Page 12 of 139 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I was planning to pick it up anyway, but it wouldn't surprise me if we get a significant Hal appearance in Green Arrow's first arc.
    I am curious about GA's mini series. Not sure yet but I'm thinking of checking it out.

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    I am curious about GA's mini series. Not sure yet but I'm thinking of checking it out.
    I'm hoping it turns out good .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm hoping it turns out good .
    Same here. Looking forward to Hal's appearance too.

He mentioned in Dark Crisis that if Dinah and Roy asked him to help them find Ollie he would, so I do expect him make some appearance in the GA series.

Seems like Jeremy Adams might be writing Hal's solo now?

The visionary  team of Jeremy Adams and Xermánico (Flashpoint Beyond) present a tale of redemption, loss, and finding out that maybe you can go home again, in Green Lantern. Spinning out of the events of Dark Crisis on Infinite Earths, the Guardians of Oa at the heart of the Green Lantern Corps have quarantined Sector 2814, home of the planet Earth—and its champion along with it! A heartbreaking defeat has sent Hal reeling, returning home to rediscover his roots…and find the man responsible for ruining his life: Sinestro. At least if he's willing to hot-wire a power ring to do it. 
    https://www.dc.com/blog/2023/01/25/d...-on-dawn-of-dc

Hal gets the main book written by Adams, a GLTAS writer and John is demoted to a backup. Are you happy Johnny ?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Hal gets the main book written by Adams, a GLTAS writer and John is demoted to a backup. Are you happy Johnny ?
    I'm much more happy about Adams writing Hal over Tamaki, but the John backup is probably going to tick people off.

Surprised they're going back to the classic look.

John gets his own book, Green Lantern: John Stewart by Phillip Kennedy Johnson, so his appearance in the backup really isn't a demotion, but more of a guest appearance.
    https://www.cbr.com/green-lantern-ne...h-dc-universe/
    "Ignore them. They're nothing but a bunch of basement dwellers who spend all day whining on the 'net. Not a single open-minded one in the bunch."
    --Andre Briggs, Justice League International #1

I’m disappointed to hear Tamaki is no longer on the run but I will admit I do like Jeremy Adams especially his Flash work so Hal is in good hands here.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Honestly I have nothing against Tamaki but I think Adams is a much better choice here.

Quote Originally Posted by Cel View Post
    John gets his own book, Green Lantern: John Stewart by Phillip Kennedy Johnson, so his appearance in the backup really isn't a demotion, but more of a guest appearance.
    https://www.cbr.com/green-lantern-ne...h-dc-universe/
    I was being tongue in cheek hence the emoji, but clearly things have changed since that initial announcement given Tamaki is no longer writing Hal. Not sure if John will get his own book after all, but I hope so. At least Adams writing Hal should make people happy.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Adams is a blank slate to me which is I suppose better than when it was Tamaki, but still a trade-and-wait situation.

Well why should I be. When I complain about DC's treatment of Hal I never throw dirt at other Lanterns, to me it's always about how DC appears to never have a good creative direction planned for him or always chooses to leave him out of Justice League line-ups. It's never about wishing someone else to be demoted in order to give him the spotlight. If I did that, I would be no different than the folks who always wish Hal to go away so their faves would get pushed instead. I don't do that.

Otherwise yes, I am happy about seeing Hal in an ongoing title again by a great creative team and finally back on Earth again. Also the combination of the classic sleeveless look with the Rebirth look is certainly... interesting.
    Last edited by Johnny; 01-25-2023 at 10:08 AM.

I take Jeremy Adams over Tamaki any day of the week. I'll finally read a GL book again.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.