Page 78 of 139 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 2080

Quote Originally Posted by mrumsey View Post
    I think this line from the announcement of the new series is pretty important: "A heartbreaking defeat has sent Hal reeling, returning home to rediscover his roots…and find the man responsible for ruining his life: Sinestro." Grief is a funny thing and people respond to it in different ways, especially when it hits very close to home.
    Well put. Nice review by the way, some good observations about Hal's mindset, as well as the Hal/Carol dynamic and their track record.

https://www.blogofoa.com/2023/06/gre...-review-3.html

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Well put. Nice review by the way, some good observations about Hal's mindset, as well as the Hal/Carol dynamic and their track record.

I don't think Carol is being unfair here. What she wants out of a relationship is stability and there is nothing wrong with that; of course she knows Hal will leave. So she's not asking him to stay this time, in fact, she wants nothing to do with him. The Lois Lane comparison is unfair because Superman actually can balance his work-life relationship, whereas Hal can't and Carol isn't going to make him choose again.

I think that was more about their history, the fact that in the past she also played a part in why their relationship has been so... turbulent.

Hal and Carol have always needed that one definitive love story. One of the best examples for me has always been Kraven's Last Hunt since at its core it's a love story about a man who has to overcome the horrors inflicted upon him to go back to the woman he loves and needs, while she roams the streets at night to try to find him even though she knows it's futile. Hal and Carol could similarly have a good use of something that shows undeniably why they're endgame, not only because she's his most enduring love interest.
    Last edited by Johnny; 06-16-2023 at 02:50 PM.

Thanks Johnny, much appreciated!
    Visit The Blog of Oa for Green Lantern News, Reviews, Podcasts and more

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Part of me suspects that Adams is drawing out the mystery because he knew Knight Terrors was coming and he didn’t want to get too deep into the overarching plot knowing that he was going to have to take a two month break. Optimistically when the book comes back in Sept things will move more quickly and we will start getting answers.
    That would make sense. These issues are a bit slow in some aspects, Adam's holding off until after the event does seem like a logical thing to do.

But aren't you then risking that people will forget about you in two months?

I think that was more about their history, the fact that in the past she also played a part in why their relationship has been so... turbulent.

Hal and Carol have always needed that one definitive love story. One of the best examples for me has always been Kraven's Last Hunt since at its core it's a love story about a man who has to overcome the horrors inflicted upon him to go back to the woman he loves and needs. Hal and Carol could similarly have a good use of something that shows undeniably why they're endgame, not only because she's his most enduring love interest.
    That's how I view Johns' run. Or New Frontier.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I agree - it doesn't make much sense to start off a book by essentially killing time until the story really starts. Better to get people invested so when NT hits, they'll be clamoring to get back to the main storyline. And since he's writing the NT issues as well, it's not like he can't maintain some of the core underlying character threads. I mean, who knows - unless Adams has stated somewhere that's how he decided to play it. Or maybe his story really can't be interrupted once it gets going.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 06-15-2023 at 08:18 AM.

Yeah but there’s nothing he can do about KT. Either you dive right in with two issues and risk pissing people off with a two month break for KT, or you start slow and risk people bailing because they’re not seeing the hook. Or maybe I’m totally wrong about his intentions. At least the KT break might allow him to take the feedback about the pacing into account when the book returns.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yeah but there’s nothing he can do about KT. Either you dive right in with two issues and risk pissing people off with a two month break for KT, or you start slow and risk people bailing because they’re not seeing the hook. Or maybe I’m totally wrong about his intentions. At least the KT break might allow him to take the feedback about the pacing into account when the book returns.
    I would hope the book's far enough along that the KT break allows Xermanico to have several issues in the can.

I wonder how this will get collected. Future State stories did feel a bit weird in some of the collections.

I wonder how this will get collected. Future State stories did feel a bit weird in some of the collections.
    I'd be surprised if it isn't collected since Adams is still writing and it seems like the tie-in leads directly into the cliffhanger of the second issue.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mrumsey View Post
    Thanks Johnny, much appreciated!
    I agree with Johny. That was a nice review. And that heartbreaking event does make sense.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Adams doesn't seem like the type to unceremoniously kill off Kilowog.
    I'm hoping it isn't, but it looks that way.