Page 6 of 139 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Highball meet Maverick.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangledMan View Post
    I've been thinking about the music for a Green Lantern movie, and while the GL mythos should have a sci-fi/space opera OST, I think it would be interesting to give the human Lanterns more unique and personal themes. For Hal I'd love to hear something Western inspired, weird I know. But Hal is an older character, he feels like someone from another era and I think they should lean into that. He's a test pilot, an astronaut, a stick jockey; he has a wonderful adventurous spirit to him; and to me, he is a science hero, pushing the boundaries and frontiers of humanity.

I want Hal's theme to capture the wandering cowboy, lone (space) ranger vibe that he has. Something that captures his adventurous soul, something kind of romantic and yearning. Immediately, what comes to mind is Hans Zimmer's work on The Lone Ranger; in particular, his Home motif that appears in several tracks (around 0:43 here; the Silver motif following it is just as sublime) as well as given full life in a long piece.

A Hans Zimmer GL soundtrack would be epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Highball meet Maverick.

This would be fun to watch play out .

Astonishing Member

Highball meet Maverick.

Cute. Although I feel Hal would also be flying and not just sitting on the nose cone.

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    Cute. Although I feel Hal would also be flying and not just sitting on the nose cone.
    Glen Powell recently acknowledged the Hal fancast but even if there was a realistic chance for that, I'm thinking he's had his share of playing fighter pilots recently and if he got cast for this too he would be typecast for good.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Highball meet Maverick.

HA! That's seriously cool!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Highball meet Maverick.

I always thought Tom Cruise would be a great Hal Jordan if he were younger.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I always thought Tom Cruise would be a great Hal Jordan if he were younger.
    If we could use a time machine to cast for Hal, I'll always go for a young Dennis Quaid.(younger than the attached, but that pic has the right vibe) He's even played a hotshot pilot a few times - "The Right Stuff" and "Flight of the Phoenix."(he was only cocky at the beginning of that, as the drama took over later, but the first 15 minutes or so was pure Hal) To me, Cruise has no chill - unless a director reigns him in, he keeps injecting too much crazy-eyed intensity.
    Attached Images Attached Images

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangledMan View Post
    I've been thinking about the music for a Green Lantern movie, and while the GL mythos should have a sci-fi/space opera OST, I think it would be interesting to give the human Lanterns more unique and personal themes. For Hal I'd love to hear something Western inspired, weird I know. But Hal is an older character, he feels like someone from another era and I think they should lean into that. He's a test pilot, an astronaut, a stick jockey; he has a wonderful adventurous spirit to him; and to me, he is a science hero, pushing the boundaries and frontiers of humanity.

I want Hal's theme to capture the wandering cowboy, lone (space) ranger vibe that he has. Something that captures his adventurous soul, something kind of romantic and yearning. Immediately, what comes to mind is Hans Zimmer's work on The Lone Ranger; in particular, his Home motif that appears in several tracks (around 0:43 here; the Silver motif following it is just as sublime) as well as given full life in a long piece.
    I still get a charge out of FIRST FLIGHT's soundtrack, especially the end credits. You've got the good bombast but past minute 2 is where the extra layers show.

Glen Powell recently acknowledged the Hal fancast but even if there was a realistic chance for that, I'm thinking he's had his share of playing fighter pilots recently and if he got cast for this too he would be typecast for good.
    I don't think the typecasting is as rough as it was generations ago. It's not like he's got TOP GUN HANGMAN waiting around the corner so it would instead be a noteworthy transition from one pilot to another, and then sink or swim time after.

Hal would be proud of his teenage grandpa…weird sentence caused by time travel. Oh wait maybe this is Hal’s uncle, reality changes have gotten me lost a bit.

https://aiptcomics.com/2023/01/13/dc...st-children-3/
    Last edited by sifighter; 01-14-2023 at 09:56 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by bat22 View Post
    I don't think the typecasting is as rough as it was generations ago. It's not like he's got TOP GUN HANGMAN waiting around the corner so it would instead be a noteworthy transition from one pilot to another, and then sink or swim time after.
    He was a pilot in Devotion too. I do find it interesting when he talked about the fancastings, he specified "Hal Jordan" and not "Green Lantern" in general. He knew which specific GL fans wanted him to play even though he wasn't a comic guy in his own words. I'm guessing that's just some of the things the guy sees anytime he opens his twitter.

You know I had a thought, I’d anything stopping the golden age Airwave from Lost Children from being in Tamaki’s upcoming Jal Jordan series? I mean if Judy Garrick can escape and go on adventures with Jay as which Johns is teasing, nothing would really stop Larry Jordan from coming along and meeting Hal.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    You know I had a thought, I’d anything stopping the golden age Airwave from Lost Children from being in Tamaki’s upcoming Jal Jordan series? I mean if Judy Garrick can escape and go on adventures with Jay as which Johns is teasing, nothing would really stop Larry Jordan from coming along and meeting Hal.
    I guess nothing's stopping Tamaki from doing that, but Judy was created to be Jay's sidekick complete with retconned history from the Golden Age. No such connection or natural partnership is there for Airwave, other than being relatives.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I guess nothing's stopping Tamaki from doing that, but Judy was created to be Jay's sidekick complete with retconned history from the Golden Age. No such connection or natural partnership is there for Airwave, other than being relatives.
    That’s fair I suppose. I don’t know I was remembering lately Helen from his time as the Spectre and find it odd that Hal doesn’t really have like a kid or a sidekick. He doesn’t need either it’s just a thought that I’ve had.
    Words to live by.

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

All these years later, Helen is still waiting to get picked up...