Page 30 of 139 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Dawn of DC is leaning hard on “classics return” and nostalgia. Titans has the NTT lineup (again), Supes has his secret identity back, Tim Drake is being pushed as Robin, Waid is doing a Neo-Silver Age over in WF, this is in line with where the DCU as a whole is going. Not a fan myself, I don’t agree with the hard on some people have for old school costumes and what not. A lot of the old costumes look terrible compared to the modernizations imo (Flash is the major exception).
    Thank god that we have writers like PKJ trying to push things forward at least a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, unless he says they told him to write the title as a throwback, I'm not expecting it .
    Damn bro, why you gotta do me like that. :/

Fantastic Member Mutatis_Mutandis's Avatar

Found this snippet from a Morrison interview during the start of TGL season 2. It would be really cool to have the entire run collected as an omnibus with all the interviews Morrison gave on Hal as a character as well as how they envisioned the Guardians and the Corps. Anyway, thought this was worth sharing.

https://www.cbr.com/interview-grant-...tern-season-2/

It is like visiting that weird uncle who is into various conspiracy theories.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Damn bro, why you gotta do me like that. :/
    I'm sorry, Johnny? I think I misunderstood something? I'm sorry if I said something hurtful.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm sorry, Johnny? I think I misunderstood something? I'm sorry if I said something hurtful.
    Not at all, I was just being rather self-deprecating about how easily upset I get about anything Hal.

By Greg Staples.

Not at all, I was just being rather self-deprecating about how easily upset I get about anything Hal.
    Oh! No worries then .

Extraordinary Member

If Johnny was forced to consume anti Hal content for three days, then fitted to wear a fully charged red ring....

He would totally destroy super saiyan Broly, make Hulk cry, and punk Wolverine into buying groceries.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    If Johnny was forced to consume anti Hal content for three days, then fitted to wear a fully charged red ring....

He would totally destroy super saiyan Broly, make Hulk cry, and punk Wolverine into buying groceries.
    "The view never changes, babeh" - Dusty Rhodes

And much like with that Hulk gentleman, there's no real cure for it. I've done everything from ranting and raving to being calm, collected and open-minded to taking "breaks" to even typing "farewell" comments and nothing ever changes. The biggest conundrum for me is this isn't even my favorite DC character let alone favorite character in general and yet nothing in this little bubble of ours disappoints me as much as when DC is messing up with him. I wasn't as mad about One More Day as I was with Beware My Power. At some point it goes beyond simple nerd rage, and the worst part is always being self-aware about it and never really changing nonetheless. If that isn't the definition of insanity I don't know what is. ;/ But anyway, at this point you just gotta hope for the best and try to react better than before if you don't get what you want.
    Last edited by Johnny; 02-13-2023 at 03:07 PM.

Astonishing Member

Adams worked on GL: TAS, I'm not surprised he included Kilowog. Perhaps eventually he could end up including two other cast members too.
    I would really like that.

I wonder how Razer could work if Hal was operating earth bound.

Extraordinary Member

"The view never changes, babeh" - Dusty Rhodes

And much like with that Hulk gentleman, there's no real cure for it. I've done everything from ranting and raving to being calm, collected and open-minded to taking "breaks" to even typing "farewell" comments and nothing ever changes. The biggest conundrum for me is this isn't even my favorite DC character let alone favorite character in general and yet nothing in this little bubble of ours disappoints me as much as when DC is messing up with him. I wasn't as mad about One More Day as I was with Beware My Power. At some point it goes beyond simple nerd rage, and the worst part is always being self-aware about it and never really changing nonetheless. If that isn't the definition of insanity I don't know what is. ;/ But anyway, at this point you just gotta hope for the best and try to react better than before if you don't get what you want.
    You know someone is good peeps when they quote Dusty Rhodes.

https://twitter.com/gabrielhardman/s...VLD6GMUui-MNOw
    I’m pleased that DC films including my GREEN LANTERN: EARTH ONE pitch art in their presentation video has led to a lot of new readers checking those books out.
    Can’t get ahead of ourselves, but maybe if the Lanterns show is a success… maybe we can still get Vol. 3.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    https://twitter.com/gabrielhardman/s...VLD6GMUui-MNOw

Can’t get ahead of ourselves, but maybe if the Lanterns show is a success… maybe we can still get Vol. 3.
    Man they really should show off more art during the announcements

I don't Marvel has had much boosts with their books compared to here

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Man they really should show off more art during the announcements

I don't Marvel has had much boosts with their books compared to here
    For all the claims of Feige being a comic fan, I’ve never seen him try to boost awareness of the source material like Gunn does.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/