Page 6 of 358 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KyleWayne View Post
    I just checked out Classic X-Men and yup, she’s in white! I actually prefer the Morrison because of its mild use of color (particularly gold) in the design. But you really can’t go wrong with that Phoenix costume. It works with so many different colour schemes.
    Yep. Claremont was definitely the writer to use and distinguish between the green, red, and white uniforms. “Flight of Angels” is such a touching story—one of my absolute favorites—and he used it to reestablish that Jean and Phoenix are one and the same.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post

Also, that particular White Phoenix costume may have debuted in New X-Men—the all-white version debuted in the backstory “Flights of Angels” (1990) I previously mentioned—but I dare not claim it did because there's always some obscure appearance overlooked by most of us.

In other news, here are some uniform redesigns Mark Eastwood shared yesterday:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cm5WmjCPkfw/

Yeah, the All-White or as I call it the Silver Phoenix costume is very neat and just look at the silvery boots, gloves, Phoenix and sash! Sparkling Silvery Style!

While I do love Jean's current costume, I also really like these costumes.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yeah, the All-White or as I call it the Silver Phoenix costume is very neat and just look at the silvery boots, gloves, Phoenix and sash! Sparkling Silvery Style!

While I do love Jean's current costume, I also really like these costumes.
    “Sparkling Silvery Style”…🤣🥹 Also, I want her in something much sleeker and less adorned, though I am currently pleased with her look. However, I see Jean wearing something New X-Men/Black Widow type simple. But now I’m getting into how I believe her perspective and perceptions would inform her daily work wear.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

I hope 2023 is as good for her as 2022 was

“Sparkling Silvery Style”…���� Also, I want her in something much sleeker and less adorned, though I am currently pleased with her look. However, I see Jean wearing something New X-Men/Black Widow type simple. But now I’m getting into how I believe her perspective and perceptions would inform her daily work wear.
    Sleek, for sure. My favorite look for Jean is New X-Men: sleek, authoritative, edgy, simple, cool.

“Sparkling Silvery Style”…���� Also, I want her in something much sleeker and less adorned, though I am currently pleased with her look. However, I see Jean wearing something New X-Men/Black Widow type simple. But now I’m getting into how I believe her perspective and perceptions would inform her daily work wear.
    Lol, glad you like my alliteration "Sparkling Silvery Style".

I know you like Jean in black and simple pattern, and while I think Jean looks great in colors, I agree she also looks great in black. Perhaps with Jean getting more physical (something I would like to see more Jean flexing her muscles!), a sleek BW-type costume but with boots and gloves would fit. Oh and Head-Piece.

But the first design above is pretty simple and could be made simpler. Like take out the inner small "X"es and shoulder/hip contours as well as less colors--Just green and gold or black with tiny bit inner section of green and gold boots/gloves.
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 01-03-2023 at 08:27 PM.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I hope 2023 is as good for her as 2022 was
    It will be! She’s going nothing but up, love! And we get X-Men ‘97, too!

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Sleek, for sure. My favorite look for Jean is New X-Men: sleek, authoritative, edgy, simple, cool.
    Exactly. I see her not so much disenchanted with as evolved from the ceremonial superhero garbs and monikers. But she’s gradually getting there. She regressed, is back to a nice middle ground, and will continue to shed her adornments. I wouldn’t mind something like her briefly used uniform in AoA:

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Lol, glad you like my aiteration "Sparkling Silvery Style".

I know you like Jean in black and simple pattern, and while I think Jean looks great in colors, I agree she also looks great in black. Perhaps with Jean getting more physical (something I would like to see more Jean flexing her muscles!), a sleek BW-type costume but with boots and gloves would fit. Oh and Head-Piece.

But the first design above is pretty simple and could be made simpler. Like take out the inner small "X"es and shoulder/hip contours as well as less colors--Just green and gold or black with tiny bit inner section of green and gold boots/gloves.
    It’s perfect! Also, you know my taste. No headpiece, though. I want her head and hair unobstructed. ☝🏻😌

BANNED

I guess I’m the only one who thinks Jean’s best costume is her Jim Lee costume from the 90s. It’s perfect!

I guess I’m the only one who thinks Jean’s best costume is her Jim Lee costume from the 90s. It’s perfect!
    Yeah, no, although I can deal with the redesign for X-Men ‘97, which is cute.

My favorite non-Phoenix uniforms:

I like the '97 redesign.

Cannot wait to see Jean on screen and in action again!

BANNED

So it is just me who likes it.

The New X-Men costumes were probably the ugliest costumes I’ve seen in all my years of reading comic books.

I just like her 90s costume and her Phoenix costume and all its variants.

BANNED

So it is just me who likes it.

The New X-Men costumes were probably the ugliest costumes I’ve seen in all my years of reading comic books.

I just like her 90s costume and her Phoenix costume and all its variants.
    People often have a special fondness for things as they were when they were young. Disney is attempting to monetize that tendency with the new cartoon that is the old cartoon. Everyone will have 90s designs.

lol! You’re the best. 🥹 And yes, we will be tangoing. I'm halfway through Defenders Beyond.

Yep, I was gifted the book for my birthday. They still sell copies on EBay.

Also, that particular White Phoenix costume may have debuted in New X-Men—the all-white version debuted in the backstory “Flights of Angels” (1990) I previously mentioned—but I dare not claim it did because there's always some obscure appearance overlooked by most of us.

In other news, here are some uniform redesigns Mark Eastwood shared yesterday:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cm5WmjCPkfw/

Personally, I think the second costume design is ABSOLTUELY PERFECTION. This is what they should have done with Jean's Marvel Girl look when House of x starts. AMAZING!

Astonishing Member

My favorite non-Phoenix uniforms:

Her New Xmen costume is so iconic for me haha that trench coat *swoon* really wish artist would bring it back for an arc at least. Or just make a whole new redesign.