman probably spend more time conflating reruns of Jerry Springer with the pages than they do living in the real world.
    Last edited by Micabe; 07-25-2023 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Typo correction(s).

BANNED

I wouldn't expect any Phoenix stuff in tomorrow's issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I wouldn't expect any Phoenix stuff in tomorrow's issue.
    During times like these, Kitty, I can't help but genuinely love and find you adorable.

🥹

To transcend corporeal life and be able to continue to physically affect the mundane world after one's body has been reduced to bones and dust is just...sublime.

“Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.)

I concentrate toward them that are nigh, I wait on the door-slab.

Who has done his day's work? who will soonest be through with his supper?
    Who wishes to walk with me?

Will you speak before I am gone? will you prove already too late?”

—Walt Whitman, “Song of Myself”
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    During times like these, Kitty, I can't help but genuinely love and find you adorable.

��

To transcend corporeal life and be able to continue to physically affect the mundane world after one's body has been reduced to bones and dust is just...sublime.

“Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.)

I concentrate toward them that are nigh, I wait on the door-slab.

Who has done his day's work? who will soonest be through with his supper?
    Who wishes to walk with me?

Will you speak before I am gone? will you prove already too late?”

—Walt Whitman, “Song of Myself”
    So the Grey Ladies Club - Both Jean and Rachel. That's cool.