Page 87 of 358 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137187 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 5357

Quote Originally Posted by Psych1c View Post
    Oh, the psychic siphoning/telekinetic merge, once used by the younger version of Jean to power through beings like Gladiator, Galactus and 4 Silver Surfers. The reason it hasn't been used again? "It's something she used to do and doesn't feel the need to use again". Say what?

Maybe it's because with that she would surpass Exodus and make his omega TK not so omega? Or because she could resurrect herself without the protocols? Or maybe because she would overpower any other mutant based on psionic energy?

Sure, she's a teamplayer. They need to tell stories and every now and then some characters act dumb, I can deal with that. However, I will never buy this "oh, she was a teen and doesn't feel like using it again" lame excuse.
    Jean Grey had before and has again Omega Level TK, along with her Omega Level TP. She is the Omega Omega.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

BANNED

Is that Nightmare character the new Sabretooth?

BANNED

What? No! Sabertooth would give Nightmare, nightmares of his own if he were in his realm.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Perfect pitch, I’m with your version 100%

I said this before somewhere in these forums, I wish Marvel had an internal book with the scope of the characters powers and the feats they have already done. It wouldn't be to publish to the the readers, but just for their own proofreading to keep things consistent.

You know, let’s pay respect where respect is due, Jean vs Nightmare has shown us how formidable she can be as a telepath, excalibur #29 had the villain going against a Phoenix powered Rachel in order to turn her against her teammates and it took the intervention of Franklin Richards to actually free Rachel from nightmare grasp:

So…. Well done Jean, that’s some omega tp work for sure.
    Last edited by Daedra; 04-02-2023 at 12:55 AM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post

I said this before somewhere in these forums, I wish Marvel had an internal book with the scope of the characters powers and the feats they have already done. It wouldn't be to publish to the the readers, but just for their own proofreading to keep things consistent.
    Oooh GS as you taught me that would be the sensible thing to do …………..for people like us! We are looking for logical long term solutions with an eye out for the respect of continuity, the editors on the other hand just want to respect their own bottom line while creatively “having their cake and eating it too.”
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    What? No! Sabertooth would give Nightmare, nightmares of his own if he were in his realm.
    I was really just referring to the handful of times Jean has personally beat up Sabertooth.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Oooh GS as you taught me that would be the sensible thing to do …………..for people like us! We are looking for logical long term solutions with an eye out for the respect of continuity, the editors on the other hand just want to respect their own bottom line while creatively “having their cake and eating it too.”
    Yeah... That's why when someone tells me "you should be writing these books", I normally answer "no, I'd like to be editing these books". And that's to fix all of those structural problems, aiming at making a better product for the fans which - I believe - would lead to more sales and bring more money for the company that I would, in turn, advocate to be partially used to pay the creators better. Win-win-win.

--

This is getting a bit away from the topic of the thread, though. My apologies.

If anyone wants to continue the conversation, as always, feel free to PM me. :)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I was really just referring to the handful of times Jean has personally beat up Sabertooth.
    I fondly recall Victor begging Jean to light him up...

Last edited by Micabe; 04-02-2023 at 04:05 AM.

BANNED

You're a firecracker Creed... And I'm an atom bomb!
    X-Men v2 #28 (1994)
    Last edited by Micabe; 04-02-2023 at 04:05 AM.

You know, let’s pay respect where respect is due, Jean vs Nightmare has shown us how formidable she can be as a telepath, excalibur #29 had the villain going against a Phoenix powered Rachel in order to turn her against her teammates and it took the intervention of Franklin Richards to actually free Rachel from nightmare grasp:

So…. Well done Jean, that’s some omega tp work for sure.
    Yes, i am always fighting for this...even here on Jean's own thread.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Yeah... That's why when someone tells me "you should be writing these books", I normally answer "no, I'd like to be editing these books". And that's to fix all of those structural problems, aiming at making a better product for the fans which - I believe - would lead to more sales and bring more money for the company that I would, in turn, advocate to be partially used to pay the creators better. Win-win-win.

--

This is getting a bit away from the topic of the thread, though. My apologies.

If anyone wants to continue the conversation, as always, feel free to PM me.
    Exactly, GS. You and I both know they need great editing to make Jean shine.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    I fondly recall Victor begging Jean to light him up...

Jean was an Atom Bomb.

Today, Jean is a Galactic Core!

BANNED

MG, there are far too many ways to respond to that it's comic -- but, I'll just laugh out loud internally and spare myself a timeout.

Are you referring to me and my post?