Page 25 of 139 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    That's kind of sad though. They're essentially telling the audience these characters can't stand out on their own unless someone else is reimagined in order to be sabotaged for their sake since otherwise he apparently represents a threat to them. Those were the rumors for that Nova show as well, that the MCU version would make Richard Rider an older mentor to pass the torch to Sam Alexander. Richard who became Nova when he was in highschool would be reimagined as an older mentor to make room for the new guy. It's laughably transparent what they're doing with this kind of thing. If Hal's actor is 20 years older than John's actor, that will tell you everything about what his role would be like and why he's there in the first place. And yeah it's not like you can do anything about it unless simply not watching, but that's the problem since it's not like you have other options as far as Hal is concerned, he doesn't exactly appear in other outside media products you can choose to watch instead.
    Things are a bit different now from when we were growing up in that comic books aren't that profitable anymore as a result of illegal streaming and bitorrents, so it's really the intellectual property rights of the superhero for movies and tv shows that's important.

....and there not always true to the characters, because the target audience goes well beyond comic book readers.

There has been a trend in Hollywood as of late to have the white hero as an old mentor who gets killed off, (Luke Skywalker ect) but when I was young it was always the African American who was playing second fiddle as the responsible boss or sidekick to the hotshot...so who knows how it will roll.

For me, as long as Hal is like Hal in the comic book I'm good, because Hal sells.

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    I hope that somehow Hal's supporting cast gets included.
    I hope Carol can finally make a comeback .

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Oh jeez. Been so long I forgot all about her. Well if Adams has shown anything on Flash it’s that he handles supporting characters and romance well. So I imagine carol will show up. Heck it’d be right in the wheel house right now as Carol should still have her ring.

Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    Oh jeez. Been so long I forgot all about her. Well if Adams has shown anything on Flash it’s that he handles supporting characters and romance well. So I imagine carol will show up. Heck it’d be right in the wheel house right now as Carol should still have her ring.
    I hope so. The last thing I'd want is for her to have given it up off-panel and have them revert back to the same-old dynamic. I want to see them as a super-couple!

Adams was asked about Hal and Carol after he was announced as the new writer and he replied it was "complicated", so it seems like it's business as usual with the two. lol

Adams was asked about Hal and Carol after he was announced as the new writer and he replied it was "complicated", so it seems like it's business as usual with the two. lol
    Hmm.... how "complicated?" Like.... "Carol has a kid" complicated maybe?(how long has Hal been in space? )

I'm not sure if that's really her, pink top and all. Maybe Hal gets a new love interest?

I'm not sure if that's really her, pink top and all. Maybe Hal gets a new love interest?
    This person put Hal in white boots, so a pink top on Carol would be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    This person put Hal in white boots, so a pink top on Carol would be nothing.
    I meant despite the pink top(damn language barrier). She doesn't really look like Carol to me, she seems to be a WOC.

On a side note, Adams talks a bit about GL in a new interview: https://www.dc.com/blog/2023/02/07/e...h-jeremy-adams

Love the part where he mentions GL/GA was a product of its time. It's kind of sad to me there are still people who treat that version like it's Hal's default characterization.
    Last edited by Johnny; 02-07-2023 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I want them back together, they should have gotten married for real at the end of Johns’ run.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I'm sorry, but after Morrison's The Green Lantern issue 7, there is only one woman for Hal.

Your Green Lantern run is going to be grounding Hal back on Earth for the first time, with one or two brief exceptions, since his transformation into Parallax. What is that readjustment going to be like?

Hard for all parties involved. When you've seen the infinite wonders of the stars above, how do you deal with going to buy groceries? I imagine it's all kind of mundane. But also, what about his brothers or Carol? They're so used to him leaving, do they believe he's back for a sustained period? Or do they think that he'll just leave again? Lots of cool interpersonal drama to be mined from it all.
    Good, I’m excited to see Hal interacting with his family some more, and glad we get confirmation that Carol will be involved.

The last time we saw Jessica Cruz in The Flash, she was rolling deep with the Yellow Lanterns. But since Dark Crisis, Jessica seems to have returned to green with little offered explanation. As the new Green Lantern guy, can you shed a little colored light on this?

Maybe. It's not the first story I'm going to explore. But if people stick around long enough, and if enough of these books sell, I'm hoping to get deeper and deeper into the entire Green Lantern mythos. But right now, editorial has asked me to stay earthbound, and well, I tend to follow orders.
    I hope Hal is stuck on Earth for at least 12 issues. Give the endless cosmic crises a rest and let’s get some focus on Hal’s personal life, including his family and love interest. This is exactly the kind of thing I wanted post Johns, de escalation for a bit that opens up room for more personal storytelling. Of course Sinestro being involved will crusade escalation, but I’d honestly prefer if the story isn’t Sinestro trying to take over the world or whatever, but just Sinestro trying to break quarantine and escape, while Hal chases after him. Doing that and rebuilding his Earth life in the process sounds like a good pitch to me.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

What's interesting is he says in the end editorial asked him to do an earthbound book, so it seems like this wasn't Tamaki's pitch before that Adams took over, Hal being back on Earth post-Dark Crisis is the direction DC wanted to go in. Tho it also seems like it won't be as simple as his "I need to be grounded" line from the last issue of Dark Crisis, sounds like he was again somehow forced to go back to Earth since Adams says there would be time jumps in the story that reveal why he went back to Earth.

... sounds like he was again somehow forced to go back to Earth since Adams says there would be time jumps in the story that reveal why he went back to Earth.
    When the creative team was revealed, DC said something about Hal suffering a huge defeat. And that Hal sees Sinestro as the reason behind it.

So it sounds like they are kind of continuing from Hal's characterization in the last few years where he's still adjusting between being on Earth again after all the time he was in space, but we will see Carol and his family react to him being back (again).

And yeah, I think starting off on Earth, building up Hal's life on there again, and progressing things from there is a good choice. I'm curious between Adams and PKJ who has access to which GL's.