Page 19 of 139 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast

There's too many GL's to adapt at this point .

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    8 no less

Alan Scott, Hal Jordan, Guy Gardner, John Stewart, Kyle Raynor, Simon Baz, Jessica Cruz, and Jo Mullein.

Alan at least is lucky to always have a spot when the JSA get a story, but the other 7 are constantly fighting each other for spotlight. If DC can't be bothered to have a have a Green Lantern Corps title always running alongside the main GL ongoing, they have to stop adding new main characters.

Jo especially suffers cause she was clearly intended to be the main GL for the 5G era but with its cancellation she now suffers from the same issues plaguing Jace, Yara, and Teen Jon.

Astonishing Member

Even the scaffolding and leadup to 5G created so many problems. The whole thing was just an astroturfed editorially mandated event that nobody wanted.

Isn't that what DC does all the time though. Every event they do is usually something nobody asked for.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Isn't that what DC does all the time though. Every event they do is usually something nobody asked for.
    Its the sheer scale that made it very noticeable.

Didio was planning on changing the entire universe and then killing off nearly every single hero to have them replaced with a new character.

Like the Flash Family would have been slaughtered to the last man and then succeeded by an unrelated extra-dimensional counterpart. 5G was a Goddamn slaughterhouse.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's surprising that DC did not think of that.

I'd guess that most writers think that their own creations are superior.

Hal will be in the GL show now it seems.
    https://twitter.com/BlackGirlNerds/s...0XIzNNf1T1mI5w

“Lanterns”

Of all the TV series, Safran and Gunn seemed most excited for “Lanterns,” which Safran described as “a huge HBO-quality event” that is “very much in the vein of ‘True Detective.'”

The show will focus on two of the best known members of the Green Lantern corps.: Hal Jordan (the test pilot first played on screen by Ryan Reynolds in 2011’s “Green Lantern”) and John Stewart (an ex-marine and one of DC’s first Black superheroes), who investigate a mystery that Safran said “plays a really big role leading us into the main story that we’re telling across our film and television.”

“So this is a very important show for us,” Safran continued.

This project is separate from a Green Lantern series that was being developed by Greg Berlanti for HBO Max, which is now no longer moving forward.

“Greg’s vision was more of a space opera,” Safran said. “Our vision is much more ‘True Detective,’ terrestrial-based investigation story.”
    Last edited by Holt; 01-31-2023 at 10:09 AM.

**** yeah my two favs in the same show! What a turn around from where we were a year ago. Hal’s got a comic and a new show coming! GL is back!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Fantastic Member Mutatis_Mutandis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Hal will be in the GL show now it seems.
    https://twitter.com/BlackGirlNerds/s...0XIzNNf1T1mI5w
    Holy ****, now this sounds great. Consider my curiosity piqued.

Doing True Detective is one way to keep the costs down and keep things interesting.

Keep in mind, we first heard this exact same premise almost ten years ago. The GLC movie was first announced back in 2014. That obviously didn't go anywhere and since then they've announced and cancelled two different GL shows. Third time's a charm I suppose but at this point until actual principal photography starts, I'm in wait and see mode about this, especially the "dark mystery/ancient horror" part. Gee I wonder what that could be about...
    Last edited by Johnny; 01-31-2023 at 11:59 AM.

Fantastic Member Mutatis_Mutandis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Keep in mind, we first heard this exact same premise almost ten years ago. The GLC movie was first announced back in 2014. That obviously didn't go anywhere and since then they've announced and cancelled two different GL shows. Third time's a charm I suppose but at this point until actual principal photography starts, I'm in wait and see mode about this, especially the "dark mystery/ancient horror" part. Gee I wonder what that could be about...
    Fair point but I have zero faith in Berlanti regardless of whatever premise. When they say True Detective, I'm hoping that it's not just the premise but that the writing is also relatively on par with Season 1 instead of some teen drama CW show.

This is a huge win just by the fact that this is not a Greg Berlanti production.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    This is a huge win just by the fact that this is not a Greg Berlanti production.
    His shows suffer more from the CW being cheap then anything. Sure he made Titans but he made Doom Patrol too.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/