Page 4 of 358 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wasn't she shattered in diamond form not long after?
    But not by Jean. It was one of Emma's darling proteges, Esme, using a diamond bullet.

Jean using her advanced TP and TK could sense Emma's lingering spirit and Jean coalesced her body back together, so she was whole, and her spirit could reintegrate.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by KyleWayne View Post
    Jean is my favourite Marvel character. I’m hoping for some Claremont-penned Jean in 2023. I just wish they would bring back the real Jean instead of this clone thing.
    Mine too!

Welcome KyleWayne to CBR and the Jean Grey Thread!

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Jean is my favourite Marvel character. I’m hoping for some Claremont-penned Jean in 2023. I just wish they would bring back the real Jean instead of this clone thing.
    When the Hickman era first started many fans had issues with the resurrection process. It didn't bother me because as a Jean fan I felt we were already kind of used to it especially with her deaths and resurrections - and this doesn't just go with Jean but any of the major psychic characters. Jean has re-created her body before, so has Betsy, Emma and others have been trapped in other bodies, etc. Just look at Jean's first run as Phoenix - her mind and body copied/transferred -in my mind it isn't so different from the current resurrection process.

So I don't see them as clones but just transferring their minds to cloned bodies. It is still them in all the ways that would matter. It is an art and a science so there are nuances that I think trip folks up when they overthink it. Now that we have two Laura's running around that may complicate things further lol

I find the resurrection process very interesting - reminds me in a way of Altered Carbon (see show in Netflix or the book series).

I am excited to see the thread popping today. I'm looking forward to many interesting X-men stories in 2023. I think Jean will continue to shine and we'll get a lot of good content.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Haha! :hug: Yes!

I think, overall, comic books have become less verbose—I wonder if this is a sweeping editorial mandate to have comics mirror films—which I think accounts for some of the dips in quality. However, I've loved enough writers and stories to keep coming back (for now). As I've said before, the day I become disenchanted with the stories, I will just move on. I can't see myself hanging around and waiting for "the good old days."
    I’ve been disenchanted with Marvel for the past 15-20 years which is why I don’t read much new stuff from them, but every so often they publish the right kind of book for me.

I came back to the X books for Phoenix Resurrection/X-Men Red and ended up hating both. Ultimately I blame the new writers for that. They were so bad.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    When the Hickman era first started many fans had issues with the resurrection process. It didn't bother me because as a Jean fan I felt we were already kind of used to it especially with her deaths and resurrections - and this doesn't just go with Jean but any of the major psychic characters. Jean has re-created her body before, so has Betsy, Emma and others have been trapped in other bodies, etc. Just look at Jean's first run as Phoenix - her mind and body copied/transferred -in my mind it isn't so different from the current resurrection process.

So I don't see them as clones but just transferring their minds to cloned bodies. It is still them in all the ways that would matter. It is an art and a science so there are nuances that I think trip folks up when they overthink it. Now that we have two Laura's running around that may complicate things further lol

I find the resurrection process very interesting - reminds me in a way of Altered Carbon (see show in Netflix or the book series).

I am excited to see the thread popping today. I'm looking forward to many interesting X-men stories in 2023. I think Jean will continue to shine and we'll get a lot of good content.
    I’m someone who has a problem with any character coming back from the dead unless it’s Jean. In my mind, Colossus is still dead after sacrificing himself to end the Legacy Virus, for example. So I don’t like that the X books are trying to normalize resurrections because it undermines heartwrenching and impactful deaths.

I’ve been disenchanted with Marvel for the past 15-20 years which is why I don’t read much new stuff from them, but every so often they publish the right kind of book for me.

I came back to the X books for Phoenix Resurrection/X-Men Red and ended up hating both. Ultimately I blame the new writers for that. They were so bad.
    Wow, even disliking X-men Red? What was your issues with it if you do not mind me asking. I understand being disappointed with Phoenix Resurrection - though I did like some of it. I just didn't like the take with Jean's relationship to Phoenix. Otherwise I liked the story and adult Jean being back. Though I will always miss Teen Jean. I loved that version of the character a lot and it gave so much to Jean imo.

I’m someone who has a problem with any character coming back from the dead unless it’s Jean. In my mind, Colossus is still dead after sacrificing himself to end the Legacy Virus, for example. So I don’t like that the X books are trying to normalize resurrections because it undermines heartwrenching and impactful deaths.
    I understand that point of view, but over the years they killed way too many mutants. They killed so many great characters. I loved that the resurrection process brought all of the beloved characters back. The X-men became too dark with all the extinction level events. The books had lost their way in my opinion.

BANNED

Wow, even disliking X-men Red? What was your issues with it if you do not mind me asking. I understand being disappointed with Phoenix Resurrection - though I did like some of it. I just didn't like the take with Jean's relationship to Phoenix. Otherwise I liked the story and adult Jean being back. Though I will always miss Teen Jean. I loved that version of the character a lot and it gave so much to Jean imo.
    My major issue with Red was decompression. They could have told the same stories in a couple of issues rather than five or six. Too much action, not enough words. I also didn’t like the team lineup or concept. I did think the writing for Jean was good and in character, though.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    You and I share one mind....The Phoenix-Enigma Mind.
    All hail the Phoenix-Enigma Mind!

Phenigma.jpg
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

BANNED

I understand that point of view, but over the years they killed way too many mutants. They killed so many great characters. I loved that the resurrection process brought all of the beloved characters back. The X-men became too dark with all the extinction level events. The books had lost their way in my opinion.
    I guess I don’t agree because the only mutant I like who has been killed off is Jean. None of the other deaths bothered me. I loved the drama of Mystique killing Moira, the death of Warlock, and the gut wrenching death of Doug Ramsey. All of that impact was undercut by resurrecting them.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    All hail the Phoenix-Enigma Mind!

Phenigma.jpg
    Too cool! (I was just thinking of that pic, lol!)

Happy New Year my Friend!

Too cool! (I was just thinking of that pic, lol!)

Happy New Year my Friend!
    Happy New Year to you, too! (I wish there was a better looking one, like something drawn by Alex Ross, that would be wicked cool.)
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Happy New Year to you, too! (I wish there was a better looking one, like something drawn by Alex Ross, that would be wicked cool.)
    I know what you mean.

Oh, I meant to mention I like your new Avatar!

I know what you mean.

Oh, I meant to mention I like your new Avatar!
    Thank you!

Fantastic Member