Page 26 of 139 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676126 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Hmm.... how "complicated?" Like.... "Carol has a kid" complicated maybe?(how long has Hal been in space? )
    No just no. That level of stupid is reserved for Marvel thank you very much

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So it sounds like they are kind of continuing from Hal's characterization in the last few years where he's still adjusting between being on Earth again after all the time he was in space, but we will see Carol and his family react to him being back (again).

And yeah, I think starting off on Earth, building up Hal's life on there again, and progressing things from there is a good choice. I'm curious between Adams and PKJ who has access to which GL's.
    If any of the other GLs show up, I think they’re more likely to show up in John’s book. All the other GLs might be kept away from Earth while Hal is under quarantine.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I want them back together, they should have gotten married for real at the end of Johns’ run.
    Yeah that would’ve made sense but that was during Heroes can’t be married for…reasons era

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Hmm.... how "complicated?" Like.... "Carol has a kid" complicated maybe?(how long has Hal been in space? )
    Wow. Is this the cover for the first issue?

Variant cover. They haven't released the main cover yet. I'm guessing they're saving it when the solicits come out in order to avoid potential spoilers.

And that woman on the variant isn’t Carol lol.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

Just the carny running the game

You don't know that for sure... ;p (we've got plenty of time for wild speculation before the book comes out...)

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That was really not a good episode for Hal

And it features Jess at her worst, just being a total ass towards Hal for justifiably dumping his psycho-ex

I like Carol as the one true love, but Hal dating lots of different women is kinda important character trait.

Sure, him getting married could in theory lead to fresh new stories, but superhero comics are terrible at writing actual families. And GL franchise is very violatile so I doubt that it would work.

Honestly, I see Hal just retiring after he settles down with Carol.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I like Carol as the one true love, but Hal dating lots of different women is kinda important character trait.

Sure, him getting married could in theory lead to fresh new stories, but superhero comics are terrible at writing actual families. And GL franchise is very violatile so I doubt that it would work.

Honestly, I see Hal just retiring after he settles down with Carol.
    Really I’d be happy just to see Hal and Carol together and interacting again, they should’ve gotten married at the end of Johns run, the momentum was there to put the two together after all they went through. Doing it now would feel hollow, they need to rebuild that relationship again first. See it’s funny to me that Hal as a womanizer still gets talked about because sure he had a few flings in Morrison’s run… but even there Carol was the OTL, and the rest were just pump and dumps at most . Not since Cowgirl has there been any serious attempt to give Hal a LI who could compete with Carol. None that I can recall anyway but my memory may be failing me there.

Incredible Member

Really I’d be happy just to see Hal and Carol together and interacting again, they should’ve gotten married at the end of Johns run, the momentum was there to put the two together after all they went through. Doing it now would feel hollow, they need to rebuild that relationship again first. See it’s funny to me that Hal as a womanizer still gets talked about because sure he had a few flings in Morrison’s run… but even there Carol was the OTL, and the rest were just pump and dumps at most . Not since Cowgirl has there been any serious attempt to give Hal a LI who could compete with Carol. None that I can recall anyway but my memory may be failing me there.
    What the heck happened to cowgirl anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    What the heck happened to cowgirl anyway?
    She popped up during the Morrison run - she's fine. Just living her life. She and Hal were never serious anyway and Hal went to space.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    That was really not a good episode for Hal
    It gets better...
    Attached Images Attached Images