Page 54 of 358 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast

The through line is and always has been quite clear. It was only after Jean interceded that Hope was able to manifest Phoenix and team-up with Wanda to send her “parts” back to the White Hot Room, though, presumably, not all of her parts…

I’m sorry to belabor the point, but fragmentation and dissociation are running themes in Jean’s story to this day.

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I’m sorry to belabor the point, but fragmentation and dissociation are running themes in Jean’s story to this day.

Very much so and actually I'd argue that fragmentation, dissociation and duplication were baked in from the very beginning.

The Phoenix created a duplicate of Jean's body before sending her original one down Jamaica Bay to heal.

Upon committing suicide on the Moon, the Phoenix Force split in two, with one part reaching Madelyne Pryor and effectively giving her life, and another part following Rachel Summers into her future and later merging with her.

Then later during Inferno, Jean, Madelyne and the Phoenix merged into one again, but the Phoenix was also bonded with Rachel.

And fast-forward to the AvX finale, in the page posted above, Scott has become Dark Phoenix and Jean intercedes to stop him, and she's also clearly the Phoenix.

Beyond the boundaries of time and space, forever Phoenix!

Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Beyond the boundaries of time and space, forever Phoenix!

Great pic, Daedra!

Now and Forever, Jean Grey is Phoenix!!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Hey phoenixx,9 try to DM you but couldn't. But while I'm here Jean Grey rules!

Quote Originally Posted by LukeCagefan View Post
    Hey phoenixx,9 try to DM you but couldn't. But while I'm here Jean Grey rules!
    Oh, sorry!

My cache is full. I will try to make room in a bit.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Great pic, Daedra!

Now and Forever, Jean Grey is Phoenix!!
    Ty Phoenixx9 this week I was playing with an AI art generator and came up with several Jean Grey takes that I proceeded to animate

Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Ty Phoenixx9 this week I was playing with an AI art generator and came up with several Jean Grey takes that I proceeded to animate

YW. These are so good. Thanks for sharing. I would love to see more.

Any chance of getting Pink Psionic energy from Jean's head?

Also love the Phoenix Flames coming from Jean's hands.

YW. These are so good. Thanks for sharing. I would love to see more.

Any chance of getting Pink Psionic energy from Jean's head?

Also love the Phoenix Flames coming from Jean's hands.
    Here you go my friend

And full powered Jean Grey Phoenix pic on the side

Here you go my friend

And full powered Jean Grey Phoenix pic on the side

You are the Best!

Also very talented with drawing/pics/colors/designs.

These are too good! You can easily tell the first one is Jean and the second a fully-Phoenix-powered Jean. Great work!

You are the Best!

Also very talented with drawing/pics/colors/designs.

These are too good! You can easily tell the first one is Jean and the second a fully-Phoenix-powered Jean. Great work!
    Your appreciation it’s the best reward

Those are so nice! The Dark Phoenix one looks like it'd make a perfect MCU design.

@Deadra

Im looking at these creations and why do I feel that the AI program has a baseline for Brie Larson/Captain Marvel?

Like, am I the only one who sees this? Am I crazy?
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I would assume that gets addressed at the end of Jason Aaron's run on Avengers. I really don't expect much more than a panel showing that Maya fulfilled her mission, with the Phoenix flying back to the X-office... I mean space, flying back to space
    Well, the X-Men have more bases in space, so same thing .

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    @Deadra

Im looking at these creations and why do I feel that the AI program has a baseline for Brie Larson/Captain Marvel?

I don't see it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    @Deadra

Not at all lol I had to do a double take on some of those pics to make sure it wasn't Brie. One of the costumes definitely evokes Captain Marvel.